Roleplay plot thread

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Roleplay plot thread

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:19 pm

I don't want to give up on this rpg, especially because I really like where it's going right now. I've pointed out to kitcat that she can feel free to suggest plots of her own, but she never checks these plot strategy threads which is where we are supposed to be brainstorming at. I don't really like surprises when it comes to plots, especially when working with other writers, I like planning things out first before writing. I have a hard time with spur of the moment things. I'm up for any plots anyone suggests, I'd just like the chance to hammer them all out in here first before we write them. That's why I'm kinda in here talking about how Asphodel's part should play out if she should free herself or not because I wanted to have the opportunity to plan things out. And I mentioned to Kitcat the revolving plot thing too, but this is where she is supposed to present her ideas, not while in play.
And yeah I like the separate house things, that way, I'll still get my dose of Fili and Kili and we'd have the other characters getting an equal share too, that's sort of where I was going with that plan. I don't want to ease away from Fili and Kili at all, I just want to give the others chances. Since Alicia and Shrikrar have their own separate households, it makes sense to combine their plots with Legolas and Aimee. That's why I suggested the forest thing, and something happening there, it would give Alicia, Aimee, Legolas, and SHrikrar a chance to interact with their own piece of the puzzle.
And yeah, don't change the fight from what you've already written, I'm happy to keep Asphodel where she is, I just wanted your input first. Smile
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:21 pm

Yeah, I won't give up on Buffalo Maze, if Kitcat joins, I may just sit back and see how it goes before jumping back in so I can get an idea. ALso, if she has her own rpg idea, she's certainly welcomed to present it here too.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:35 pm

I was not suggesting to put them off to the side forever, I mean to say that once we finish this fight, let them kind of drift to the backstage now and we shall turn the focus on Alicia, shikrar, aimee and legolas. I believe it would be less confusing and easier to keep up with if we allowed other people to come forth a little more, then once we have it all planned out, then we shall have a way to balance all the houses at the same time. Easier for the three of us to keep up with. And Now that I think about it, Kitcat ought to take Fili, Kili, Asphodel or Brenna that way she is more invovled in the rp than the background characters. She is a blind user by the way, so it would be best to have a little patience with her and just practice redundancy in reminding her of your organizations rules. She, like myself, are a little more accustomed to Improv roleplay at the moment. I am a planner too, I like having ideas ahead of time, but I like leaving room to the imagination of the other players, otherwise one might as well write it out themselves. In my opinion.

I feel like so much focus has been put onto your favorite characters that no one is paying much attention to the others. What happened to Shikrar using his magic? Or Alicia discovering her powers? Were those still in the plans?

And on Shikrar, I would like him to grow so fond of Alicia too that he has his own internal battle.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:51 pm

err... I don't know if I want to phase Fili and Kili out to the background since they are my faves, I want to equalize it out, not phase anyone out. We don't have that many characters so it shouldn't be too difficult... and yeah my need to plan comes from my own disability- autism. It's hard for me to handle things I'm not prepared for. I certainly like imagination and improvisation, but I still need plans. I can't really function otherwise. My whole life is one big plan. And also, I do tend to focus on things unnaturally because of my autism so it would be very difficult for me, especially because of Asphodel, in particular, is my star character, just like Aimee is kitcats and Alicia is yours.
I'd be okay with having you give Brenna to Kitcat if you are okay with it, just explain how she's supposed to be played, coming from a female-dominated culture.
And yeah I'm working on SHrikrar in my own way too. I'm developing him on my own. I tend to develop characters slowly as I go. He can have magic abilities, I just have to have time to decide on how that looks in my mind. Yeah, Alicia can discover her own powers too, that would be cool. I don't think there is any reason why all the characters can have parts and no one gets put to the background. We have 10 characters, I play four, you play 4 (unless Kitcat plays Brenna in which case you play 3) and kitcat plays 2, possibly 3.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:55 pm

One other thought I had was... maybe we could have two separate colonies? as in maybe two separate RPG forums? that could be another strategy. Fili, Kili, Asphodel, and Brenna in one, Alicia, Aimee, Legolas, and SHrikrar in another? Balin and Dwalin can go wherever they may be needed.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:10 pm

They wouldn't stay in the background. Just for a short period to allow our focuses to be on the other house plots for a little until we have equalized everything again is all I meant.
I'm all game for working with everyone's preferences, if it helps you better than by all means we can play things out.

Too bad Kitcat isn't here a the moment LOL.....

I don't quite like that second idea. Two separate RPs doing the same idea would be bothersome to me to be honest.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:01 pm

I wioll play Fili if you all want me to. I was also thinking, what if they tried to figure out a way to put solar power in this world?

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:22 pm

Also, I don't like the idea of separate threads, it would be a lot easier for me to navigate if everything is in one thread. I use a screen reader, which makes navigating things like this a bit trickier.
I can picture Aimee and Alicia trying to figure out how to set up solar pannels. I am also thinking that Aimee would try and go back home at some point after the Winter, sense it is like the artic, and she will want to wait until it is warmer. I won't be able to do the maze roleplay or do any of my own right now because I am involved in a trailer park boys/Lord of the Rings roleplay with another friend I just made, and I can only focus on two roleplays at once.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:51 pm

Okay, well I kinda like playing Fili so I'm not sure if I'd want to give him or Asphodel up, but if you want to play Brenna that would be really good. She is a strong-willed character who comes from a female dominated society. Her profession is fishing. I'd say her culture is a blend between the Vikings, Celts, and Bavarians. I'm actually writing up a detailed explanation about gnome society. She's my OC but I have trouble playing her because I play Fili, but I designed her specifically to be paired up with Fili. She has a definite chip on her shoulder and kinda has an attitude problem, especially towards men, but people generally find her fun to play.

Yeah, I like that idea for a solar power world. Does Aimee have any experience in engineering and technology? She could probably teach the others how to put them up. Also, after the dwarves get back, Shrikrar, Legolas, Aimee, and Alicia will be going on an expedition on their own to get coffee and cacao beans so there's that. We're not going to do the separate thread idea, but we are kinda trying to separate groups of characters out and give them their own stories. Like Alicia, Aimee, Legolas, and Shrikrar will be tackling the expedition idea and when Fili, Kili, and the girls get back, they'll probably be manning the colony and handling whatever might be happening there. The only variables I feel like we have are Balin and Dwalin. I feel like I am having trouble having my characters interact with them because I see them as being counselors or advisors of sort because that's how I saw them in the movie. It's kinda why I got rid of Thorin because I felt like I couldn't really interact with him that well. I'm not suggesting we should get rid of them or anything, I'm just speaking up that I am finding them challenging.

I am autistic and it can be hard for me to focus on too many things, which is why for me, I am focusing on the fact that I have four characters. Fili, Asphodel, Shrikrar, and Legolas. I am focusing on them. I am trying to give each of them a voice. I am only responsible for them and how they interact with others.

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:06 pm

All right, I'll try playing her if you want me to, I don't know how well I'll do sense I am still getting to know her. I need to read your fanfics to get more familiar with her.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Aimee knows about solar panels and how to install them from research she did onn the subject.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 24, 2017 8:04 pm

So I did a thing. I did a really detailed explanation of dwarf, gnome, and halfling societies. I created this for my own novel, so it's based on that, not on Tolkien, but I think a lot of it could be useful for our rpg. It's very long and like I said, a lot of it may not apply to our situation, but the section about rites of passage might be useful, as well as cuisine, clothes, arts, religion, things like that. Be warned, it is very long. It ended up being like 15 pages in my google drive documents. It's in this general forum and it's labeled 'dwarves, gnomes, and halflings, oh my!'
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:19 pm

I just want to let you know that I might be pretty scarce probably until Saturday. I'm pulling 12 hour days at work till then and I'm so exhausted I can't really think straight enough to write.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:21 pm

Oh my, I hope you get plenty of rest in between.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:47 pm

Eeew, twelve hour days. Sounds like shift work. The pay better be worth it. Smile
Yes, get your rest when you can!
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 pm

I am pretty exhausted, but that's just how it is. My mother, sisters, and I own our own business and we have no other employees because we are just starting out, so when it gets busy we barely have time to breathe. On Friday, we are going to be doing a craft show at our local mall and that's what we've been cramming all week for, and today and tomorrow is serious crunch time before Friday so we've all been working so hard. I can't even think of my novels right now because by the time I get home my brain is useless. Things should be better after the event on Friday though, I plan on relaxing all day on Saturday.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:50 pm

Oh cool. Not shift work but still pretty hectic. Alrighty. Thanks for the communication, and We'll hold off on roleplaying for a while, no biggie.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum