A brand new day

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: A brand new day

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:18 pm

(sorry, it broke on me)
"...Zaylara to check on all of us just to be on the safe side." Thorin was a little sorry that his nephew fell ill, but he was also very confidence that he'd make a fine recovery." "Goodnight my nephew." he bade farewell before going to the next room. He knocked and waited for Kili to answer. Thorin dipped his head. " Kili. Lady Asphodel. It puts my worries at ease to se you are faring much better." His eyes caught something at the side of her head. " Is that, Kili's bead?" he said.
"Ah, yes Uncle. We are courting, officially now." Kili explained. " and when she is well, we will pick out a nice fruit tree, as is her custom, to plant here." He looked at Thorin, tense but still defiant. " I hope this does not bother you Uncle." he said politely, but with no room for real argument.
Thorin actually just nodded. " no Kili. It does not. You both have my blessing." he said with the same hint of a smile as before.
Kili actually let out a sigh of relief, and smiled his big grin genuinely. Thorin politely excused himself again and went to turn in for bed.
Dwalin did not have to look at him to know he was there. " Are you certain it is alright? that a prince court a hobbit lass? What if we return home?"
Thorin sighed." We shall cross that bridge when we get there. For now, let them be happy. We need all the reasons we can get to be happy."
Dwalin went silent. " aye." he said finally. He agreed with the needed increase for happiness.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:05 pm

Brenna came in, refilling Fili's water pitcher and serving him his dinner. " Eat up now. You'll need the nourishment to help fight back the sickness after all." She said to him. She noticed how the candle light from the lamp reflected on his hair and skin. Almost like he was made of gold himself. Brenna looked away to refill the water. " Your kin and I are going to keep reinforcing this house, as well as prepare for the worst tomorrow. You on the other hand, best rest up and take it easy until you are able to join us, you hear me boyo?" she said to him, pushing his shoulder back down when he tried to move too fast.
"You sleep well now tonight. I'll get your breakfast in the morn too." Brenna said with a humorous smile before she left the room for the evening after a small goodnight and returned to her own bed. out of the corner of her eyes she saw shadows on the wall, unfamiliar shadows, but when she loked for more than a second, they vanished, as if people had run by faster than she could blnk. " what...was that?" she frowned. Looking at the others who were on the other side of the house, there was no way they could have been responsible for those shadows. And also, why was it so cold all of a sudden, an unnatural cold? The gnome could only shake her head and keep going.

Alicia sat with Zaylara as they ate. She didn't like the tension still lingering in the air either. So she tried to think of ways to alleviate it. Asphodel and Fili were doing good at least. She smiled to the vampire. " You know what would make a good prank? Is if we make one of those bloody meals you mentioned and have everyone try it." she snickered.
Zayalara looked surprised. " Oh dear. I hope it doesn't make anyone gag will it? You think They'll actually eat it?"
"The dwarves, definetely, and if we dare Brenna she'll do it. Only one who might think it's too gross might be Asphodel, and of course we'll have normal food available, but you know, it'd be a funny prank and it might lighten up the spirits around here."
The vampire started to smile. " Alright. We can try it then."
Alicia nodded then another idea came to mind. " Oh! Games. I think I'm going to make board games tomorrow."
"Oh, now there's an idea too." Zaylara smiled more.
Alicia grinned back. then she turned her mischievous grin outwards to the others, thinking of how else to prank them in the morning. She decided she'd tie a cute teddy bear bow around Dwalin when he wakes up. Then for Thorin and Balin, she'd switch their coats for starters at night. And then she will get some wildflowers, and put them by Thorin and Balin's pillow, so when they wake up, they wake up smelling like flowers for a little bit. For Brenna she might put a fake squirrel in her bed to see if she shrieks. Alicia smiled to herself, and bade goodnight with Zaylara, Brenna and Thorin. The islander side hugged Zaylara in a friendly hug. " Goodnight my friend. You've been an amazing help to us all."
Zayalara grinned in humility. " Thank you Alicia. I appreciate that."
Alicia went to Brenna to hug or fist bump her. " You try to pick me up human and I'll pin you up on the wall! Brenna mock threatened.
Alicia slapped her knees. " come at me then!" She mock challenged with a smile.
Alicia waved to Thorin who was still in the kitchen washing his last cup. " Goodnight Thorin. Your dinner was amazing."
"I thank you." Thorin replied.
SHe went up to dwalin holding out her fist. Dwalin looked at her with confusion. "Fist bump."
"Fist bump? for what?" The dwarf asked.
"Well, unless you like goodnight hugs instead of goodnight fist bumps..." she grinned at him.
Dwalin raised his own fist hesitantly.
SHe pressed her knuckles to his, and made an explosion sound. "Good night Dwaleeeeen."
The warrior groaned. "Mahal I got another one. As if the princes weren't enough."
She went up to Balin next. "Fist bump or hug?" she asked him jokingly. "You and Brenna are right. We shouldn't get so shaken up so easily. Still, the distraction might have been good yes?" she hinted to Thorin's gold sickness.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:50 pm

In the Forest
Drizzt nodded, "the dark elves are of my own kin, but I turned from their evil ways long ago." He explained. "And yes, they are quite evil. Torture and torment bring them pleasure. They are cunning and deceptive." He walked along with the elf, happy to have someone who did not know of him or his kind well enough to fear him.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:00 pm

In Fili's room*
Fili smiled at his uncle and coughed a little, "I fee stronger today," he said. He thought of Brenna, "I like her spirit," he said. "It is rare to have met a maiden as independent and strong willed as she. though I do get a slight enjoyment out of getting a rise out of her." He smirked. He liked to tease Brenna. He didn't mean anything malicious by his chides and jives, but rather, he enjoyed her bold tongue. He knew full well she could handle her own.

Fili felt better about the tension that had existed between him and Thorin. He could see his uncle's effort in caring for him and Kili and it made him feel better that perhaps the dragon sickness was indeed passing.

Fili smiled when Brenna entered the room after Thorin had left. He caught her eyes roaming over his figure and couldn't help but get in another wise crack at her, "like what you see, milady?" he asked, raising a brow suggestively. He turned serious for a moment, "thank you for taking care of me."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:02 pm

In Kili's room
Asphodel smiled when Thorin gave his blessings and left. "He approves of our courtship," she said, sitting up in bed. "I was concerned. You are a prince... I am not. You are a dwarf and I am not... if we ever return home, what then?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:05 pm

Front room
Balin nodded at Alicia and gave her a sincere hug. "Yes, any distraction is appreciated," he said. "Although I hope that these dark elves are not more than we can handle, Lass."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:08 pm

Legolas frowned. His already sharp features looking all the more angular due to his frown. " that makes my blood run chill just thinking about it. I sincerely hope we don't ever run into them. In fact, I say we make it a point to avoid them as much as possible. " Legolas suggested. " have you eaten anything? I have dried meat I made last night if you wish." Legolas offered as he walked through the valley with drizzit
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:28 pm

Brenna scoffed. " no I don't. It looks like I am staring at a life sized melting candle, all waxy and not even a pleasant fragrance to it." She gruffed out. But when Fili had so genuine I thanked her for caring for him, her defensive shell melted a little bit. " Aye. You're welcome. We ought to all be looking out for each other right now." She had replied before leaving him to sleep
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:38 pm

"'I know it's hard not to think about, for all of us." Alicia replied. Her heart fluttered with happy butterflies. Truth be told she had always been very close with her grandparents. As much as she was growing fond of everybody and especially Balin, she also remembered to keep a check on herself, not wanting to impose on an already distressed family. She also wished that she could say something that might offer a little comfort to the worries that the dark elf had brought, but nothing anybody else had already said was left unsaid. " yes they are formidable and frightening, but in their arrogance and cockiness might be their downfall but in there arrogance and cockiness might be there downfall just like Brenda said oh well placed crossbow bolt or arrow can shut them up for good. " Alicia grinned a devious smile. She was not sure on the fighting code of a dwarf, but to her anything was fair game against somebody deliberately trying to kill you which means she was not opposed to fighting dirty herself.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:15 pm

That night when everyone had gone to bed, heavy snores at going about the place as affirmation of their deep sleep, Alicia snuck from her bed. She laid about her little pranks, harmless and fun. This time she wanted to play nice pranks too. Dwalin had a teddy bear bow tie on him. Thorin and Balin's coats were switched and everyone had various oil fragrances lightly tabbed on various spots of their shirts. (Everyone will wake up smelling lovely for a change.)
And sitting loosely on top the enterences of their shoes this time were some refurbished socks she had worked on earlier in her own shop for everyone. A small 'nice prank,' but hard not to appreciate new socks in this predicament right?
Brenna favorite mug was put at the highest shelf too.
Zaylara and Kilos shoes were switched for the fun of it too. Alicia was now a little jittery about the fun she secretly had and so spent the rest of the time she needed to calm down, using some of the dyes she had to paint a sunrise over the valley on a wooden plaque. This is a good start in adding a little color to this place. She thought. Looking at the large wall on the far side, she wondered if she could paint a mural that captured a little of everyone's home. That would be a lovely portrait of unity wouldn't it? That'll be a plan for later. Finally satisfied, she curled up in her bed to sleep.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am

The next day began with breakfast. Asphodel was in pain from her leg but she was finally able to get out of bed and walk around. Fili too was able to walk around, though he couldn't really contribute to any hard work just yet.

Asphodel came out of her room, limping along with two sticks she was using as crutches so she wouldn't have to put weight on her foot. "I want to check on my sow," she said. "Maybe we'll have some piglets by now."

Fili came out and sat on the couch, coughing into his hands a little. "If we get the upstairs bedrooms cleared out," he said. "we'd have a five bedroom house that would fit all of us. But we should work on clearing out the other houses too. After all, in case our numbers begin to grow."

Balin caught the sniff of a floral fragrance, not really the scent known for a dwarf. He couldn't figure out where it was coming from. But he sat with the others at breakfast time. "You know we have a household of nine so far," he said. "Perhaps we will become something like a family."

Asphodel gasped in delight, "we should have a celebration!" she exclaimed. After all, what hobbit or dwarf could pass up a celebration, "A celebration of culture. We are in the middle of summer here, in the shire, we would be preparing for Midsummer's day."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:30 am

In the forest
Drizzt shook his head, "I'm afraid I have not lived on the surface for long," he said to Legolas, "I'm not sure what animals and plants can be hunted." He shared the dried meat with his new elf friend. "We will reach the village in perhaps an hour or so," he said. "There are plenty of buildings we can seek shelter in."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:19 pm

Legolas didn't catch the odd look he had cast at Drizzit until the driw quirked his own brow. The wood elf looked away finally. "Well. I suppose we can help each other out while we are here then. Most folk make settlements near water. Perhaps we can follow the stream till we get to the abandoned homes"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:25 pm

Thorin grumbled sleepily r3alizing he had the wrong coat on, and switched with Balin. He glanced once at Alicia suspiciously. Hmm, he had the odd inkling that this was going to be like having a second Kili. Just what they needed. He snorted quietly. When Aspohdel suggested that party, he narrowed his eyes sharply. He could tell Dwalin as of the same mind. Dwarves dis not share their culture with outsiders very much,
Dwalin had a skeptical look of his own on his scarred face.
Zaylara was apprehensive, but liked the idea. Kili clapped his brother on the back happy to see him up and he stayed near Asphodel in case she needed help. Brenna grumbled and climbed the counter to get to the top shelf for her cup.
Alicia was very interested in this idea and smiled an encouraging grin to her. This was simething Alicia was really hoping to get at.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:41 pm

"Throw your party as you wish, dwarves do not share their culture so easily with outsiders." Thorin said after breakfast. He grabbed his gloves to go back to forging some extra weapons and reinforcement bars for the house.
Dwalin liked the idea of cleaning up the top floor. "I will help clean up the second floor from the poor sods that died here."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Brenna stared a hard look at thorin' s back. Dwarves. She muttered in her head. She could never tell who was more complex. Them or humans. She shrugged it off, not caring too much about their opinions on parties, and went to find useful items in the other houses she could use as hidden caches.
Kili had a weak smile on his face. "Don't worry. I'm sure they'll come around."
Alicia took a deep inhale and slowly let it out. She resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Look where we are." She growled. There was more to her sarcastic remark, but chose to nite it back. It would not due to cause more tension. She had been trying to reduce the tension and give people something else to tho k about other than, 'what's going to happen to us tomorrow? Who's gonna a try to kill us now?' That was the whole goal of her games and pranks.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:54 pm

Alicia forced a smile at seeing Balin's confused look. He must have caught the floral scent. She thought. " Well, I am going to help with cleaning upstairs. Then if there's time I can start making some board games for us."
Brenna got up too after breakfast. " Aye. I got my work to start too."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:17 pm

Asphodel watched Thorin leave and felt her heart sink a little. She had thought her idea would be met with more enthusiasm than it was. She felt upset, and when she was upset, she often let her impulsive nature get the better of her. She looked at Kili and at Fili, and hoped any other dwarf in earshot heard her, "I did not realize that dwarves were so closed off," she said. "If we are meant to live here, isn't it important to share what we are with one another? I am willing to share my culture but perhaps not with ones who would withhold theirs from me. If you dwarves would rather turn away from anything joyful then I'll leave you alone in your self-imposed misery." With that, she clutched her make shift crutches and hobbled out of the house in anger, heading to check on her sow.

Fili watched Asphodel storm off and sighed at the tension in the room. Leave it to his uncle to ruin any attempt at making a life here. He was inclined to agree with Thorin about sharing dwarf culture, but he wondered how long they would be able to keep up their usual instinct to keep outsiders out of their affairs. After all, five dwarves could hardly be considered a kingdom. And they were being forced to work with other races.

But Fili groaned at his own situation and looked at Kili, "I don't like having to lay here like an invalid while the rest of you work," he said. "Clearing out the upstair rooms will provide us with three new bedrooms. And if our population should grow we will need to clear out the other houses as well."

Balin looked at Alicia, "aye then," he said. "I think I'll make myself useful today and make some leather goods for our use."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:21 pm

Drizzt walked along the river with Legolas. He told Legolas about life in the Underdark as they walked. He started to see the buildings of the village up ahead through the tall grass. "there," he said, "up ahead."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:24 pm

Legolas walked with Drizzit, along him more questions about this dark colony across the river. He then he held up his hand. 'D you hear that?" He said narrowing his eyes. He pointed across the far side of the plain. "Do you see what I see over there?"
FAR off in the distance wet things he could not recognize. Creatures that were not orcs, gangly like goblins but much more formiddable
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:25 pm

They moved and hissed to each other gleefully as they ventured near the giant boulders scattered about.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:06 pm

Alicia had a small smile on her own face to Balin. "Ten four." She said affirming everyone's plan.
Zaylara pursed her lips. "Well, I come from a rather, malevolent culture, so maybe it is a good thing."
Alicia looked at her with a wry look. " You can always start your own. Thing is, that's what we all have been doing ever since we came to this house. We each brought something new to the table. It doesn't matter where we came from, and it hardly matters what's happened before coming here. We get to choose who and what we are now. Asphodel being a prime example of that. And if that means creating a hybrid culture that blends aspects from each of our backgrounds into one, them we can." Alicia said resolutely before going to help clear the second floor
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Legolas looked to Drizzit. " I do not like the look of those creatures. I say we follow them. They look too, ambitious."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:09 pm

Drizzt nodded at Legolas, "I agree," he said as he crouched low in the prairie and followed the creatures, careful about not getting too close.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:11 pm

Asphodel was too upset to check on her sow and hobbled off into the prairie. She wanted to be alone.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum