A brand new day

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A brand new day

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:06 pm

Dwalin walked around the house. " I should have gone with them." he grumbled. but at least this was really only the worst of it. they had plenty of wares stocked that they could rest a few days. He walked over to a window after hearing some odd bark/laughing sounds. and then a creature with huge teeth showed up. "Agh!" he flinched back before the creature could attack his face with it's slobbery tongue. " mutant laughing dog with it's round ears looking at him curiously. He jumped back from the window. peeking back at it. " go. go. SHoo!" he of course, did not know what a hyena was. The hyena, being a scavenger and accustomed to people, understood the no welcome sounds and left as swiftly as he came.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:01 pm

Thorin hoisted Fili and carried him into one of the spare rooms, with the help of Dwalin, of course. Thorin remembered a time when he could carry both his nephews in his arms. He thought about that and realized that with no way back to Middle Earth, it was unlikely that Fili and Kili would ever see their mother again. But Thorin was glad for Balin and Dwalin being there, after all, the two of them had helped him and Dis raise them after their father died and were just as much a part of their lives as he was.

Balin came over to the window as well and looked at Dwalin, "what is that!" he gasped.

Zaylara came over to Alicia, "thanks," she said. "It's the first time I was able to heal others without fear of being caught. I think I've done all I can for them now, Fili needs to get over his fever and he must rest until the threat of pneumonia has passed and Asphodel is recovering from snake venom, she's in a lot of pain and the threat of infection is very real. And for you too, you should recover from your wounds."

Fili looked up at Brenna as he lay in bed, shivering and coughing. "I guess I wasn't able to show off my prowess as a warrior," he said, gasping after a cough.

Asphodel slept as soon as she was taken to the other room. She slept a few hours and woke up to darkness and quiet. She didn't know where she was right away, she couldn't think clearly. She moved and gasped out at the pain in her leg. She felt disoriented and tried to clear the fog in her mind. Panic gripped her when she didn't see any other signs of life. "Kili..." she called out into the darkness. "Are you here?" she thought she saw a soft light on the nightstand, perhaps a candle, but she wasn't sure. She listened to the night animals. She felt numb inside, she didn't realize it was actually the effects of the anti venom Zaylara had given her, and she swallowed. "I must be dying... can't seem to think straight..."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:13 pm

Brenna shooknher head and patted Filibon the shoulder, remembering not to get too close in case he might be contagious."Don't worry about that. I know you're a fine warrior." She smiled to him. "Now take your rest. Zaylara will not want me to be in here for long in case I get sick too."

Kili jumped up, he shook his head. "No, No Asphodel
You're not dying. It hurts, but you're not dying from it. Heh, you can't. You're a strong hobbit lass. You'd have to be to put up with, THAT hobbit. So please don't talk like that."

"He's NOT for eating!" Alicia sprang up. "That's a hyena. They're scavengers and friendly so long as you're friendly with them of course. I haven't decided on Eddie or Chicko." She grinned firefly at them. "It's okay. They got a bite that can bite through bone, and scary looking but he's friendly really." She said coming to the window too. She was tempted to even go out to play with him, but thought better of it. (Her abilities were starting to wake up more, as a subtle warm energy had begun to flow from her. It was soothing and subtly replenishing to those either in contact or standing close to her).
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:43 pm

Balin felt a little calmer when Alicia came to the window. He couldn't quite put his finger on why he'd begun to feel calmer and more relaxed. "SO many strange creatures on this planet," he said. He glanced towards Thorin who sat on the couch looking worried and preoccupied. "Fili will be alright," he said. "And Kili." He smirked thinking fondly about the two princes. "The lad has been ill before, he's survived. Besides, I couldn't imagine that fate could be so cruel as to take either of them from us. The world would be a much dimmer place without the lads in them." "He'll be okay for now," Thorin said. "But what else could be out there? What else could be in this world to endanger them? Not that I feel the dragon sickness leaving me, it's replaced by concern for my sister-sons. I wonder if I was foolish to have brought them on this quest, to begin with."

Zaylara came over to stand with Alicia at the window and she too felt a little calmer. "You enjoy animals, then?" she said with a soft smile. "And the dwarves are intent on eating them? We'll have to keep an eye on them, that is for certain."

Fili coughed and coughed nodded, "go then," he said. "I wouldn't want you to get sick either. What ever this is, it's not very pleasant. I feel as though a troll is sitting on my chest."

Asphodel felt reassured by Kili's words. She reached out for him, needing him close. In her pain and disorientation, she felt she could focus on him. As she lay there, she began to think of her current situation, how she had come to it, and where was it leading to? She used to be an innocent, frightened little hobbit in a miserable situation with Roy and now she was on a deserted island where she depended on others and others depended on her. And she could not dismiss the feelings she got from this dwarf either. He was so kind and gentle with her, reassuring her, and staying close. She thought maybe she should be cautious with her feelings, and her heart, but she also began to realize it may be far too late for that. "Am I truly free of Roy?" she asked. "We haven't really seen him since he was sent away... am I free to follow my own heart now?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:32 pm

Alicia meandered back to her couch to plop back down. Where she was from, ther ewre hyenas and giraffes, but guess not where Balin and Dwalin were from. She wondered what kind of creatures did they have at their home. Same with Zaylara, what was her home like? she imagined a pale, pearl toned castle illuminated in the twilight sky. Pale creatures like elegant flying eels flowing in the breeze. The islander smiled to her. " I do. I have always loved animals. And eating some of them too." She confessed. she put her hands to her face in a funny dramatic pose. " oh nooo, not my hyena and my giraffes!" she sent a fake glare at Dwalin and Balin. "Not cool Bros. Eat the fish we brought." She smiled at Zayalara. " Man we gonna have to stop them and make sure there's meat around the house. Heh heh. How about you? Do you have any favorites or favorite dishes you might like?"

Dwalin snorted in light hearted bemusement at the two girls until his eyes fell to Thorin too. He
jerked his head in full agreement with Balin as he listened to Thorin. " He is right my king. This world is different, but it will not be anything we cannot handle. They'll recover from this sickness, all of them, and as we learn more about his planet we will also learn how to defend ourselves from it and how to work with it. Just as we always have."

Brenna pursed her lips. " I know it hurts. It's my fault for even letting you come out with me and not keeping a closer eye on you. The river was wilder than I predicted and I'm sorry for it. Try not to do anything too laborious while you're trying to shake off this sickness." She saw herself out, but through out the day, right behind Zaylara, Brenna would come to se Fili. " is there anything more we can do to ease his ailment?" she asked the healer.

Kili fixed the flat pillow behind Asphodel's head. " You are free to follow your own heart yes. And everyone here can agree and support it. As for Roy. You are free from his authority yes. But I would not put it past him to hold a grudge or try again in taking you back somehow. Not that he'll likely succeed. Not with a team like us at your side too. I know you got frustrated with Brenna's teachings, but I do encourage you to keep at it. Trust me it gets easier as you go along. It's just, well. This world is still so unpredictable, even by Middle earth's standards. what if you get in a bind before I get there to help? it would just be good that you defend yourself until someone does gets there is all." he threw up his hands real quick. "Not that I'm pressuring you! No no you can make your own choice. I'm just, uh ,well, concerned is all." he said with a light blush to his cheeks. " I couldn't help against a snake bite." he said ducking his head. " But I do intend to be there, faster than a snake in the future."

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Zaylara thought before she answered, "well as a vampire, my diet is mainly blood and organs," she explained. "But you'd be surprised all the dishes you can make with just a simple ingredient as blood. Most vampires feed on other sentient beings like humans and elves, but I refuse so I must get my nutrients from animal blood. I think my favorite is deer. Often times, I can take what I need without having to kill the animal."

Thorin decided it was time for the older ones to care for the younger ones of the house, so he and Balin got up from the couch and started a fire in the fireplace then began to work on dinner. They motioned for Dwalin to help.

Fili shook his head. "You are not at fault in any way for this, Milady," he insisted. "I make my own choices and I chose to join all of your today. I have faced battles, I shall endure this too. And when I recover, I will happily accompany you to the river again, or where ever you wish."

Asphodel looked at Kili, with a serious look in her eyes, "I do want to learn to defend myself," she said. "I wasn't just frustrated before, I was also afraid. Roy did not permit me to learn about the world and he certainly would not want me to learn to defend myself... especially from him." she swallowed. "He has a violent temper, that was not the first time he struck me, and he's done much worse. Other Hobbits would be abhorred to learn the things he's done so warned... if I ever told, he would make sure I never lived to regret my mistake. I'm afraid, Kili. I'm afraid he'll find a way to make good on his threats and..." she looked him in the eye, her big green eyes dim in the darkness, "I fear he'd hurt you too..." she thought about what was quickly forming between them, the feelings were getting too strong to ignore. Maybe it was time to speak them aloud. "Kili... do you see the way the others look at us? As if they know something about us..."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:10 am

"Really?" Alicia was rather intrigued by that. " Maybe one day you and I can make some of those dishes for everyone here. I'm sure they might love it too." She grinned deviously, snickering at the new prank of an idea. " Oh, but how often do you need to get some?" she asked Zaylara in case they might have to go get some.

Dwalinstopped and stared at Zaylara. A vampire. A real one but not like those of the first age in Middle Earth, as those were giant bats. litterally. But she prayed on animals and seemed a good person all around, so he didn't feel all too uncomfortable. Thorin called him over and he decied to go and help his brother and cousin. he grinned a litle. " aye. Let's make a proper dwarven meal." He got the stove lit up and the counters cleaned off. He was n't most skilled of chefs there out of al the dwarves there. BUt he could help with everything else.

Brenna flashed Fli a smile still. " Your kin are starting up a dinner. I'll bring some to you."

Kili was smmiling at Asphodel the whole time until she had mentioned others watching them. " How do you mean? They probably know we are getting close. Not a complaint to me." he grinned
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:38 am

Zaylara sighed, "I don't need to eat as often as humans do but... I'm afraid I haven't eaten in a few days. People tend to be put off by the fact that I drink blood, even if it's just animals... so I try not to do it around others."

While Thorin, Balin, and Dwalin were cooking, a knock came to the door. Thorin looked up, "is that Roy back again?" Balin sighed and went over to open the door. There, standing in the door way was a tall hooded figure. "Can I help you?" Balin asked. THe figure merely brushed past Balin and into the house, taking off his hooded cowl, revealing his pointed ears, charcoal skin, and white hair. "Ah, greetings," he said in a dark, menacing voice. "The name is Laniholn. I rule the colony across the river." He gazed around the room. His eyes fell on Zaylara who looked at him with equal familiarity.

"A dark elf..." Zaylara gasped as she was the only one in the group at the moment that was from Faerun and would know what a drow was.

Laniholn ignored her. "I wanted to warn you of a danger," he said. "A renegade of our village is on the lose. His name is Drizzt Do'Urdon. He is very dangerous, if you find him, you should kill him on sight. Bring me his head and I will reward you."

Thorin glared from the kitchen. He wasn't inclined to trust anyone who was elf like, no matter how strange their appearance. But as king, he supposed, he was in charge of the household, at least in charge of th dwarves among them, so he stepped forward, "We will decide for ourselves what to do with this renegade," he said, not intimidated by the drow's threatening posture. "We will let you know when we find him."

Laniholn glowered down at the dwarf, "you are just one small house," he said. "You would do well not to make an enemy of me. I could see you all join this village's past inhabitants very soon. You would do well not to make an enemy of me."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:47 am

Fili lay in the bedroom, listening to the commotion outside, "Brenna?" he called, "who was at the door?"

Asphodel locked eyes with Kili, though she remained where she lay with her leg elevated. She continued to look at him with her big doe like green eyes, "perhaps they know something we have not admitted to one another yet," she suggested her voice low. "I know I am still reeling from what I went through with Roy but... as I said before, I never loved him..."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:29 pm

Brenna scowled at the intruder, that was exactly what he was. " Hmph. No one comes into someones home without bringing trouble themselves. I don't care what he might say about that renegade, he is just as bad." SHe didn't like him one bit. " I say we don't tell him anything. I say we even fix up this home to keep scoundrels like that out of here. Point-eared, self promoting, pompous show-off." she grumbled as she went to tell Fili what had happened. " He's an elf, light or dark, but definetely someone to not take lightly."
Alicia was uneasy about this new guy. she actually agreed with Brenna as the gnome went marching back to Fili's room. In her uneasy feeling, the comforting aura had stopped. " How do we stop a dark elf exactly?" she asked.
"We shoot him. Elves, no matter how they look or sound, are not god-like. A sharp arrow through their chests ought to do the trick." Kili said from Asphodel's doorway. He went back to her side when the danger had passed. Kili smiled a lopsided smile to her. " Well, if I were to guess, it might be the same thing I've been thinking..." Kili paused a moment and sat down at the edge of the bed. " I like you, a lot. Like really like you. So much that I love spending time with you and have even dreamed of putting a braid in your hair that, in my culture, signifies as you and I being an offical couple. You're free of course to say no, but, I'm going to ask anyway. Asphodel, will you give me the honor of courting you?"

Dwalin leered at the odd looking elf the whole time he was here. " As far as I'm concerned, him and the lad he spoke of are both trouble. He turned back to Balin and Thorin. " and if he's got a colony set up, who knows how strong they are. We might not have what it takes to defend ourselves from them yet."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:04 pm

After Laniholn left, Zaylara sighed, "he may seem elf like but... he is a Drow. A dark elf. He comes from my world... the Drow are very evil. They live underground so to see one on the surface is rare, but if he has a colony, as he says, we must be very careful. Mostly, they are a female dominated society who worship the Spider Queen Lolth and their priestesses are very powerful. We must do what we can to not oppose them."

Thorin growled, "I will not let some pointy eared elf intimidate me," he said. He glanced toward Kili in the doorway and nodded. "At least my nephew speaks some sense, they should all meet with my sword." Thorin was thinking of Thranduil at that point, still, not over the hatred, he had for the elf-king.

Balin, always the sensible one, held up a hand towards Thorin and Dwalin, "I doubt shooting him down will get us anywhere except dead," he said. "As Dwalin says, who knows how many there are of them and most of us are not warriors. We should certainly be on the lookout for this renegade, but we should not shoot him dead as that dark elf suggested, perhaps we should capture and interrogate him."

Fili groaned when Brenna told him. "Elves..." he mumbled, "I didn't think we'd see any in this land."

Asphodel smiled and nodded. "I like you too..." she admitted. "And yes... I would like it we became courters." Asphodel smirked as she thought of her own culture. "But I have to admit... I have never felt this way so I am quite new to the feeling, and I quite like it. In my culture, animals and plants are sacred as we are a farming people who like to see things grow. Often times, lovers show their affection by giving animals and plants to one another. And by planting something together, something that could symbolize their hope that their fondness for one another being long lasting. Like a tree."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:45 pm

Brenna harumphed. " Dark elf indeed. If they are matriarch led society why then is he a ruler? or perhaps just some spokesman." She took a plate of dinner the others had made and went back to serve Fili his share.

Kili smiled. He felt as if his heart swelled too big for his chest. He plucked out one of his old beads. " This one shall have to do until I get the chance to make you one." he scooted closer to her. " If I may?" he asked before taking some of her beautiful red hair to start a braid. " Hmm, well, looks like we might have been well under way then. heh heh, since we grabbed alll those animals for our litle farm. You know more about the proper farm gifts than I do. I might just be best at forging some new farming tools. Let's see, planting something together... what kind of tree do you have in mind? In my culture, courting starts first with the bead.Then throughout their time of courting, and various gifts are traded." Kili explained.
Dwalin was on edge the whole time. He was in full on Gaurdcaptain mode, checking every corner and crevice for possible weaknesses that will allow threats to come in faster." No damn elf is going to pull such a fast one on me." he grumbled
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:50 pm

Legolas quietly walked through the woods, bow in hand. he had been talking to some of the animals and the trees, tryign to get a better sense of whre he was and why in the name of the valar was he here? He was fortunate enough to have made a few friends with the deer or the birds and they showed him where things like berries, fruits and animals that posed threats to the others were. He sighed to himself. First a big battle, and now this. His life was suddenly much more, active, than it had been in years.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:11 pm

In the living area/kitchen area
Zaylara shrugged at Brenna's question, "perhaps there are no females in his colonies? Or not enough to keep proper control? Dark Elves are mostly quite evil so any weakness would be taken advantage of almost immediately."

Thorin growled as he helped Dwalin, "I don't want a single, dark or no, to get into this house!" he proclaimed.

Balin sighed and came over to sit with Alicia, "there is little that can get our king and my brother into a frenzy like the pointy ears."

Downstairs first bedroom
Fili coughed as he sat up and took the stew Brenna brought him, "my uncle made this?" he asked as he motioned for her to sit on the chair in the room. "It's very good. Are you troubled by the dark elf's appearance? because they are a matriarchal society such as yours?"

Downstairs second bedroom
Asphodel winced as she sat up in bed, her leg protesting against the movement. She turned to Kili and let him take her brilliant red curly hair. She giggled, "you'll have trouble managing my untamed curly hair." She thought as she watched him concentrate. "Perhaps a fruit tree," she suggested, "something that will benefit everyone." She reached out then and caught his hand him hers and squeezed it lovingly.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:21 pm

In the woods
Drizzt tried to lie low. It had been many days since he had broken free of the colony and so far, he didn't think he was being pursued. It had only been a few weeks since he came to the surface after escaping the Underdark when he had somehow been transported to this planet and had been surprised to find the Drow colony living above the surface. But Laniholn was just as cruel as any other drow from Menzoberranzan and he had to escape them too.

Drizzt gazed around the woods. He was still getting used to life on the surface. He tried out a few berries, finding they weren't quite to his liking, as drow had mostly a carnivorous diet due to the fact that little other than fungus and mosses grew in the Underdark.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:31 pm

The living area
Brena mulled it over. Zaylara's answers was just as logical as any she might come up with. " In that case..." she stood up and scuddled over to help Dwalin and Thorin. " I don't want a single dark elf in this house either! No ma'am! They can stay far on the other side of the river for all I care! them and their renegades." SHe said as she helped.

Alicia watched everyone's activities solemnly. SHe had hoped nothing like this would happen, and they'd not have to be on their toes so bad while they stay here. SHe truly didn't like how evil they sounded, and, if she were honest with herself, Alicia was not above poisoning and playing dirty just to stay alive. In her mind, there was no such thing as dirty play when fighting for your life. The islander might keep that part to herself though and hoped she never have to act on it. "The pointy ears...real elves huh?" In her dark thoughts, the opposite of calm energy came from her. This energy was dark and almost sharp edged knife grazing the skin feeling. "If Thorin has time, maybe he might be able to forge a new set of the double broad sword? That is the weapon I am most trained in myself." She smiled at Balin and patted him on the shoulder. " They are fortunate to have someone who thinks things over like yourself." SHe wanted to always be able to say somethign encouraging to all her friends. " Right now, I don't think they're wrong to go the extra mile like this."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Downstairs first bedroom
Brenna helped with their reinforcements as much as she could and came back to tcheck on Fili after he was done eating. " Why do you say ot like that?" she asked the young prince with a hint of bemusement. " Is he often a bad cook?"
She sat in a chair next to him. " and yes. Actuallly you're quite right. In my culture, women took over becuase we were the just ones. we had level heads on our shoulders and do not so quickly jumped to war unless it's a last resort. And now, I come to find out there are elves, ELVES, of all creatures, with women as their rulers becuase they are more dastardly." Brenna sighde and took a bight of her own meal. " MM. I don't think it's so bad."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:45 am

Living area
Balin looked around the room, "no sense in all the long faces," he said to everyone, "the dark elves are here and they aren't going anywhere. The lass here is right, everyone should brush up on their warrior skills. And Dwalin here taught the lads to fight so I'm sure he'll be happy to train anyone who needs training."

downstairs first bedroom
Fili smirked, "well my uncle is a good cook but its been awhile since he's had the time," he said. "Being king is a demanding job after all." He studied Brenna for a moment. Her honey blonde hair was woven into intricate braids. "You know, I think you'd look great with a few jewels in your hair," he said. He smirked because he knew Brenna was not typically the courtier type and didn't bother herself with appearances. "Even one who grew up on the icy seas and frozen wastes should feel free to indulge some times. And it's fortunate for you that I can carve stone and jewels."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:02 am

Kili smiled as he determinedly continued to comb through her hair. " Don't you fear. I have the same issue with my own sometimes. I'll be gentle." he said as he precariously separated her hair to form the desired braid. " A fruit tree does sound nice. I like that. maybe we can find a sapling and just move it here? that way we might not have to wait as long for it to start bearing."

In the woods
Legolas tip toed forward, he felt as if some other presence was here, but what he could not place. Utilizing all his skills, he tried to locate exactly what it was. Finally he saw someone with their hood pulled up, sampling some berries. Though he could not place whether this was an evil being or benevolent. He kept his bow hidden for the most part, but his arrow notched between his fingers. " Hail there stranger." he called out from a safe distance. "Are you familiar with these woods?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:19 am

Downstairs second room
Asphodel smiled as she let him do her hair, "I saw lots of fruit and nut trees in the forest when we were coming up from the beach" she said, "We should go pick some fruit sometimes, it would be a nice outing. And yes, we can bring back a sapling."

In the forest
Drizzt turned towards the voice and saw the elf standing by the trees. He kept his hand trained on his scimitar, ready to defend himself. Surface elves tended to have a bad reaction towards seeing a Drow, so it was always good to be on guard. But he swallowed and let down his green hood, showing his white hair and charcoal colored skin. "I am only slightly familiar," he replied. "To the north is a prairie where there lays an abandoned village, I was headed there to seek refuge. To the south in the ocean, in the west the river and to the east and far north, you will reach mountains. I would not recommend crossing the river in the west for the inhabitants there are not kind."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:01 pm

Legolas sighed a little. " Well, that is unfortunate. I am Legolas Greenleef" he greeted. " I supposed the abandoned houses might be our best chance. They might offer better shelter than the ocean. and the mountains are too far." Legoals came only a few feet closer. He unnotched his arrow in a calm manner as a show of friendly demeanor, though he did still keep the arrow in one hand. Legolas finally saw the other's face. " Who... are you?" he asked in a quieter tone. "Are you from the unfriendly colony you mentioned?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:30 pm

Drizzt stood and looked at Legolas, surprised that the elf seemed unfamiliar with his race. Were they still on Faerun? He didn't know. He replied, "I am called Drizzt," he said. "Drizzt Do'Urdon. I did reside with the inhabitants for a time but I was heading to the abandoned village to hide out... I am a dark elf, a Drow. What land do you call home?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:43 pm

Legolas was unsure of what a 'drow' was. he had never heard of such a thing, but dark elves were a little more familiar to him. The most popular one being Eol. BUt, This dark elf was not from Arda and so would have no relation. Though Legolas did wonder if Drizzit was still friendly towards dwarves like Eol was. Legolas nodded a slow head dip towards Drizzit. "To hide out you say? You wish to seek shelter from the unfriendly village across the river then? They must be foul people indeed." Legolas mused. " I fear then that they might even be responsible for the abandoned village, and would know of it's whereabouts." The prince looked to the sky and towards the direction drizzit had indicated for the village. " Our choices run few. If you mean do ill intent to me, then surely no retaliation shall come from me Mellon nin." Legolas quirked a small smile. He was actually very happy to have found some one else to speak with.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:49 pm

Thorin, Dwalin, Brenna, and with extra help from Kili, Zaylara, Alicia and Balin, the house was as much reinforced as it could possibly get in short time.
"I say we forge metal broad bars for the doors and windows for top and bottom floors here." Dwalin said.
"Aye and an extra cache of provisions and the like somewhere off the premises if ever we might need to abandon it." Brenna added.
Thorin walked abut the place, never really satisfied with anything that wasn't completely good dwarvn masonry. or a mountain. But what Dwalin said was quite true. This was the best they could do. He finally ate his own portion of meal with the others. Though he did not mention it, his anger towards elves especially arrogant dark elves, was still brooding under him.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:47 pm

Thorin stretched his muscles after dinner. " I do believe it is time for us all to turn in and begin tomoorw." He had a smalll smile to his kin and friends, proud of them. After that he went fo Fili's room. " Fili." he greeted when his nephew made the greeting to come in. " How are you faring? I heard there was an oliphant on her chest." he said with a hint of mirth in his eyes. " I am happy to see you have befriened the young gnome so well. I wuold even say the two of you are infatuated with each other. She perhapss does not want to admit it yet, but I see it when she looks at you, when she comes in to help take care of you. I will ask the lady Zaylara
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum