Summer Year One

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer Year One

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:43 pm

Aimee smiled as she sipped at the tea. It tasted like English breakfast, one of her favorites. It was wonderful to have a soathing cup of tea after this long and trying day.
Legolas smiled at her. "I would wish to have some tea as well," he said, sitting beside her. "I was patroling the boarders of Mirkwood when I somehow found myself in a different forrest. I believed it to be my own at first, until I met drizzit."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Balin poured an extra cup for him too. Nothing wrong with sharing a cuppa after all. " hmm, strange how this seems to happen to the most random of people..." he muttered as he excused himself to get the house closed down for the night.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Legolas nodded in agreement at Balin's words as he sipped at his own tea.
He didn't like it. Why was he here? He knew not, only the valar seemed to know. It was nice to sit in the peace and quite with a cup fo tea however, so he made up his mind ot enjoy it. THough he wished he was with some trees instead of in a wooden house.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:51 pm

Asphodel nodded, "I'm sorry," she said to Kili, "I'm impulsive I'm afraid... I'll try to find a secret place next time." She winced hard at her ankle and let Kili carry her back into the main house.

Thorin saw Kili when they came in, "nephew," he said. But he turned and saw Legolas, "spawn of the elf-king..." he growled. And to Drizzt, "and this pointed ear... he looks like the one we saw before."

Drizzt sighed, "you have been acquainted with Laniholn then..."

Zaylara came in behind Kili and Asphodel, "she needs to stay off that leg for awhile," she said and she shot a look towards Dwalin, "and she doesn't need any scolding, either." She came over to Fili to check his lungs out, "little pneumonia," she said, "I was afraid this could happen..."

Fili sighed. He was tired of this illness. It made him feel weak and less of a warrior. He didn't like being taken care of.

Gretchen accepted the tea too. "Like my mother used to make," she said with a smile, thinking fondly of England.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:55 pm

Aimee smiled at her.

"Aye, we have met him," Dwalin replied. "He said that he wished you dead."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:56 pm

Alicia drank her fill with water for hydration, offering some to Drizzit too. " So, for the gargoyles that wanna come back. I was thinking a hundred yards from the house, all who are able will dig in random places, foot wide by foot deep holes. Ask Asphodel and she can testify how easy that is for even a kid to do. but cut the grass in a neat circle so we cna use it to cover back the holes. We put anything sharp in them to make dead falls. they'll only maim, but that will still put them at a great disadvantage, unable to use their foot. Fifty yards out we make spiked angle fences. you know the tilted spikes you put at an angle hoping for people to just run into? well ours will be on a pulley system so that they lie flat and unnoticed at first, then spring up to surprise our enemies. anyone who knows how to make arrows and bolts should spend as much of their time as they can to do so for you, your other friend, Kii and Brenna. the four of you will be at the second floor using the height to your advantage. Balin will fashion six very large slingshots slings and him and his brother will fashion them to both door posts. we will make five to six foot long javelins to launch out whenever they reach the door or windows." Alicia explained.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:58 pm

Drizzt sighed, "I don't have fond feelings of him either," he told Dwalin. Thinking about Laniholn.

Gretchen looked at Aimee, "where are you from?" she asked, sensing that this was the only other girl who came from the modern Earth she did.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 pm

"That seems rather cruel does it not, do you wish to stoop to the level of them? They may attack us in a worse manner if so," Legolas replied.
"I would never stoop to the level of an orc's cruelty to when a battle."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:02 pm

"I am from America, I live in Oklahoma, one of the southern states. How about you? Which part of England do you come from?"
She was quite enjoying her tea, she felt liek she was at an english tea time. She wished for some scones with butter and honey, now that would be prime, she thought.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:03 pm

" Oh yeah we did." alicia frowned. " Needless tosay we don't like him or his offers. Fighting off his folk wil be harder than gargoyles. Tricks and traps for them won't be so easy." Alicia's eyes fell on Zaylara and Asphodel. "Hey friends. Oh Asphodel. I can get some hot water in a bucket to help with the swelling?" Alicia offered, also looking to Zaylara for affirmation. "I may have run into new friends again." she joked as she raised a hand to Gretchen, Aimee, Drizzit and Legolas.

Kili carried Asphodel gently into the house and put her to sit on another comfortable chair. She knew she was in good hands with Zaylara but still wanted to ask. " Can I get you anything?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:07 pm

Gretchen sipped her tea, "I'm from Cornwall," she explained, "the southwestern peninsula. But I've spent a lot of time in Wales, Scotland, and Ireland."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:09 pm

Brenna watched the newest guests. One blind woman, one other tough one. Two real elves, one being of the dark origin without the dark heart, the other one of the fairy tales. both males. And legolas seems rather haughty for her liking. At least Drizzit seems a little more willing to listen.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Brenna walked up to the four as Gretchen was talking about her own homes. " Any of those places teach ya skills that might come in handy right now?" she asked Gretchen then turned her hard stare at the other three. " Goes for the rest of you too. We aren't living a safe or luxurious life here and anything related to survival is what we could use."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:11 pm

Aimee grinned. "I have always wanted to go to all those places, and France as well, I was looking to learn the language before I came here."

"I shall go and get some rest, where is my chamber?" he asked, glancing around the house.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:12 pm

Asphodel winced as she was laid down on the couch, "could I have something to eat?" she asked Kili. She watched Thorin and Dwalin wearily. Those dwarves intimidated her, she was a little afraid of them.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:13 pm

Fili smirked from the couch, "you should listen to this gnome," he said to the new comers. "Or she'll whip you into shape."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:15 pm

"I can cook if that counts for anything," Aimee replied. "That's about it. I was a musician before coming here, and I was studyign to become a yoga instructor." Aimee set down her teacup on the coffee table.
She would need to explore the house later on to get familliar.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Gretchen shrugged, "well I've always had an interest in history," she said. "Celtic history in particular. But I'm into writing period dramas so I taught myself to sew, ride a horse, how to fire a musket, that sort of thing. I made cosplay costumes. I can cook too and I can speak Cornish, Welsh, Italian, and Gaelic.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:17 pm

" Of course." Kili hopped right up, completely fine passing by anyone. Easily he scooped up some soup they had and delivered the bowl to his hobbit. " Here we are. I'll take you to rest if you're ready to sleep afterwards."

Brenna looked at Legolas like he grew a second head. "Go and pick a house!" She snapped at him jutting her chin towards the door. The audacity of this male!

"We'll have those caches set up like Brenna wants in case we have to evacuate. We'll get a rope or slide pole set up from a window of the second floor for quick escape if anyone's stuck up there." Alicia added. " Anything we find can and will be used as a weapon if the need be."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:18 pm

Legolas scowled at the gnome. He did not like being spoken to as if he were a child.
"I have been a warrior for many years my lady," he replied firmly. "I shall lend my aid if needed."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:20 pm

The gnome glared right back. " then you can tell when we don't need it too I hope? You want to rest go on then. No one's holding you back. you want to make yourself useful then you will help reinforce this house mister needs-to-brag."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:21 pm

"Hey now, there is no need to be snappy, can we not stay calm?" Aimee asked. This woman seemed quite on edge all the time, which did not make for a healthy mind or body in her view.
She didn't seem like a happy person, which made her sad, everyone deserved happines.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:23 pm

Brenna turned back to the ladies, dismissing Legolas completely. " You say you can sew and make costumes? That will come in handy for the making of new clothes. Not costumes exactly mind you, but your sewing skills will be a big help. and you miss Aimee. Asphodel has been our kitchen queen lately, but if you ask her nicely she might take turns with you." Then she turned to Drizzit. " and you? Tired too no doubt? again, we've got extra houses for you to pick from. Then tomorrow you can decide if you'd like to make yourself useful or leave too."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:26 pm

Brenna turned right back to Aimee. " You had best get on a tougher skin if you thought that was snappy miss. And if your friend there can say whatever he thinks he can say in a place he has no voice at yet, then he's asking for it." The gnome was taking no seal scat from nobody.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:27 pm

Aimee smiled. She quite enjoyed cooking meals, it seemed the perfect way to help in her view, food was after all, important.
Plans for meals began spinning round her head.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 16  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top