Summer Year One

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer Year One

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:23 pm

Fili didn't listen to Thorin, he needed to find his brother. He tore off into the prairie, his sword drawn, crying out Kili's name.

Asphodel tore across the prairie as well, at least three gargoyles in hot pursuit. She made for the village, hoping beyond hope that Kili would be right behind her. Her foot screamed with pain and she struggled to keep her balance. Until she felt her foot cramp up in pain and she tripped over a stick. She fell to the ground and went rolling across the floor.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Gretchen saw the elves and as she ran out into the prairie too. She fought her way back towards Aimee, trying to get her free of the gargoyles. She punched one and kicked the other and grabbed Aimee and quickly untied her.

Drizzt saw the dwarf and the hobbit as he fought the gargoyle. He hurried after the two human girls to try to help them.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:34 pm

As everyone scurried around, Zaylara began to realize her place in all this as a healer. She had no weapons skill other than basic self-defense. But she could bring people from the brink of death. She hoped she wouldn't be caught up in the fighting and she hoped no one got hurt, but if they did, she would be ready. She made sure all her herbs and apothecary, bandages, and other supplies ready in her house of healing. Her place, from here on forward, was to heal others and she wouldn't let her friends down.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:37 am

Thorin dashed after Fili. He did not have an injured ankle, his movements only hindered by his breathing. Still, he was not invincible in a land they were all still just learning about. He knew his command fell on deaf ears. Fili belonged with his brother after all. Thorin could only offer as much support as he could. Then he also saw the grotesque creatures. " What kind of Morgoth sent monsters are those?" He huffed as he jumped into the fray. Thorin saw Asphodel hit the ground. He redoubled his efforts as one was hovering above her. Just as he grabbed her, Thorin put his entire weight behind his sword thrust. The gargoyle dropped Asphodel and didn't even have time to screech. he whirled back to Asphodel. " Are you hurt?" he said as he scooped her up. Glancing at her ankle he could tell, even without being a healer, that she'd pushed it to it's limit. His blue eyes followed Fili until his form disappeared. Thorin was torn for a second until he turned tail and bolted back to the house with Asphodel in his arms. Knowing Kili, he must not be far behind and Fili will find him.
"Zaylara! Balin!" He hollered out as he made it just to the front yard. " Tend to her ankle, it's swollen. here are creatures that look like human sized goblins about. I must go after my nephews." He gently set Asphodel down, then turned again back to chase his nephews.

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 am

Kili panted as he ran after Asphodel. If these creatures would back off already he wouldn't have such trouble keeping up with Asphodel!
Wait, was that Fili calling his name? " Oh no. Brother.." he groaned as he went to redouble his speed to catch up with his brother. " a gargoyle tackled him down. And he cursed as he fought it off, scrambling back to his feet.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:51 am

Balin picked up Asphodel with ease and shuffled back to the house he closed the door with his foot. "Come on, let's get you inside. Zaylara, we are in need of your talents. " he placed Asphodel on the couch. "

Alicia darted through the woods. She took the scenic route so that she wasn't caught by anyone. Or at least not many. Machetes were no double broad sowrds, but they had to be enough for now. She hated those annoying and stupid screeches, still she kept on, wanting to find her frkends. Instead of friends though she found two other human girls. "Oh. Hello." She said a loud. The gargoyles wet trying to subdue them again. Alicia smirked humorlessly and jumped in. She helped even the odds temporarily. "Come on. I'll help you out of here." Alicia helped them up to help lead them through
Th a safer route back to the house.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:56 am

Aimee winced from the loud noise as she fought off the strange creatures with her fists. Her nonviolent beliefs would have to take a walk until this was all over.
Gahndi and Marten Luther King would understand, she thought as she kicked the one holding her as hard as she could.

Legolas fought nearby, shooting his bow with deadly acuracy, shooting down the foul creatures. He was concerned about the blind woman, he hoped he could get to her in time and assist her.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:14 am

ah, I didn't see the rest until now, sorry.

Aimee smiled at the new woman. "Hello," she replied as she walked with them, hopefuly to a safer location while Legolas followed, shooting down any of the foul creatures that he found.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:32 am

Zaylara made sure Asphodel was taken to her new healing house, and not the main house. She helped her onto a healing bed and checked out her ankle.

Asphodel gasped in pain, "ah!" she cried, "Kili! Kili is still out there with those things!"

"Shhh," Zaylara said. "You have a twisted ankle and the wound you received from the snake bite looks a little infected. You need to lay still." Zaylara locked up the healing house, in case the creatures made it into the village.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am

Dwalin scowled as he went to check on the hobbit lass. He knocked on the house where the healing took place. He would check on her for now, but he was going to have words with her when she felt better, she was foolish to wonder off like she did when there were dangerous creatures.
She may have been upset about the party, but that gave her no right to wonder off without telling a soul. It was lucky for her that Kili ran after her.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:36 am

Fili saw his brother go down and saw the gargoyle tackle him, "Kili!" he exclaimed, attacking the gargoyle. Many more surrounded them and Fili's only thought was to protect his little brother. He sliced through one after the other with his sword, the same one he had carried with him to war. Fili coughed, his lungs felt heavier, but he refused to back down.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:39 am

Gretchen saw Alicia and followed with her, kicking a gargoyle away and helping Aimee. Drizzt also hurried after them, with Legolas. "Are you heading for the village?" he asked Alicia as he fought off gargoyles as Alicia lead them back towards the village.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:44 am

Zaylara came to the door of the healing house when Dwalin knocked, but she only opened it a crack "I'm taking care of my patient, Master Dwalin," she explained. "She has a twisted ankle and an infected wound, she should be okay but I won't allow anyone to see her until she's rested. I can't have a bunch of people in here crowding my healing house while I'm trying to heal. Besides, I think Thorin needs you in case those things get into the village. I don't want them to get in here."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:49 am

Dwalin nodded. "I wish to speak to her once you deem it an apropriate time. I do not mean to be rude, but she was foolish to run off in such a manner."

Aimee smiled in the direction of the men. "I want to thank you for helping us back there."

"You are most welcome," Legolas said, giving her a smile. "There is a boulder up ahead," he added as he lead her around it.

Aimee smiled. She would have to teach him the correct sighted guide techneque later. She rather liked his voice, it was a beautiful baritone.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:56 am

Alicia helped to lead the way back to the house, though of course the route was not as unoccupied as before. Now Alicia spotted new injuries to match her previous gashes. So they had to weave about, or duck and run.

Thorin finally caught up with Fili. They searched about and to his vast relief, he found Kili stumbling forth. "Kili!" He breathed out, rushing to help him. "Come on boy. I took Asphodel back to the house. Let's keep going."
out from the corner of his eye he saw someone else move swiftly. Someone far too familiar for his liking. "Elves..." he growled out as he covered his nephews.

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:03 pm

Alicia saw the new dark skinned visitor. "Woah! Hey! Don't touch me!" She helped impulsively.
"I am taking them to safety." She said simply. He didn't seem like and enemy, fighting off the gargoyles, but she didn't want to be too overly trusting yet, not with so much going on. But it would not do to turn down people in need. "If you need help then you can help us escape and I'll help you as best as I can." An eye for an eye right?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:06 pm

"Peace," Legolas said to Alicia. "We came to asist in the rescue. We shall not harm you."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:08 pm

Zaylara looked at Dwalin like he was crazy. "Maybe you and your king shouldn't have upset her," she said. "And I'm not letting you in here just so you can scold her. She isn't a child and she owes you no allegiance. Now you've taken up enough of my time, I have a patient." Zaylara was starting to develop a slight dislike for these older dwarves, except perhaps Balin, they were way too caught up in their ways and they thought the rest of them had to abide by dwarf rules. Zaylara had had enough of rules back when she was part of her rigid caste based society which valued her as a prostitute and never as a healer. Perhaps in this new land, it's the younger ones who would be setting the rules.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:11 pm

Drizzt held up his hands to Alicia, "I do believe that I helped save you and your human friends," he pointed out. He continued to go with them. "I mean you know harm and if I did, then perhaps I would have allowed the gargoyles to eat these two," he gestured to Gretchen and Aimee.

Gretchen looked around at the two pointed eared fellows and the human girls, "can someone tell me what's happening here?" she asked, "who are all of you and where are we and what were those things we had to fight off!"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:13 pm

Dwalin glared at her.
"I am not going to speak to her now," he snapped. "But I shall, mark my words Miss, she is too wreckless for her own good, and that shall get her killed one day. We dwarves do not share our secrets with outsiders, and that shall not change. It was her own doing for running away all because she didn't get her way.
We shall not share our secrets with outsiders because some high and might folks deam it apropriate to tell us what we may do in our own culture. It is part of our legacy and tradition to guard our secrets, and you all must learn to deal with it."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:14 pm

Fili helped Kili to his feet, "are you hurt, brother?" he asked as the gargoyles finally started to retreat. He looked at Thorin as he helped Kili back towards the village. He followed Thorin's gaze towards where the elves had gone. He growled a little, he wasn't fond of elves either, even if one of them had saved his brother's life back in Lake-town, he still didn't quite trust them.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:17 pm

"I would like to know what is going on as well," Aimee said, nodding in agreement.
"Where are we? What place is this?"

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:19 pm

Balin yanked Dwalin by his arm. " We don't have time for scolding right now. Leave them to heal. We must be ready for an attack. horin, Kili, Fili and Alicia are still out there." he said. Worried as he was, he was also a warrior and knew to stay vigilant.
A loud yelling from the main house had him spinning on his heel. Brenna who was still in there sounded distressed. " Dwalin! The main house!" He ordered and ran back hoping to save Brenna from whatever was attacking her. He knew she knew how to take care of herself, but still.
Mace in hand, he barreled open the door, scanning the area for intruders, but he found none. However, the room was unusually cold...
"Brenna! he called out. she was upstairs. He made it half way and thanks to his own swift reflexes, he ducked just in time for a small step stool to go sailing over his head. "what?.." he scampered back up and for one of those very few times, he did not have words for what he saw. The gnome looked as if she was on the defense of some invisible enemy. " what's all this then?!"
pillows flew from the bed as if someone threw them.
Brenna was yelling cursees as she covered her head. " The place is haunted!" she yelled
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:23 pm

Dwalin gave the healer one olast glare as he followed his brother to the main house.
ENtering, he stared at the gnome. "What is Mahal's name is going on in here?" he growled.
"Why is it so cold in here?"

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:25 pm

Alicia shrugged. " they'er not my friends. I'm doing the same as you buddy. Thought they were your friends." she said to Drizzit in the same pointed manner. 'don't get 'tude with me!' she thought irritably in her head. Then to Gretchen. " Right now we are currently running for our lives to a place I hope will provide us with better safety than these rocks and trees. We're running now, but we may be fighting again." she huffed in dark humor. hopefully these things don't like fire. she grinned deviously to herself. She will be leading them to one of the bigger houses in the village instead of the one they were staying in. should anything happen to that house it would not devestate them near as bad.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum