Summer Year One

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer Year One

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:17 pm

Drizzt smiled at Gretchen, "this is certainly an advantage over them, milady," he said. "You are quite knowledgeable."

Gretchen smiled, "well I'm a historian," she explained. "And I like to do more than just read about history, I like to learn it too. How to live like my ancestors once did. It's always been very important to me. I suppose my favorite era is the 18th century, but I'm knowledgeable about medieval times too and your world seems to resemble this era."

Drizzt nodded, "Faerun is a land of kingdoms and knights," he said, "but also of magic."

Gretchen smiled, "perhaps you'll show me? Goodnight then." with that, she got up and left and Drizzt watched her warmly before turning back to Alicia. "Other parts of this world, let me think," he said. "Well, I personally have not been here much longer than the rest of you. Perhaps a month or two more than you. So far, there have been animals. Ah yes, that is the interesting part about this planet. The climate and ecosystem change drastically from one season to another. When I arrived it was spring, the air was warm but pleasant. The forest was mostly of oak, birch, and that of a temperate climate. There were deer, rabbits, bear and other such things in the forests and prairie. Then, when summer arrived, the landscape changed to a tropical climate with hyenas, lions, zebra, and such and the forest became a jungle. We will enter Autumn soon and I am told it will be temperate while winter will be as if we are living in a polar climate with polar bears and the like. In addition to all these animals and plants, there are also enemies that Faerun dweller like myself might recognize. I once thought I saw a pegasus. It is a very strange planet. But so far, most creatures I have encountered are not sentient, though I have not ventured far."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:42 am

Aimee went down stairs the next morning to the smell of eggs.

"Good morning my lady," Legolas greeted her. "I have decided to make breakfast this morning." Aimee smiled at him as she joined him by the counter.

"I thought princes didn't cook, they had others to do it for them," she said, a teasing note entering her tone. Legoals laughed.

"Indeed, there are many fine chefs in our mirkwood home, but I know how to cook over a camp fire, which is something I had to do on patrol," he said. Aimee got to work on making a pot of delicious tea. She would to have loved coffee, but tea would do just fine.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:04 am

Alicia got Balin to agree to go collect the ingredients ro create the black powder for Gretchen to use. They went out around the valley and places the old dwarf would know where mineral and metal deposits would be.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 am

Legolas watched as Aimee grabbed the tea kettle when it whistled.

'Let me help you with that, you'll burn yourself," he said to her.

"Thanks, but I have it," Aimee replied. He watched as she brought the kettle to the teapot, and began to pour.

"How did you know how much to put in?" asked Legolas when she was done.

"I filled up the pot with however much water I wanted, that way I won't burn myself, and it won't waste water either," Aimee said, placing the lid on the pot. "Now we wait for the tea to brew."

"Pardon me for my ignerance, I have not met a blind person before," said Legolas.

"It is all right," Aime replied. "Next time you want to hel[p though, just ask me, rather than just asuming. I can do must things a sighted person can, as long as everything is accessable."

"I shall do so," Legolas replied.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:02 pm

Brenaa stood beisde Fili, rather pleased about having their own place, like a much more welcomed adventure. Leaving the old farts to stick to their own traditions. "Aye. This is a welcomed seperation."

Kili's brown eyes widened with the thought. "Moving out..Completely on our own. You and I, with our favorite lasses." Kili smiled to Asphodel. " Doesn't that sound wonderful? Yes brother we shall join you. I will go pack up our things, in potote sacks since that is what we really have haha."

"I'll come with you." Brenna added. " i'll grab my own and Fili's. The room in he stayed however, I think we rae better off just burning the old mattress, blankets, etc. Best to just get rid of anything."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:19 pm

"WIll you sing a song?" asked Legolas as he and Aiee sat down to eat.

"all right," Aimee said with a smirk. Will I regret this? Legolas thought as he spoted the smirk.

Water is wet
Oh water is wet
How much weter could water get
Not any weter at all I bet.
Oh water, is, wet.

Legoas looked at her as she paused, supposedly to add dramatic effect. Then she grinned, and continued.

Water is wet
Water is wet
wetter than an onion or a chia pet.
It's the very wetest thing I've seen yet
oh water, water, water, water!

Legolas laughed as the song ended.

"That is the silliest song I have ever heard," he said.

"Do you want to hear it again?" Aimee asked.

"Indeed, I shall sing it as well." They laughed together as they began singing the silly song, while Aimee pounded the table during the water chorus.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:25 pm

The archer and the gnome threw everything in their bags haphazardly. Slinging them over their shoulders they bailed the old home, and followed Fili and Asphodel back outside to the home that they chose.
Brenna wrinkled her nose. " Dusty, but I will do extra cleaning just to have a place of our own."
Kili put down their bag, his gaze falling from one corner to the next. " Fee. We actually have a place to ourselves. A place of our own!" Kili was so excited. "Where shall we start? Cleaning? That's right of course. Then we'll havethe kitchen and pantry set up. Oh and the bed rooms!"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:32 pm

Balin and Alicia ventured outside.
"Here?"
"No."
"This?"
"Nope."
"There?"
"Out of the question!"

Alicia was having too much fun still to even be frustrated by Balin's comical facial features. "Well, we still need sulfur."
"Thing is, sulfur is usually found near the hot springs of volcanos my lass. We'll have to venture much further for them." Balin looked out into the scenery. It was so open and vast. He remembered how some dwarves developed 'falling up' syndrome when they were so used to spending their lives outside that seeing the great blue sky gave them the feeling of falling up into it. Sounded silly until he actually witnessed it.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:35 pm

Dwalin woke up, and ate a quick breakfast of the eggs that were on the table.
He vowed to himself that he would find all the ingredience he would need to make those gian cookies. He was quite ready for some, and hated waiting for his favorite treats.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:42 pm

Fili was just as excited about having his own place. He never expected he'd have one. A commoner dwarf would had probably married and moved out at his age, or had perhaps been studying with an apprenticeship, but being a prince, he expected to live alongside Thorin until the day he took the throne. He'd always worried about Kili because as the second born, Kili would have been free to move away if he had so chosen and Fili didn't like the idea of being parted from his brother. Now, they'd have their own place and they wouldn't be far from Thorin.

"I'll fix up some of this stonework now that I'm feeling a bit stronger," Fili said. "And this wood stove will be easy to cook with."

Asphodel too was beside herself with excitement. She explored the house. It was smaller than the main house but it was just the right size for two couples. She gasped at the sight of the bathtub, "I love a hot bath," she said. "After we've finished cleaning it up, we'll have to decorate it. Some rugs and curtains and table linens would be a good idea."

"Kili and I can carve anything we need out of wood and stone," Fili mentioned, "furniture might take a little longer but we can do it. After all, we still belong to the community so we still have to contribute." Fili stood back with Kili and watched Brenna and Asphodel in admiration, enjoying the moment.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:47 pm

Balin was content with the break from the house. They had done so well to fix it up. He snorted to himself, the head-butting was something he had seen coming for a long time. It was only natural and happened all the time. It was only a matter of time. He thought about their situation while helping harvest a few extra herbs, or ingrediants for black powder.
"What's the matter?"
Balin blinked and looked up to see Alicia watching him. " Hm? Oh just thinking is all."
"You look...forlorn." Alicia observed. " Why do you look so bothered Pops?"
Balin lightly smirked at the nickname. " Well, Thorin has not completely recovered from his dragon sickness, though he is at least putting forth an effort and it is showing. He does not approve of Fili and Kili's relationship with Brenna and Asphodel. The lads being princes and all, it's a more strict life for them. And with the threat of the dark elves..." Balin shook his head as he and Alicia shared ther thoughts and opinions to each other.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:48 pm

Gretchen went to work on the gunpowder after Alicia and Balin helped get her the supplies. She came over to talk to Aimee after she and Legolas finished singing, "seems kind of empty without Asphodel and Brenna and the boys," she said, "I'm excited for them and sort of wouldn't mind taking their lead. Perhaps you and I should be roommates. And perhaps alongside Legolas and Drizzt. There are plenty of other houses we could choose from."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:54 pm

Thorin spent all day sulking in his blacksmith forge. Working took his mind of things and his services were important for the defense of this village. He tried not to think of Fili and Kili leaving him. He couldn't help but feel bitter about it. The dragon sickness was indeed still plaguing him, but he was also a stubborn old dwarf who preferred tradition and the idea of his nephews leaving to live with two who were not dwarves bothered him. It wasn't as if they were far away and they would still be working with him and the other members of the community to help stop the dark elf threat, but still... they would not be resting their heads under his roof anymore, they had their own roof now. Maybe it was more than tradition and dragon sickness, maybe this was about the fact that Thorin considered Fili and Kili to be more of his sons then nephews, he liked to think of them as that, and now they were grown and moving on with their lives.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:56 pm

Drizzt worked hard on the fence. An iron-framed fence to surround the perimeter of the community required a lot of forging so he put in the request with Thorin. The fence probably wouldn't keep Laniholn out in the long run but at least it would alert them to his presence. And it would go a long way towards making them feel safer.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:57 pm

Alicia and Balin were so distracted with trading riddles, that they almost missed the deep-set prints.
"Hey... how old you think this is?"
Balin came over to investigate. "The mud is only just hardening, and in this weather, perhaps and hour or two I'd wager."
Alicia and Balin shared a look in silence before the dwarf heaved a long fond sigh.

And so they were off, following the prints as quietly as they could, eyes peeled and ears opened for early detection. balin's hand shot out to stop Alicia from progressing further. He jutted his chin forward. There along the tree line was their target. Large gently grazing horses.
"If we could get two at least.."
"How?"
"...Herding them?"
"Where?"
"We'll set up a corral and bait it." Alicia said.
Balin's white brows quirked up.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:59 pm

Zaylara had decided to move into her healing house so she could devote herself to apothecary and to giving her full attention to her patients.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:03 pm

"You did the dishes yesterday," Legolas said as Aimee got to her feet. 'I shall do them today."

"Are you sure?" Aimee asked.

"I am certain," he replied. Aimee smioled at him as she went to clean herself.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:04 pm

"Kili opened up all the windows and doors to better sweep everything out. "A hot bath would be a great way to end the day. We ought to clean it up next. And I'll get some water from the river we can boil for the baths."

Brenna helped clean up the kitchen. " We'll get the linens and rugs just like you like them Asphodel. We can decorate our rooms in a way that melds our cultures together even. and that party you mentioned? We can still throw it in our new home."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:11 pm

Asphodel smiled big, "I'd love that!" she said. "A blend of dwarf, Hobbit, and Gnome cultures. Perhaps we could hunt or kill a chicken for the occasion. We have quite a few hens, we could spare one, although we don't have a rooster yet so there will be no chicks just yet."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:27 pm

Kili smiled. He grabbed Asphodel in such a huge hug that he lifted her off the ground and twirled her around in a fun dance. " Parties! Hot baths! All we need now is some good food!"

Brenna smiled softly. " hmm. what shall we have?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:37 pm

"I would love to be room mates with the three of you," Aimee said with a grin.
She quietly cleaned the kitchen aria as she spoke.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:06 pm

Asphodel thought, "well Hobbit cuisine is pretty simple," she said. "We eat whats available seasonally from our crops and our animals. We like river fish, meat pies, and any kind of bird. Pheasant is my favorite. In winter we eat a lot of preserved fruits and vegetables." But the piglets are still piglets at this point. Maybe we'd find pheasants in the prairie?"

Fili thought about what he and Kili grew up on, "Ered Luin is mountainous," he said, "we ate rabbit, mutton, pork, deer, and the like. We like salted pork and rabbit stew. What about gnomes? You live in an icy climate by the sea, do you eat a lot of sea life? Roaming herds?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:21 pm

Balin and Alicia looked at their prize. Instead of a horse, it was a shaggy pony.
They shared another look with each other before smiling.
"Well, we've got ourselves a pony at least. Still a fine start I daresay!" Balin smiled.
Encouraged by his smile and kind words, they led the shaggy pony back to the village.
Balin saw Zaylara in her shop. He smiled and peaked through the window. " Hullo Milady Zaylara. How goes your day? Look, we've brought a new friend." He chuckled.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:36 pm

Once Aimee was done cleaning the house, she decided to go for a walk.
She could hear THorin pounding away in his fordge, and decided to get him something to eat. She knew how it was to get so involved in one's work that you forget nurishment.
She scooped up a plate of eggs, and headed to the fordge, knoching on the door loud enough for him to hear over his pounding of the hammer.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:43 pm

(Going to disappear for a bit, dinner time. We made some changes in the Roleplay plot thread.)
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top