Summer Year One

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer Year One

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:26 pm

Alicia looked at Legolas like he was the weirdest thing she'd ever seen. He had an odd familiarity to her own ancestors. "Alright. Il lead you to a home with other friends. You and your friend help keep us covered. Ever heard of wedge formation?" Alicia halted smiled. "I take the front. You two ladies on either side of me then behind the two ladies, you two." She explained to everyone. " Ten four? Let's go!"
Alicia bolted forth, using the I'm to help navigate back to the general direction of the homes. An old sailing trick.

Balin stuck his head out the window. "Dwalin! Get over here!" He roared.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:33 pm

"Let us not argue, it is not the time for it," Legolas said cooly as he lead the blind woman around some rocks.
"Let us get to safety, and then we can introduce ourselves propperly."He scanned the aria for any danger as he spoke.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:35 pm

Kili gasped for breath. " those things...came from nowhere... gotta get outta here there's... more to come I am sure.."
"Breathe Kili." thorin said as he took his arm. " We'll get you back to the house. Zaylara is waiting for us. she tends to Asphodel right now." Thorin heard more screeches, but thankfully they seemed further away. Thorin half carried Kili away and back to the house. He also kept one look out for that elf, secretly hoping that his eyes were just playing tricks on him.
" just a litle further" he urged them. finally the house came in view, but for some reason he did not know, it felt as if, something was off about it too.
He took fili and Kili inside. " Where is everyone?!" he yelled, not liking the emptiness.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:37 pm

Legolas nodded at the woman's instructions, deaming it best to do as he was bid for the time being.
Was she from Harad? He thought as he got ehind the woman. He scanned the aria behind them for any danger.
He frowned. Is that THorin Oakenshield? He thought as he saw a familliar mop of black hair.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:41 pm

" No one's arguing either. I'm telling you what's happening. An now I'm advising you to put her on your back and carry her. We might cover more ground." Alicia smirked. She was feeling way too 'alive' in a bad situation.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:46 pm

Balin helped Brenna down stairs. he knocked aside a vase that was coming their way and slammed the bedroom door shut. " Ghosts...that's what we need right now. Thorin! Lads!" He was both relieved and worried that they were back. " Thank Mahal you've returned." his smile faltered. "Where is Alicia? Where is the girl?" His concern came right back.
"I don't know. I thought she was still in the house when I went for Fili. Where's Zaylara and Asphodel?"
"They are in her new healing ward down the way. I do not know what's happened thorin but we've got more guests here." Balin said.
" I'll say we do!" Brenna added. she winced at Fili's coughing and grabbed some water to help his dry sounding throat. " I was upstairs. then everything went cold. shadows blinked in and out and tings began to move! I don't know what they want!"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:58 pm

The ghosts had subsided when the Durins had returned. while everyone caught their breath, things seemed to have gone back to normal.
Kili caught his breath and sprinted for Zayalar's new healing hall. he knocked on the door. " Hello? I don't mean to intrude if you're busy. I just wanted to se how Asphodel is faring. and is there anything I can help with?" kili knew better than to get in the way of a healer and their duty.

Balin was happy everyone had made it back, but where was Alicia still? He too, was hoping beyond hope that the fell creatures would leave and Alicia too would return unharmed. This wasn't just an evening storm this time...

Thorin helped lock everything up properly. he had time to sit for five minutes then he too witnessed the agitation of the ghosts. things flew off the shelf. he even thought he felt a light shoving by a cold hand. " what's happening now?!" Then the front door flew open by an invisible gust of wind, giving him the view of five people running towards the abandoned village. They took a left (their left) to the other house that was larger. his jaw went slightly slacked.

"Where are they going? Why is...aww split bones." Brenna gurmbled, and saw a horde of fell creatures coming.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:08 pm

Zaylara wasn’t intimidated and only glared at Dwalin, slamming the door in his face before hurrying to help Asphodel.

“I only wanted to brighten everyone’s spirits,” Asphodel lamented as she winced while Zaylara cleaned out her wound. “I didn’t know dwarves were so secretive.”

“You are not at fault in any way,” Zaylara said gently. “And I won’t let those dwarves speak harshly to you. If we are to be living with one another, there should be no secrets. It’s best not to rush them but I think in time, they’ll figure out that they have no choice but to trust us. They think we need them but they need us just as much. After all, I have healing abilities and none of those dwarves can be a better farmer than you.”

Asphodel smiled at Zaylara’s kind words. “So what of your culture?” she asked. “Can you share it?”

Zaylara shrugged, “we are vampire/wolf hybrids called Kutmyres. We lived in a valley near swamp lands. We have a strict caste system in which everyone is born into occupations. The alphas rule society and the omegas to the dirtiest work. Everyone else falls somewhere in between.”

Asphodel listened. “What were you born into?”

Zaylara sighed, “I was born into the upsilon class,” she said. “The pleasure caste. I grew up in a pleasure house. I learned to dance, serve tea, and provide pleasure to anyone who visited the house. I was little more than a prostitute… but all I ever wanted to be was a healer, a zeta. I taught myself healing in secret.”

Asphodel was just about to say something when Kili knocked. “He’s the only dwarf I will speak to,” she told Zaylara. Zaylara nodded and came over to the door, “Dwalin is determined to get in here in scold her,” she told Kili, “and if you plan to speak harshly to her, you will be asked to leave.” She let Kili in and closed the door behind him.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Drizzt hurried into the village with Alicia and to one of the other houses, “what is your plan?” he asked, ‘I think the creatures are retreating, but I am sure they will be back eventually. If not them than others, there are many enemies on this world. Not the least of which happens to be my kin… Legolas and I were heading for this village, it was vacant last time I was here.”

Gretchen gulped, “I… I don’t like this,” she said, still trying to sort out her situation. “I was sleeping in an alley in Naples and now I’m here…”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:09 pm

Fili helped his brother into the house and gasped when he saw the ghosts, “Brenna!” he exclaimed, “Are you alright?” he coughed more and sat on the couch, “what happened?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:23 pm

Aimee sighed as she was hoisted on the man's back.
She hated being carried about like a baby, b ut she could see the wisdom in the sutuation, they were in a dangerous situation, and her lack of sight would slow them down.

"I was on my way to go ice skating with some friends when I found myself in mountains. I didn't even know AI was being transported. I must have been traveling as fast as a spave shop in space, because I didn't feel anything." Legolas was curious. What in Elbereth's name was a space ship? He didn't have time to ponder this at the moment, so he kept running.

"You run fast for a human,' AImee said.

"I am an elf, not a human," replied Legolas, his hand on his bow, ready to shoot. "I am called Legolas Greenleaf, son of THranduil, king of Mirkwood." Aimee couldn't believe it, she was in the company of a prince. She wondered what other surprises would be in storen.

"It is nice to meet you your highnes," she replied. "I am Aimee."

"Well met my lady," Legolas replied. Aimee was amazed that he wasn't out of breath yet.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:28 pm

Alia stopped once they all made it inside. She closed the door and scanned the area. " You both are archers. perfect. my first plan was to spill the oil in this house, run out the back when they've all come inside then blow their leathery skins sky high. That will at least take down their numbers drastically for us. we double back to the main house wher the rest of my friends will be in. The place is more reinforced and will give us better defence for a smaller number. You two, along with Brenn and Kili and jump to the second floor and pick them off with arrows. You two girls ought to join them upstairs too, safest place. I will join the rest of my friends and we'll defend the first floor." Alicia explained. " SOund good to you? I hope so, cuz the other one is to hide like mice and hope they losse interest and go home." Alicia looked to Gretchen and Aimee. " Sorry about all this happening so fast. I would love to explain more and answer your questions upon the earliest convenience, which is not yet."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Brenna smiled a genuinely caring one for Fili. " I was starting to get worried. Seems when you bolted, everyone bolted in different directions like penguins jumping in the water. Fili, I think you might have made your recovery time a little longer, but I am happy to se you've all made it back."

Kili flashed a tired smile to Ashodel. " Whew! that was exciting wasn't it?" he joked. " My brother and I might have to make a full cast for your foot here soon." Then he heard then heard the vague echoes of those horrible screeches. He turned and scowled outside. " they had better not come this way...Zaylara, if those things do come-" he paused at the growing sound, looking back. " Nevermind they're here!" Kili dragged one of the heavy benches across to barricade the front door, then zipped out the back to climb onto the roof of the small building. He'd get the best shots at higher ground.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:31 pm

Legolas brought Aimee into the house.

"Will you help her upstairs?" he asked Gretchen. "I must find a goot spot where I can aim. Something feels dark about this house." He nodded at Aimee as he ran outside.
Aimee gulped. She did not like this situation one bit. I wish I was home, she thought.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Fili sighed and looked at Brenna, "I had to go," he said. "I'm a warrior and my brother was in trouble. I needed to help him, despite my illness. Besides, it seemed to be passing... I'd been feeling stronger."

Asphodel gasped when she saw Kili, "Kili!" she exclaimed, "You're okay! I was so scared-" she was cut off by the creatures outside. She let out a scream. Zaylara hurried to grab a small knife just in case.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:17 pm

Eventually, the gargoyles retreated, growing tired of trying to get to their meals.

"They are retreating," Drizzt said as he stood with the Alicia, Legolas, and the girls, "But they will be back. If not them than others. These plains are dangerous and each season brings new hazards."

Gretchen swallowed and looked at Aimee, "are you alright?" she asked. She was afraid of this planet but it was better than the streets of Naples and much better than the orphanage she had grown up in.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:19 pm

After the gargoyles retreated, Thorin looked around. "where's Kili?" he asked. He looked around for Balin and Dwalin too. He really hoped there weren't elves in that other house.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:20 pm

Aimee smiled in Gretchen's direction. "I am all right, and you?" Aimee was not lookign forward to more of the creatures, she shivered at the rememberence of them bitting her fingers, and those horrible screeches.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:22 pm

Brenna let out a loud exhale from her nose. " I guess so. but what good would you have been to your brother if you could not even hold up your sword becuase you couldn't breathe? Even warriors need to take care of themselves or they'll end up killing themselves better than their enemies." she grumbled. Her eyes cast over her shoulder before back to Fili. " Who are the four new people?"

Balin gaped. He went over to Alicia, gently squeezing her elbow. "My lass you gave me another scare." He frowned at the new little scratches she got. " Best make sure those do not get infected. seems shallow enough at least. Now, is this going to happen every time you sneak out?" he said eyes glancing pointedly at the elves and humans. " Wait, is that Legolas?" He said leaning to the side a little. He was surprised at how neutral he felt about that, neither hating nor celebrating.

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:23 pm

"I believe he is with the hobbit lass," Dwalin replied. "Her snake bite might be infected." He glanced out the window, not wanting to put his guard down yet.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:25 pm

Legolas gave Balin a polite nod, though he was hopign none of the dwarves would start in on hom. There was still hatrid between their peoples.
He sighed to himself, not looking forward to having to spend his days with them.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:33 pm

" We are all here then at last." Balin said to the group. " And safe, for the moment." he said.

Alicia smiled a friendly smile to Drizzit. " I've got some possible ideas to share, but let's make sure wounds are patched, breaths are caught and/or bellies filled yes? And then I'll share what I propose. Are you injured any?" She asked Drizzit. " Balin? Will you help me tend to the new visitors? The two girls there don't know what's going on."
Balin's eyes passed over the crowd, then he flashed his own wrinkled smile. "Aye." he walked over to the two new humans. he could see on their faces the apprehension they must be feeling.
"Come and sit." he invited them to the couch with his warm smile and deep bow. " Balin. At your service. How's a cup of tea, ale, or water sound? We don't have anything else otherwise I'm afraid." Balin glanced over their persons just to see if they had any bad enough injuries for Zaylara to see. so far it didn't look so. He began to explain all what he knew about the new planet and things both good an evil. " And that's the jist of it. So what might we call you two? and how came you here?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:37 pm

"I would love a cup of tea," Aimee said. "I was going to meet some friends so we could all go ice skating back in America where I am from, and I somehow ended up here," she explained.
"My name is Aimee." She sat down on the couch, quite happy to have something soft to sit on.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:37 pm

Kili kneeled down to look at Asphodel's ankle. " It's swollen up like a tomato." he said with disdain. " Don't worry. We can take care of that too. But Asphodel, I know you were upset and all, but please do not run off like that. Retreat to another house if you wish but, we just don't know enough yet about this place to take strolls whenever we wish. Or bring someone with you next time won't you please?"
Kili blinked once as he remembered one more thing and looked to Zaylara. " The others have returned. My brother, Thorin and Alicia. I do not think they are too badly injured, but we've all returned to home now." he said relieved.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:39 pm

Balin made her a cup of tea and passed it into her hands. " Still very hot." he warned. " well, good thing we got the second floor cleaned up. WHat with our new guests and all." he smiled.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top