Summer Year One

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer Year One

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:28 pm

Drizzt smirked at Brenna's boldness, "I am not any less tired than the rest of you," he said. "So unless you intend on sending me away, I will remain right here."

Fili stood up and looked at Legolas, "wait," he said, "we haven't gotten all the houses cleared up yet. We can work on that tomorrow, for now, you can take one of the upstairs rooms. The rest of you as well."

Thorin listened to everyone speak then held up a hand, "we need to make defense a top priority," he said. "Not just of one house but of the entire village. Does anyone know how we can do that? I believe I agree with Alicia that these creatures must be destroyed."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:30 pm

Fili stood up, "Brenna, perhaps you've gotten your point across?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:31 pm

" When i get a good enough reason to, I'll send you away with a rod up your arse." brenna smirked back at Drizzit.

"right. so then tomorrow we might get started on those plans I mentioned. " Alicia affirmed.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:32 pm

Aimee frowned back at her, deciding not to push the conversation with this sharp woman. She didn't have the time for stubborn people right now.
Is it too much to ask for a conversation without rude remarks? She thought.
Legolas glared at the gnome as he walked towards the door.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:39 pm

Asphodel curled up beside Kili on the couch. Thorin noticed them out of the corner of his eye and he wasn't so sure about them anymore. He didn't realize how close they were getting, he had thought it was just a passing fling, but it seemed more serious than that. He'd have to have a talk with his nephew.

Drizzt glared at Brenna, not intimidated. "Legolas and I will take one of the upstairs rooms as your dwarf suggests," pointing to Fili. He glanced at Legolas, whom he had befriended before. "Please, stay here for the night, we should try to work together."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:43 pm

Fili put his hand on Brenna's shoulder, "perhaps you should turn in for the night?" He decided to redirect Brenna's bold snippy tongue with one of his cheeky lines, "Perhaps if I tuck you into bed and read you a bedtime story?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:46 pm

legolas smiled at him.
"I shall do so, I thank you. Do you wish to find your own chamber?" he asked Aimee. Aimee smiled at him as she got to her feet.

"Wado," she said.

"Pardon?" nLegolas inquired at the strange word.

"It is a cherokee word for thank you, one of the five civelized tribes of the native american people where I come from, I am one-third Cherokee."

"Why are the five civelized tribes?" Legolas inquired.

"It is a long and terrible story," Aimee said. She began tellign him the tale of the trail of tears as she followed him up stairs.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:48 pm

Zaylara listened to everything, "I think a good nights rest is a good idea," she said, "for everyone."

Gretchen wasn't intimidated by Brenna either. "I assure you I am quite capable of taking care of myself," she said. "I've lived on the streets of Italy for a year, and before that, I lived in an orphanage after my father sold me to pay for my step-sister's new car. I lived at the mercy of men who hurt me often. But I survived, so don't try to imply that we are not tough or that we can't survive on our own."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:57 pm

Legolas felt a deep kinship with these native americans, like the eldar, they loved and opriciated nature.
He was deeply moved and angered by what Lady Aimee had told him. It amazed him the horrible things that people would do to one another. Some of them were children, he thought.
Children were precious to the elves, and they could not have even dreamed of doing to them what the native americans had endured.

"I believe that language should be shared," Legolas replied. "We isolate ourselves from one another if we do not do so." Aimee nodded in agreement.

"I will see you in the morning Legolas," she replied, giving him a qauick bow.
Legolas kissed her hand as they aproached her door.

"A good night to you my lady," he replied before heading to his own. Aieme entered the chamber, and climbed onto her bed, quickly falling asleep.

Dwalin checked on the house one last time before he too went to his bed. He was not happy about having elves in this house.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:32 am

Brenna walked off before Fili even finished whatever he was saying to her. Some teasing jibe no doubt. Brenna wasn't the violent type unless her life depended on it, but inside she certainly felt as if she was seething. So when men wanted to get snippy with her it was perfectly okay, but when she defends herself and separate the problems before they get worse, other men can just jump right in and over rule her? Now she was beginning to understand why Asphodel was so much more upset than it seemed necessary for a party. Fine! let them all go upstairs and compare their cock sizes. The gnome went to her makeshift bed to set up for the night. Asphodel and Kili still had one room while the sickly blonde brat need to be even more babied in isolation according to Zaylara's diagnosis. Even she knew pneumonia was no joke though. Serves him right. Brenna wrapped her blanket around herself and went to bed, angry.

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:38 am

Kili picked up Asphodel after she had eaten and took her to bed. " It's been a rough day, some rest will do us all some good. I know sleep is about to hit me like a wrecking ball to the face." Kili smiled as he tucked her in bed. "Do try not to let Uncle's words get to you. You know, from earlier today. Some people just don't change on a dime so easily, excluding life threatening situations of course. Kili slumped on the small chaise on opposite side of the room to rest on.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:46 am

Balin's shoulders sagged with his own worries. Seems these new guests had also brought along new problems. Though, maybe that was a little unfair to just say that, easy as it is. Perhaps, if they chose to stay here then their contributions to their community might make up for it. So much for the 'family' he was mentioning this morning. The old dwarf shook his head at all the existing and potential issues he foresaw coming. He went to his own bed to lay down too. Alicia showing another encouraging smile. He smirked back. " Do not think I don't know what you're about young miss." He playfully warned. Alicia shrugged and all too familiar look of innocence as she quietly giggled.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:51 am

As everyone did turn to bed though, Alicia was of similar unease. She was not so sure of all the issues this could bring up, but she really wanted no part of drama if she could help it. How hard was it to just say a simple sorry, and let it go and move on? no rubbing it into each other's face at how badly the other hurt them, no making each other have to prove their worth but just to help carry their weight. Of course she also knew not most of the people in this room were not as down to earth as her. Zaylara, and Balin seemed to be the only others. It was probably best to leave everyone along though. She wasn't tired yet, so she took her own brooding on the front porch with a cup of tea.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:09 am

Fili groaned when Brenna stalked off. He typically enjoyed her bold tongue but directed at the newcomers who weren't quite used to it, who were still trying to sort everything out, perhaps it wasn't the best time. In any case, he was about the only one of the group who was usually encouraged by her attitude, he didn't find it off putting as the others did, in many ways it reminded him of his own mother. But he could tell it upset the elves and the humans. He coughed a few times, a sickly wet cough, before making his bed there on the couch. He felt fatigued by now, his body ached.

Thorin came over then, worried about his nephew. He looked towards Zaylara, "is he going to be okay?"

Zaylara nodded, "if he rests. Pneumonia can be very serious." Thorin draped a blanket over Fili. He turned to Dwalin, "I'll stay out here with Fili for the night, you and Balin can take one of the upstairs rooms. The humans can all have the third upstairs room. It might be a tight fit but we'll work on clearing and fortifying a couple more houses tomorrow."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:11 am

Zaylara went into Brenna's room, "I'll bunk with you," she said, not knowing whether the gnome was asleep yet or not. "The other rooms are all taken and Fili and his uncle are staying in the front room." She lay down on the small couch that was in the room and tried to get some sleep.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:13 am

Gretchen felt close to Aimee and Alicia, being that they were the only other humans in the group, although she sensed that Alicia didn't exactly come from Earth. She finished her tea and went upstairs to bed too, worried about what tomorrow would bring. This world had dangers, but so did the world she had come from.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:18 am

Asphodel listened to Kili and turned to him, "your uncle and Mr. Dwalin... they frighten me. All I wanted was to bring some joy and my celebration was quite innocent, I did not expect such a negative response. I'm afraid harsh words frighten me, after the way Roy has treated me." She lay in bed and looked in his direction in the dark. "Harsh words are usually accompanied by pain." She cringed as she remembered the beatings Roy would give her.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:46 pm

Brenna did not verbally respond, sleep already taking over, she was barely conscious of nodding.

Alicia saw Gretchen still standing there. " if you're ready, I can show you where you can sleep tonight." She led Gretchen to the third floor indicated..alicia hid her own grimace. Nope, too cramped. I'll sleep at another house. She thought to herself. Alicia helped Gretchen make up one of the beds for her. " there we are. If you need anything, we can help with that. I will be in another house though, so I'll see you in the morning. Asphodel, the hobbit with red hair who has the twisted ankle? She usually gets breakfast started in the morning, though I'm sure her boy friend Kili will be helping her with it due to her injury. Anyway, sorry everything is happening so fast. But sleep it off for now, and in the morning, when everyone is much more relaxed we can try again." Alicia smiled as she also set up Aimees bed. "Goodnight ladies." She said and left back downstairs.
The islanders was even more grateful that they had suxh a huge house. But when she had moved out to her own space it was one of the best things she'd ever done. The islanders liked her solitude and privacy. Perhaps that wasn't much of a surprise now that she thought about it.

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 1:51 pm

Kili understood Asphodel's plight. He made a small helpless shrug and smile. " their words were biting, but they're not bad and hateful people. We dwarves live a very different society than yours. It is very normal for one to be so distrustful at first. Nothing personal. "Kili scrubbed at his short beard. " why don't we try a more subtle approach? Like Alicia and her pranks are small, harmless and a little funny to watch. I mean I am not saying go pull pranks, hahahaha. But just maybe start small? A dwarfs trust can be earned, and once earned, it's just as hard to lose."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:38 pm

Alicia spent he night at the other house. it was quiet and airy, yet still much more comfortable than being cramped up in the third loft. Actually she rather liked having her own home. In fact, she might just do that with one of the houses. Tomorrow, when they have reinforced their little town much better, she will certainly make plans for that. Not only that but also extra caches. Alicia really liked Brenna's idea on emergency food and medicine stocks too. That was an excellent idea that everyone ought to be in on. (That is, if everyone can come back to an agreement.) If not she might have to just start acting on her own. Alicia snorted amusedly.
The next morning she got up, and ventured back to the main house yawning and stretching. Seemed most everyone was sleeping in still. Alicia glanced over at the pen wher Asphodel's sow stayed. Curiously she went to go takea peek at it. She hadn't visited the animal yet. Peering in through the wooden window, she saw the sow was snorting, stomped a bed and was laying down with a heavy breathing... " Oh dear...Oh my!" Alicia bolted back to the house. " The sow's got babies coming.." she hissed elatedly. Alicia went inside and knocked gently on Asphodel and Kili's door. " Up, up up."
Kili answered the door first. " what's gong on?"
"The sow." Alicia said. " I think it's about to birth the babies."
Kili gasped. " Asphodel! Your sow is going to pop any minute now." he smiled to her.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:43 pm

Asphodel woke up, "what, the sow!" she exclaimed, "Kili, can you help me out to her pen? I lost the crutches you made me." She was eager to see the piglets. She hoped that they would be the first of many baby animals here, if she could get her hands on some other breedable livestock. Now that Roy was gone, and really, they had no idea where he had gone too, the livestock and crops would be her responsibility as the only hobbit there.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Aimee stretched as she got out of bed. She lcimbed down, and made her way towards the door to go and see what she could make for breakfast in the kitchen.
She winced at the squeaking of the door as it opened, it certainly needed to be oiled.
Sighing, she quietly closed the door so she wouldn't wake the others. She felt along the wall, walking slower than normal so she wouldn't trip over anything.
I wish I had my cane, she thought in frustration as she felt for the stairs. Finding the rail, she carefuly climbed down, feelign each step wiht her feet as she did so.
She had no idea where the kitchen was, so she walked around a bit, looking for it.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:45 pm

Thorin spent the night looking after Fili. His young nephew had quickly deteriorated through the night, coughing and shivering, and now with a fever. Thorin had gotten very little sleep. This wasn't a good time for this to happen, who knows when the next attack would come.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:51 pm

Drizzt came downstairs and he noticed Aimee. "We will try to make this village better for you to navigate," he suggested. Gretchen and Zaylara came out moments afterward.

Zaylara came over to Thorin and Fili, "he's worse," she said, feeling his forehead. "He's running a fever."

"I'll make some tea," Gretchen offered.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:56 pm

Aimee smiled at Drizitt.

"That would be wonderful," she said. "We also need to find a way to label food items so I can find them easily, I doubt this place knows what braille is." A pang of sadness hit her at the very thought of not beig able to read and write again.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top