Summer Year One

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer Year One

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:05 pm

Drizzt shook his head, "No I'm afraid I don't know your worlds way of writing," he said, "But in the Underdark, where I'm from, many species have learned other ways of sight. Dark elves have the gift of dark vision, we can see without a light present."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:11 pm

"How does that work? I usualy go by my other senses," Aimee said. It sounded quite interesting to her.
She could hear Gretchen filling the tea kettle with water, and smiled in her direction.
Legolas smiled at them all as he entered on silent feet.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:43 pm

Alicia grinned excitedly. " Oh cool cool!" she grinned as she stepped aside to go and help Asphodel and Kili with the pig. She had never seen livestock birthing before, only home pets. She wanted to help. In fact, she even wanted to find more livestock they could use too, but one thing at a time.

Balin woke up to others talking. He sat up, yawning and smiling at the satisfied sounds of his back popping. Ah, today was the day they'd start on reinforcing the house. He got up to start some tea. Oh Asphodel is not here? Must still be sleeping. No matter. He decided to cook a meal for them this time. He remembered the others liked a mix of meats and vegetables. So he started up cooking some meats first, then chopped up some vegetables. Truth be told, one of his own favorites lunches was a cucumber sandwich. Oh! grillled sandwiches for breakfast it is!
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:47 pm

Kili picked up Asphodel. " right!" he said as he easily hoiste her up and zipped out the door towards the pen, Alicia in tow. " What do we do? should we be doing anything at all?"

"I'm sure the sow knows what she's supposed to be doing." Alicia said right behind him.
Sure enough, the sow was already about to birth the first piglet. While the audience had come, the pig heaved, and the first piglet, a female, was born.
not long after that also came the second, a male. then the next. and the sow had successfully given birth to a litter of six pigletts.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:53 pm

Aimee stepped out of the kitchen while the dwarf worked, feelign like she was in the way.
She didn't know what else to do, so she found the couch, and sat down. She would need to get familliar with the kitchen later on. That was what she always did when moving into a new place. Then she would be able to work better.

Legolas watched the litter of piglits. THey were quite adorable. Afdter breakfast, he decided he would go and see them up close.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:54 pm

Asphodel watched the sow eagerly, "most animals can do this part alone," she told Kili, "we just have to be close to make sure they don't have any trouble." She held onto Kili, using him to lean on, "Alicia," she said, "how many males do we have and how many females? I should say we should keep one of the females for future breeding if we can find ourselves a boar out there somewhere." She smiled at Kili, "I hope this is only the beginning of our little farm," she said as she watched the sow care for her piglets, "baby animals and new seedlings are both very sacred to Hobbits."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Drizzt watched Aimee, "dark vision is a natural ability of my kin," he explained. "We can see what you might call infrared light. There's also something which some races possess which is similar to what bats use to communicate. You see normal sight is quite useless in the Underdark."

Gretchen brought Aimee some tea, "here," she said sitting down on the couch with her, "I think I overheard there was a pig out there giving birth."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:03 pm

Dwalin snorted in his sleep, his dreams filled with giant coconut cookies wit mountains of icing and coconuts ontop.
He smiled as he walked through cookie village, tasting each wonderful treat. I wish to live in this place, he thought as he nibbled on a strawberry cookie as big as Thorin.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:05 pm

Balin had grilled sandwiches made up within the hour, humming a happy tune that his own mother had taught to him when he was a dwarfling. He took his own serving and left the rest under a cover for the others to enjoy their own share. Balin went to sit out on the porch to enjoy his breakast, which was also when he saw Kili, Asphodel and Alicia over by the pens. " hmm.. what's going on over there?" he asked himself.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:06 pm

Aimee grinned as she took the cup of tea. "Perfect tempurature," she said to Gretchen. She smiled at the dark elf.

"That sounds quite fascenating," she replied. Aimee smiled as well at the thought of baby pigs. "I rode a pig when I was a little girl," she said to Gretchen.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:13 pm

Alicia gently approached the litter, handling them carefully while the mother caught her breath.
"an even number of each. three males and three females. Yes keeping one or two for breeding is a grand idea. Also finding one more boar, one that won't tear us to shreds so quickly that is." Alicia chuckled. " Oh look at their little noses wiggle! Don't get me wrong, all babies are cue, but these pigletts are adorable." Alicia began to help the pigletts to the teats. Kili helped Asphodel get closer too.

"Sacred you say? What then does this birth signify?" Kili asks as he marveled at the newborns.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:16 pm

Dwalin awoke from his dcream wiht a loud snore, a dreeamy look still on his face.
He could see his brother sitting on the porch, and went up to hom.

"Brother," he asked in his sweetest tone. "I wish for you to make me cookies as big as Thorin."
Legolas choked back laughter from nearby at the thought of cookies that large.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:17 pm

Brenna slowly woke up next to the sell of food. She groggily got dressed and fixed up her hair simply since today would be filled with work. Walking outside she saw most of the crowd was already awake. Hmm, grilled sandwiches, nice simple change. she scooped up her own and walked outside.
Her and Balin shared a polite nod. " What's first today?"

"Other than the animal pens? I suppose we will start with the defensive tactics. The holes, the spikes, the javelin launchers, which i will be doing my part on it." The old dwarf informed casually.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:26 pm

Thorin carried Fili into the room Kili and Asphodel had vacated and came out. "Fili is very sick," he announced to everyone, "he's gotten worse overnight."

Zaylara nodded in confirmation, "fevers are not a good sign," she said. "And there's fluid in his lungs. He's too sick to protest staying in bed at this point."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:28 pm

Drizzt looked at the others too, "it's important that we fortify this whole village," he said, "perhaps a fence or a wall for starters?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 pm

"I quite agree,' Legolas said to him.
DSwalin quickly slipped inside to see the lad for himself. He did not like the flushed cheeks and sweat that ran down his back.

"Is there not a thing you can do?" he snapped at the healer, quite ajitated.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:31 pm

balin stopped and gaped at Dwalin with his typical 'look' that he used to always give Dwalin when he thought of something ridiculous. " Cookies the size of Thorin? Well when you get the dough and flower enough to make that happen, then I will make cookies as big as Thorin for you." Balin laughed.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:34 pm

Asphodel smiled, "new born animals, seedlings... they mean prosperity, good fortune, abundance," she explained. "Hobbits have eight yearly celebrations which center around agriculture. It's the most important thing for every Hobbit." She knelt down to see the new piglets, "and new life means a new generation." she looked at Alicia, "we really should try to find more livestock," she said, "cattle, horses, oh and we already have some hens but no rooster. Oh, and there are the sheep that Roy had been carrying for but since he is gone we'll have to take care of them now. And Ewes tend to have more trouble birthing than sows."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:34 pm

A small smile appeared on Dwealin's face at his brother's parting words. Now, where was he going to find such a thing? I wanted to make Fili one as well, the lad would get a laugh at seeing such a treat.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:41 pm

Zaylara ignored Dwalin's attitude, "I'm going out to collect herbs," she said. "Feverfew, valerian root, and some echinacea will help him breathe."

Thorin was worried about Fili, and he was also concerned about the growing relationship between Kili and Asphodel and he didn't like how serious it was getting. He knew Dwalin would probably share his sentiments, but he didn't know how to confront Kili about this without making his young nephew react negatively. Kili could be reckless and defensive about his black sheep ways. For now, Thorin would wait and see how serious things got between his nephew and the Hobbit. After all, if they ever got home, surely Kili had to realize that she couldn't go with him to Erebor.

Thorin was also upset at the fact that there were elves here. He made sure to toss a sharp glare towards Legolas and Drizzt.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:45 pm

Gretchen continued to talk to Aimee, "so what is America like?" she asked, "I mean your particular part of America, of course, I know all about New York and San Francisco but... not much about Oklahoma. Me, I'm from Bodmin Moors, in the north of Cornwall. Farms, fish, and mining, that's what Cornwall is known for."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 6:54 pm

"Well, I live in a city called Tulsa, which isyour tipical city with stores and restaurants.
Oklahoma is where some of the trail of tears took place, Tahlequah, a place I used to live in is where the cherokees live, every labor day weekend, they have a powwow, to celibrate the cherokee national holiday. I used to go rafting on the Elanoise river with my family when I was younger." Aimee smiled as she ate a veggie sandwich.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:01 pm

Alicia nodded in delight. " oh that would be so amazing yes I agree getting some horses and some cattle and sheep are fun. Maybe I can catch my hyena friend and train him to be a nice fairs dog Alicia chuckled a little. Her smile Falls her just a little. " we may have to put that on the to do list today I would like as many of us who are able to help reinforce the house I think the labor may also do us all some good
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:02 pm

"What is a powwow?" Legolas asked.

"Well, There is a grolup of drummers who play in a circle, while others dance and sing different songs, somethign like this." Aimee beat on the bench as she sang one of th epowwow tunes she could remember. "SOmethign lie that," she said when she finished. Legolas smiled. It had a wild and free sound to it, like nature itself.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:03 pm

Kili smiled a wide lopsided grin. He was very happy to see his Hobbit in such a good mood too.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top