A brand new day

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

A brand new day

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:28 pm

After a nice meal, everyone retired to bed. It was agreed that the young ones could have the privacy of the bedrooms. Asphodel, Brenna, and Alicia crammed into one room while Fili and Kili crammed into the other. Fili and Kili refused to sleep in the same room with Roy so he slept out in the living room with Thorin, Balin, and Dwalin.

The next morning, Asphodel woke up early. She tried to hide a small bruise on the side of her face. Before Brenna and Alicia had come in for bed, Roy had had a talk in the room with Asphodel. She recalled the conversation as she took off her nightgown and put on one of the burlap sacks she had found that could be used as clothes until new ones could be made from the textile room. It was itchy and very uncomfortable, but it wasn't see through so she was happy for that.

She went outside to pump water from the rusty pump outside to wash her hands and face so no one would know she had cried herself to sleep. She had to go straight to work today or else Roy would give her another talking to. And he had warned her to stay away from that dwarf boy. But... Roy was going to be with his herd as usual and Asphodel was beginning to appreciate that fact. The more he was away from the village the better. She hated him, in all honesty. She was afraid of him and she wished with all her might that he had not been on this planet with her. After all... she had been thinking about Kili ever since they returned from their exploring together. It was certainly too early to tell if these were genuine feelings towards the dwarf, but she definitely enjoyed his company.

Fili had talked to Kili after the two of them went to bed. The two of them lay on their hay mattresses talking till the wee hours of the night like they used to as dwarflings. "I suppose if we all have to work together, we must put aside cultural differences," Fili was saying, "and we can't have someone who is forcing others to do things against their will here. But I think we all bring elements of our own cultures to this new land and I think it's good to honor, share, and respect those cultures, so long as those cultures don't demand that other people should suffer." Fili talked at length about how he felt about the matter.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: A brand new day

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:27 pm

Kili grimaced. " And what about those suffering in their own culture? If they truly do not like that culture then, on this new land they should not have to be forced to abide by them." Kili crossed his arms.
" I like her Fili. I think I like her a lot and it makes me sad to see my friends suffering so." the archer did not yet realize that this was instead a feeling of romantic love, not just a budding friendship. " I'm all for sharing cultures, but I'm also all for respecting each other as individuals too."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:37 pm

Fili yawned as he lay in bed, "I agree perfectly with you, Brother," he said. "But Uncle would say we should not interfere with others. But... I don't like this Roy fellow either. He's not at all like Master Boggins. There's something wrong, maybe even dangerous about him. I don't think he has the right to talk to her the way he does. I understand that some societies favor the male and some favor the female and some, like ours, have more of a balance, and I'm all for respecting such things, but I agree with you that the individual should get a choice in the matter. And that Hobbit irks me. I have to admit there have been a few instances when I found myself wishing he'd suddenly get transported into the middle of Mordor. Let's see how much of a tongue he has then." Fili smirked.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:38 pm

Brenna checked on her harpoon, making sure nothing or needed cleaning and the like. It was spic and span just as they day it was first crafted. Brenna smiled proudly at it, then went to go find Asphodel. " Asphodel?" she called out. " Where are ya, still doing chores? Agh, but we won't have time for training. Let me help you with them." Brenna jumped in to help get all Asphodel's chores done faster. " First we can start with hand to hand combat, then with smaller hidden weapons like daggers."

Meanwhile Alicia had left the house and had been gone most of the day after breakfast and helping clean up the mess. As planned, she went searching for a honey source, which was not that easy to find as honey bees could travel for miles from their home base. but luckily she did find one far hidden at the tree line. She made a smoky fire at the base of the tree and slowly ascended it, cutting away a few chunks of honey that the bees could do without and it wouldn't endanger their own survival.
From there she had used a flat smooth board and some charcoal to draw out a simple map of their side of the valley. She had loads of fun exploring. It was one of her favorite hobbies. She spent the day also digging out and gathering medicinal flowers and herbs for the garden she was creating. Alicia had been gone practically all day.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:44 pm

Dwalin caught Roy once he was done, taking him to the pottery shop to start his lessons.
Kili spent hi extra time either helping fix up the home, or making more arrows. Every so often his thoughts would go back to Asphodel.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:08 am

Asphodel was finishing the last of weeding in the garden when Brenna found her. She had a lot of things she actually wanted to do today, besides just things that Roy expected out of her. She tried to follow along with what Brenna was teaching her, but she wasn't very good just yet. And her thoughts began to stray, especially as she would often catch glimpses of Kili and Fili walking around with boards or tools in their hands, and often, with their shirts off. Asphodel felt a slight flush in her cheek when walked by, he was really quite handsome.

After a few hours, she felt frustrated, "I'll try again tomorrow," she told Brenna. She wasn't quite getting the forms. She'd improved slightly, but she had a long way to go. "I have to collect some seeds of plants. Then tomorrow I will plow and plant all the seeds so soon we will have a nice thriving crop of vegetables and grains."

Meanwhile, the dwarves worked as one. It was summertime on this planet, and the unusual planet's climate was such that during the summer, the climate took on the feel of the tropics. It was hot and humid. Lush rain forests surrounded the prairie and the prairie itself looked like an African savannah. It was sickeningly hot ao Fili took his shirt off and he kept dousing himself in water while he worked. He and Kili completely cleared out two more houses that day and they finished repairing the staircase in the first house, as well as the upstairs flooring so now it was possible to go upstairs. They didn't get a chance to explore the three other bedrooms upstairs and they planned to do that tomorrow. They did find a wardrobe room which made everyone happy because they all could use a change of clothes. The clothes needed to be washed and mended to fit dwarf/hobbit/gnome bodies, since it seemed they were obviously meant for humans, but at least Alicia would appreciate them.

Another thing that Fili and Kili worked on which brought them out and about all day, was to fix the fencing around the village and fix up the barns, chicken coops, and pig pens. Their little village was now ready to properly contain animals again.

After training, Asphodel went around and collected seeds. She found grains of every variety. Oats, rye, barley, wheat, and even corn and rice. She also found a number of vegetables, including tropical ones. It was realized that just about any kind of plant, whether it was tropical, temperate, or polar, could survive in this climate depending on the season.

Balin made use of the leather smithing while Dwalin taught Roy pottery. Roy ranted and raved until Dwalin's ear was sore. He complained about everything. He didn't like this planet, but his biggest theme was that Asphodel would not obey him. He was worried that this planet would make her rebellious.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 am

At the end of their hard work, they finally had a successful little town. The la to Asphodel's work they had a garden. Thanks to the dwarves they had housing, leathers, glass and pottery. Thanks to Roy they had animals. Thanks to  Brenna they'll have some fresh meat to eat and Asphodel will slowly but surely learn a few basic needs of defense. She wasn't frustrated with the hobbit lass for getting frustrated herself. Rather she was actually proud, becuase despite the mess ups she was at least trying. And that was more important to Brenna.
Thanks to Alicia their home had a few more homey touches. Things of comfort like honey and tea, raw materials for brewing, and tomorrow the eyes she has started in the textile shop will be ready, and Alicia can add some color with a painting or two. She wasn't a master seamstress, but she could make pillows and cushions which will only add to comfort. The human really was determined to stick by her plans of making this place like a get away home. If she were completely honest with herself, she was actually really enjoying herself. Exploring was one of her favorite things to do after all and as long as there was something to explore, she was happy. In fact, while investigating some flora, she noticed she was being watched by an equally curious creature. Alicia couldn't tell exactly what it was till it started jogging closer. "Hyena.. striped hyena? Ooooooh we got hyenas out here?" She said to herself. Striped hyenas were solitary creatures and usually traveled alone unless they had started a family. This one was by himself though. He made little giggling sounds while he darted back and forth at Alicia. No doubt wondering who or what she was. She so wanted to take him home as a fun pet or friend, but she didn't think the others would appreciate it. heaven forbid Dwalin try to eat him. Alicia smiled amusedly.
When night begun to fall, it brought a thunderstorm. The human required Dwalin to help set out all their spare barrels to become rain barrels for the night.  
"We'll have water for drinking or for the garden." Alicia said to the warrior's questioning looks. Now having Dwalin's attention, she told him all about her own day.
The gruff warrior had the grace to listen and lend an ear for her. She was beginning to decipher his grunts or 'mm-hms' were his general way of smiling or the like.

Dwalin plopped between Thorin and Balin on the couch. "That durn hobbit. Nothing like our burglar. Even Bilbo didn't complain as much unless things got really nasty. I think this lass been fed with a silver cast spoon all his life."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:39 pm

Asphodel worked all day plowing the garden and the field and then planting seeds. It would take a few days for the seeds to grow, but fortunately, thanks to prior inhabitants, some crops had been left behind. Asphodel found turnips, potatoes, and onions growing near the root cellar and she quickly plucked them all up, eager to prepare a stew. When the dwarves were done with the fencing, Asphodel went out to the prairies to capture some chickens. She found a few hens and a rooster and caught them, placing them in the coop. She also could not believe her luck, she found a pig, a pregnant sow, resting in the tall grass. She gasped in delight and hurried back to town to get everyone's attention.

"Come quick!" she exclaimed. "I need your help! I found a pig in the bush and I need to get her into the pig pen! Hurry before she gets away! She's a pregnant sow, we can expect perhaps eight piglets from her!"

When Asphodel came running, Fili was helping Kili make finishing touches to some of the furniture he was repairing. "These furniture pieces came out really nice, Brother," Fili was saying just before Asphodel came running up.

Meanwhile, Roy was irritated by having to spend the day with Dwalin. He was also irritated that his clothes were starting to tear. He happened to find Brenna and approached her, putting his hands on his hips. "I need my clothes mended," he demanded hotly. "I expect my tunic to be mended by the next morning."

Balin worked on leather soles for everyone's shoes. He stayed close the Thorin for most of the day, observing the king as Thorin worked on making tools for everyone.

Meanwhile, off in the bush, someone was staring at the same hyena as Alicia, but from another bush. Zaylara was a tall girl, pale chalky white skin, jet black hair, and hazel eyes. She'd been wandering this planet for days, her clothes hung off her back, she was nearly naked in fact but fortunately, a few strips of cloth still covered her private parts. Although she had not seen a soul since she arrived here so it wouldn't really matter. But she glanced at the hyena running around in the bush. She was very hungry and needed to hunt soon. After all, as her fangs glistened in the sun, plant life wouldn't do. She needed blood. Humanoid blood might be acceptable to most of her race, but she refused to harm another sentient being and so limited her blood feeding to animals only. But the hyena would not provide the best source of nutrients so she continued to walk through the savanna, looking for something to eat.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Brenna froze what she waa doing a d looked up to stare at Roy like he lost his mind. "Well," she said slowly. " then you best get started on your tunic." The gnome said in an error calm tone, staring at him with a hard look.
Kili rubbed his hands together. "What a wonderful find you have Asphodel! You are an amazing lass!" He complimented to her. " I dare say, thanks to you mostly, we won't have to worry about starving any time soon. You've been providing us with most of our food." Kili flashed a happy smile at her. She looked to even be glowing in the evening sun set to kili, and he tried to hide his own blush.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:42 pm

A tropical storm had begun to roll in. Thunder crashed and lightning struck. Dwalin glanced at the dry wood in the fire place, grateful that they thought ahead of time to stock that up. He saw an odd shadow flash by. "Huh?" He whirled to the window, but it was gone. "Hmm, must be the wind blowing branches." He muttered to himself. Just as he had begun to relax, he heard odd chatting and squeaking or baying outside. Dwalin stood up again. " hmm..whats going on out there?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:48 pm

Roy looked at Brenna like he didn't quite her her correctly. "Well surely you must not be implying that I take on a task that is not reserved for me," he said. "After all, is it not your job to take care of the home?"

Asphodel blushed at Kili's compliment, and her red hair did shimmer in the sun. "Oh, we've all contributed," she said. She glanced at the furniture he was working on. "Is that your repair work?" she asked. "It turned out beautifully." She grabbed his hand. It was noticed that she was a lot happier person when Roy wasn't around, she was carefree and cheerful, always wearing a smile, but when Roy was in earshot or in sight, she was shy and timid, as she was when one first met her. "Come," she pulled him to the field and the two successfully hauled the sow into the pig pen. Asphodel checked the sow, "she's getting close," she said. "Probably why she was so easy to catch." At that moment, a small drip fell on Asphodel's face. She looked up to see clouds forming over head. Thunder crashed and the little hobbit gasped.

Meanwhile, Fili hurried to get all their tools inside and came into the house, seeing Thorin, Dwalin, and Balin. "I think we are in for a storm," he said. "Unusual weather for how hot it's been (Fili isn't used to tropical climates). I wonder what's happening?"

Thorin nodded, "best we get inside," he said. Balin was concerned about Alicia, "did the human lass return from the prairie yet?" he asked. "I don't want her to get caught up in the storm."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:29 pm

Brenna scoffed. "Oh, so putting your nappies on is a task for me too and not just your mother? You know how to cut at least don't you? Go and pick something from the human clothes and cut them to your size. Then if you ask nicely boy, I MIGHT be willing to hem it up for ya. But don't go thinking that one person can only do that one job for everyone else!"

Kili learned sideways. "Really? How do you know she's close? What do we do when she delivers?" His eyes went adorably wide. " Oh I know nothing about baby delivering! What are we supposed to do when, when they decide to come out?" Kili asked Asphodel in a fake panic. Although he was actually curious about what they were supposed to do. He saw her look at the sky then and he followed her gaze. " Oh, those are some rather dark clouds... let's pen her up for now, she's got a descent shelter, and we ought to do the same for the eve." He helped secure the sow, and offers this hand to Asphodel again.
Dwalin glared outside, swearing up and down he saw some opossum or racoon trying to get inside. "No. Shoo."he kicked the door lightly to scare it off. " go find your burrow."

Alicia had not yet returned from the praise. She was used to thus type of weather though. She grinned up at the sky. "Hahaha! Looks like good sleeping weather! Or scary story time!" Then the rain started pouring. "Was and now I should head back to the house." Alicia turned to the hyena. "See ya later." The hyena was apparently accustomed to this weather too, as he seemed unbothered by it. Alicia was not aware of the other pair of eyes watching her. "Guess I will have to get some extra clothes too, since I might be soaked by the time I get back."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:44 pm

Roy scoffed, "you know I don't think I want you near Asphodel," he said. "You might try to influence her with these... wild ideas that she shouldn't know her place!" With that, he stormed away.

Fili saw some of the commotions as he came outside to arrange some of the rain buckets Dwalin had put up. He came over to Brenna, "what was that about?" he asked.

Asphodel jumped and let out a small yelp at the sound of the thunder as she and Kili ran for the shelter of the house. She clutched Kili's hand as they came in, drenched. But Asphodel's heart stopped when she saw Roy come in after them. "Asphodel! where is dinner!" he demanded. His eyes went down to see Asphodel clutching Kili's hand and his face went red with rage. "I'll need to speak with you later, my dear," he said, his voice low. Asphodel swallowed as she hurried over to the kitchen, as the rain poured, and obediently started cutting and chopping vegetables.

Thorin looked around at Balin's request, "I don't see the human," he said. "Kili, do we have enough wood for the eve?"

Zaylara was caught in the storm and as the rain poured down she ran out of her hiding place, out onto the prairie, trying to escape the sudden downpour. The rain and wind made it hard to see and she nearly collided right into Alicia.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Brenna scowled. " I might be is it what she needs than a tyrant like your self!" Brenna said as she followed him out.
Kili gently let go of Asphodel's hand, hoping it might ease the tension but when he heard Roy yelling at her like that, he wanted to scoop her back up in his arms. 'She has been working all day. You cannot expect hee to so everything." Kili couldn't help but speak up.

Alicia yelped at seeing another person. She jumped back and failed to get away before refocusing back on the assailant. Alicia wiped the rain from her eyes and stared in wonder. "Uh oh. Hey, you alright?" Alicia snapped back and held out her hands. This woman was perhaps the most pale lady Alicia had ever seen! Like she glowed in the dark!
Dwalin turned. "The human mist still be out there."
Dwalin balked as a mouse came scurrying in. He stomped dat it to scare it off.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:29 pm

Alicia looked at this odd woman in concern. Did she just knocknthis other lady unconscious? Was she a member of the old town?. "Miss? You need help?" Alicia wasn't sure if it was a good idea to bring her, but it would be worse still to leave her. The rain did not bother Alicia, but it was still smart to keep moving.
Kili scowled at Roy. " You really must stop treating he rlike your personal slave. Do you even truly love her?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:33 pm

Fili watched the confrontation and came over to Brenna, "did that fool just try to order you around?"

Roy glared at Kili. Kili was much taller than Roy but the Hobbit refused to be intimidated by him, "stay away from her, dwarf, she is mine," he warned. "Don't think I don't see the way you look at her."

Asphodel got busy with cooking dinner while the rain poured outside.

Balin watched his brother brush away the mouse and came over to help just as another racoon tried to break in, "I suspect these creatures made homes out of the abandoned houses. But they have new residences now."

Thorin started in on the fire in the fireplace. He watched Roy and Kili out of the corner of his eye. He didn't like the way that Hobbit spoke to his nephew.

Zaylara was knocked off of her feet from the impact but quickly got up. "I... I'm sorry," she said as she stood there, getting drenched by the rain. "I was trying to get out of the rain, I didn't see you."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:59 pm

Brenna glowered at the back of Roy's head. " Yes. The fool did. And now he doing the same on his so called betrothed again. And even Kili." Brenna rolled up one of her sleeves, ready to land a fist on Roy's face.
Kili frowned at Roy, shifting on his feet. It wasn't his place to speak of marital affairs between older folks which technically Roy was if he's already betrothed. " I wish you would look at her the same. You look at her and wonder why she stopped working. I look at her and wonder why she isn't happy. "
Alicia smiled at the other woman, offering her hand and hoisting her up. "It's alright. No harm done. My friends and I, we made a home out of one of the old houses. You can come to dry off there. " Alicia offered. She was not completely sure if they'd allow her to stay, but surely they wouldn't turn her away either in the storm. Alicia smiled as the wind picked up. This was fun weather to her. " Come on. Let's head back quickly!" Alicia said jovially as she escorted the new lady. " what's your name by the way? I am Alicia." The islander really never gave away her last name unless to people she did feel more trusting towards. Just a thing she developed over the years.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:00 pm

Dwalin's nostrils flared as he saw a very bold deer try to come in. "Ok! Out out! Go take the barn!"
Then from the ceiling flee in small barn birds. " No no no! Mahal they better not drop any surprised on us."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:26 pm

Fili glared across the room, "that Hobbit dare speaks to my brother that way..." he muttered to Brenna. I have just about had it with him."

Asphodel silently finished the meal and passed out bowls to everyone. Then she took her place in the corner, silently.

Roy scoffed, "she is mine to treat how I will and I'll thank you stay out of it, Dwarf," he said. "Besides she's happy enough as it is." With that, he stormed over. "Asphodel, I need to speak with you," he said, grabbing her arm and steering her into one of the bedrooms. She felt a flush of embarrassment as he rushed her inside. Roy tried to close the door all the way but it came open just slightly, allowing any eavesdroppers a look.

Roy shoved Asphodel against the wall and got into her face. "What makes you think you can carry on with that dwarf?" he demanded. "Did you not make a promise to me?" "I didn't," Asphodel protested. "My father did. And he isn't here now-" she was cut off and let out a yelp when Roy struck her hard across the face, causing her face to fly back and leaving a nasty red mark. "How dare you speak to me that way! I don't like the influence these other women have on you! Learn your place! If I catch you with him again, you will get more than a slap across the face!"

Balin helped Dwalin drive off animal after animal.

"Zaylara!" Zaylara shouted out as the howling wind made it hard to hear as they started running through the village towards the house. "Zaylara Myrrh!"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:41 pm

Kili watched Asphodel go. It was like someone was ripping off a limb from him. Or maybe he was being dramatic, but he didn't like it, it made his own heart crush. He knew he shouldn't, but his body seemed to move of it's own accord. Kili stalked quietly to their bedroom door. He peered through a small crack in it, watching he two hobbits. Then suddenly. 'slap'. Kili felt his heart freeze over. He kicked open the door then, unable to stop himself. " You dare?!" he yelled. " Women are our equals not our slaves! They carried us from birth and could easily have aborted us any time they feel!" Kili felt his own eyes sting with tears. He shoved his body between Roy and Asphodel. " Milady. leave please. Go to Brenna and my brother." he said to Asphodel, glaring at Roy like he was a monster.

Alicia smiled at Zaylara. She grabbed her hand to help steady each other in the wind. both of them were skinny girls after all and could probably be blown away. " Up ahead is our house!" Alicia hollered back. She had to squint her eyes, but it looked like it was alive with weird shadows darting about. what's happening? she thought as she raced towards the house. Alicia did not know that she and Zaylara will easily be mistaken for more animals trying to break in.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:51 pm

Asphodel was crying when Kili burst in. She gasped, holding her face. She ran out of the room, past everyone else, and up the stairs.

Roy even had the boldness to try to push Kili, "I said stay out of this!" he exclaimed.

Fili stormed over when he saw the scene. "Uncle!" he shouted, "Dwalin!" It was time to put this Hobbit in his place.

Thorin stormed over there too, his intimidatingly heavy gait echoing against the floor boards as he came into the room and glared at Roy, "What seems to be the problem in here, Kili?" he asked, not taking his eyes off of Roy.

Balin heard Fili call for Thorin and Dwalin, "go on, brother," he said. "I'll take care of the beasts. I'm still waiting up for the human lass."

Zaylara held onto Alicia's hand as they ran and she could see the silhouette of the dwarf in the doorway, using a broom to shoo animals away.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:07 pm

Kili turned to Thorin, wiping his face. He told Thorin what just happened. " He is cruel to her Uncle! He does not care for her well being, only that she does things for her to give him what he selfishly wants!"

Brenna saw Asphodel run by. " Asphodel!" She called out her name in concern. She even considered running after her, but maybe she might want her privacy. Brenna was torn. She looked over at Fili though, secretly approving of his willingness to step in for justice.

Alicia came closer with Zaylara in tow, glancing at some of the animals curiously. A rabbit skittered by them. A snake made Alicia veer right, some house cats took off and a couple of deer scattered. "Odd.." Then her eyes fell on Balin, standing in the door way brandishing a broom in his hand as he fended off forest animals. Alicia laughed boisterously as they approached. "Booga booga booga!" Alicia joked to Balin, pretending to be some other creature trying to get in.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:27 pm

Thorin stepped in at that point, using some dwarf intimidation skills. He and Dwalin were both pretty intimidating looking. He shoved Roy onto the bed in the room, "you will not touch that girl or go anywhere near her again," he growled. "And if you ever speak to my nephew in such away again, I will end you."

"She is supposed to obey me!" Roy protested. "I don't know how you dwarves do things, but in the Shire, women obey men."

"No," Fili stepped in. "Our Master Burglar never mentioned that it was okay to force them to obey you. You are cruel and abusive and she doesn't want to be with you."

"Well my father and her father made an arrangement," Roy said. "She is mine."

"Not anymore," Thorin said. "We are not in the Shire and these are not your lands. I release Asphodel from any obligation to you and if you dare challenge me," looks at Dwalin and tracks his knuckles. "You will be making a very grave mistake."

Balin sighed with relief, "Ah Lass I was beginning to worry," he said. "Come on get out of those clothes." He hurried them both inside and looked Zaylara over.

Zaylara looked around the house. She and Alicia were sopping wet, but the house was warm and dry. "You built this yourself?" she asked.

At that moment, everyone heard Asphodel's sudden shrill scream from upstairs.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:28 am

Kili jolted from his thoughts at the sound of a shrill scream. He got up suddenly. "Asphodel!" Kili cried out in panic.
Brennan snatched up her harpoon, not saying a word and just bolted upstairs.
Dwalin swirled around defensive. "What's happening now?!" He exclaimed as He thundered out the bedroom.
Alicia looked upwards to the ceiling. "Zaylara, I'll be right back. Warm up by the fire in the mean time." Alicia said directing her to the blazing fire. She followed the others upstairs.

The sight that greeted them was a very morbid surprise. In shambles on the bed we're bones, human bones No Doubt that must have been long to the previous owners of this home. It was a sad sight to Alicia.
THE gnome tapped the dwarf Warrior on his forearm motioning to the poor Asphodel. Dwalin got the message and without asking he scooped the little lass up in his arms and blocked her view from the sad sight. " enough of this now lass. Let's go back downstairs now." Dwalin carried Asphodel past Kiki who had stormed up. He saw her bright green eyes wide with, horror. "What is it?" He said then his eyes too fell on what everyone was staring at. "Mahal..." he breathed out. "How did this happen?"
"We don't know yet boyo." Brenna shook her head in both disgust and sorrow.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:16 am

Balin had managed to shoo the animals away long enough to shut the door, and hurried over to the new lass, "ah, let's get you warm," he said. He helped Zaylara, giving her some clothes which she went into the other bedroom to change in, then he draped a blanket over her and sat her down by the fireplace. "There now" she was milky white, almost as if albino but perhaps even whiter than that. But her stark black hair and the pink blush of her cheeks and lips stood out against her white skin.

Thorin came up with Dwalin. They found Asphodel standing in the middle of the room, shaking like a leaf. Her eyes were red from having been crying, but now they were also wide with fear. Thorin sighed. "I want to know how this person died," he said. "I wish we had someone with knowledge of medicine who could tell us. We must know how they died so we can avoid their fate. For now, we should clear these rooms of remains."

Fili followed Kili up as well and felt surprised and sickened by the sight. "They died in their sleep," he speculated out loud. "Or perhaps of disease. If they were attacked, it doesn't make sense that they would be here laying in their beds."

Asphodel went downstairs and hurried into the other bedroom, the one that did not have Roy in it. She sat on the bed and shook, trying to gather what had happened and what she had seen. The little Hobbit had never seen death before, at least not like this. Her mother had died in childbirth and she had heard of others getting sick, and of course, she had seen animals die, but this was not something she'd ever encountered before. She curled up in a ball, hugging her knees against her chest and just lay on the bed, crying softly. She worried what Roy would do about this intervention he had received, and if she were truly free now. She felt hopeful.

Roy stayed in the other bedroom, for now, shaking with rage. He had heard Asphodel scream but didn't particularly care. Serves her right, he thought. But he dare not make a move with those dwarves out there.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum