Summer year one part 2

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Summer year one part 2

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:09 pm

(time for a new thread)

Drizzt went with Alicia and Gretchen, enjoying the chance to spend more time with this curious human girl with wavy auburn hair and bright green eyes who seemed to be the type of survivalist he was. “What surprise do you have in mind?” Drizzt asked Alicia.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Summer year one part 2

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:10 pm

Shikrar approached the gnome, “I don’t mean to startle you, milady,” he said taking a polite bow. He gestured to Roy, “the Hobbit and I have just escaped Laniholn’s community. I hope we can count on your village to harbor us, who is in charge here?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thorin spent the day working on the fencing in his forge all day just as he had been doing.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Zaylara and Asphodel teamed up together to work on the animals. Their growing farm had needs. Zaylara examined the new cow Fili had found. “She’s healthy,” she said. “And she’ll produce milk for a few more months, but if you want her to continue to produce milk, you’ll have to breed her annually.”

Asphodel thought about that, “Breeding is going to be difficult around here,” she said. “I mean we still a rooster, a male pig, a bull, and a ram. And perhaps a stallion. Some of those will be aggressive animals.”

“Well, one step at a time,” Zaylara said. They looked through the other animals. In addition to the cow and to the pony Balin and Alicia had found, they had three ewe sheep, the sow and her six piglets, about a dozen hens, and a few goats. But most of the animals weren’t mature enough to breed or to butcher, and there was no way to replace them. Asphodel felt as though they were collecting pieces of a puzzle bit by bit.

Their crops were doing better. Asphodel tended to the herb garden, she also had a vegetable field, and she had been storing things like potatoes and garlic in the barn. Fruit trees grew around the village, often shading the houses. In fact, the house Asphodel and Kili had chosen had a peach and a plum tree in the back and there were citrus trees all over. The grains were almost ready to be harvested around and then they would have wheat, barley, oats, corn, and rice.

There was one particular plant Asphodel had been taking care of. A tobacco plant. She’d grown it secretly in the garden and she’d been drying leaves in the barn, Now, she thought it was ready.

“Tobacco?” Zaylara asked as she helped Asphodel gather the herb up.

“Well Kili told me once that the dwarves like to have some pipeweed,” Asphodel explained as she gathered some vegetables for dinner. “And Hobbits are known for being able to grow a pretty good crop. I secretly grew this plant and dried it and now I’m going to surprise Kili with it tonight when he returns home from the day’s work.”

“Sounds like life in your own home agrees with you,” Zaylara said. Asphodel smiled, “I’m very happy,” she said. “A home, animals and crops to care for, and someone who loves me and whom I love in return, and all in a land where there is adventure, it's a dream come true.”

Zaylara smiled as she and Asphodel parted ways for the day. Before Asphodel returned home, she made one last pit stop. She’d set up a trap behind the barn and was delighted when she found four large rabbits caught inside the makeshift cage she’d made. She took the rabbit cage to the barn and set it up so that the animals would be comfortable but selected one to kill for her surprise meal for her household.

Asphodel hurried home and set about making Dwarf style baked rabbit with potatoes and turnips, and of course she set the freshly dried tobacco leaves on the table. She grinned as she waited for Kili and the others to get home.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:11 pm

Fili, meanwhile, sharpened his swords and blades before spending the day out by the river working on plans to build a small boat that could safely get them from the river to the ocean. He felt encouraged that the boat would turn out well, especially if he got Kili’s help with the woodworking part.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:20 pm

Roy grinned toothily at Brenna. You thought I would stay away did you not wench? He thought as he watched her cooly.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Brenna's eyes narrowed on this new dwarf, but they tgurned more volatile when seeing Roy. "Hmph. I don't suppose that hobbit has told you that he's not exactly a friendly sort, beating women and all. We had snt him to his own house last time he was here. I'm sure the same will happen, IF the two of you are allowed to stay. We know that cursed dark elf's intents well enough, And if you say you escaped that ight mean he'll be coming this way looking for you. You'll bring the bastards down on our heads too." The gnome wanted to send them away immediately, but, she gritted her teeth and spun on her heels. This was not just entirely her choice after all.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:21 pm

Before they headed in for the evening, Fili remembered that Kili wanted to have a talk with him so he headed over to find his brother. "What is it, brother?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:22 pm

Kili's cheekcs blushed a little. " well, I am afraid of rushign into things too quickly. But, I think Asphodel, is my One. I hardly ever want to leave her side. And I know it could also just be puppy love too like the past but, I was wondering if you think it might be too early to =, you know, ask for her hand."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:25 pm

Brenna kept her finger on the trigger. " Right then. We'll see what the others think too. On now the both of you to the house in the middle there." Brenna pointed towards the main house that Thorin, Dwalin and Balin still resided. She opened the door and gestured for them to come in. The gnome went to the large cow bell that sat at the end of the porch and rang it loudly so that everyone in the abandoned town could hear.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:28 pm

"I miss the woods," Legolas said to Aimee as they continued their day long journey. "There are plenty of trees here. Would you care to share a picnic with me?" he asked her.

'I would love to," Aimee replied.

"Stop ringing that damned bell woman," Roy growled, glaring at Brenna.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:28 pm

Fili smiled, "you're sure?" he asked. But he knew the answer to that. "There isn't anything to wait for, and we have a home now. I think you should ask her, Kili, I've never really seen you so happy. And I'm very happy for you, brother." He thought of Brenna and wondered where his relationship with her would go. What were gnome customs regarding courtship? He and Brenna had started out testing one of another but now, he was looking forward to seeing her when they both got home. He walked towards their new home with Kili.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:32 pm

Gretchen walked with Drizzit and Alicia. Se had never heard or really cared for fairytales that talked of pretty elves, dwarves and gnomes or the like, as she had reality to focus on once she was sent to the orphanage. Drizzit was a one of a kind fairy tale man she had ever seen. He was the whole 'tall dark and handsome' if she had ever seen an example of that before. Gretchen tried not to stare. " AH yes. what is the secret you were thinking of?" She changed the subject.

Alicia smirked. " Have either of you ever heard anything like blow pits? basically they're small explosives on the ground that go off when you step on them. That was one of my ideas was to make some prototypes of those and- what?" she stopped suddenly and spun around at the sound of the loud bell being rung. " Uh, we'll get back to this. Let's see what that about shall we?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Kili had also smiled. " Heh yeah you're probably right. I just wanted to hear what you'd think too." Kili followed him to their new home. They just walked inside when they heard the bell. " Oh? Brenna is ringing the bell over there. Shall we se what your sweet heart is about?" Kili joked.
He offered his hand to Asphodel. " Come my lady. Let us see what the ruckus is about."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:35 pm

Dwalin groaned as he heard the bell, He had a lot of work to do.
He scowled as he neared the house. "This had better be urgent," he growled at Brenna. "I have lots of things to do this day."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:39 pm

Balin over saw a few of his plans, conversing with his brother and Thorin when the bell also interrupted his thoughts. he looked over lazily. That was until his eyes fell on the angry glare of Roy through the window. he jumped up from his seat. " Oi lads! Brother! Thorin! Roy has come back. He's there at the main house." The advisor already started outside, a dissapproving frown on his own face. He too did not like Roy's misconduct towards women. Habitually glancing to the right where Zaylara's medical home was in his subtle self comfort of her safety. his Eyes glanced left at seeing Gretchen, Alicia and Drizzit, he sighed again in relief. Although he did not know Drizzit, he knew the elf shared the same chivalry.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:40 pm

Legolas spread out the dishes of food he had taken from the kitchen, some bread, cheese, and berries.
He smiled at Aimee as they began to enjoy the food in the quiet woods.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:42 pm

Brenna rolled her eyes. " oh quit yer belly aching and see for yourself." she said to Dwalin.
Then whirling on Roy with a malicious smile. " maybe next time i'll ring this bell over your damn head!"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Dwalin glared at Roy, while he glared back at the dwarf.
"Do not persume to tell me what I can and cannot do girl," Dwalin snapped at Brenna. Her sharp tongue was rather annoying at times. Did she even have a nice word in her brain at all? Or just snide insults and orders. Thorin gave orders as well, but he wasn't rude like this annoying gnome.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:48 pm

Alicia looked wide eyed at the newcomers. or one new comer and Roy. " Well Well. What brought him back." Alicia rested one had on her hip, looking at Roy and another dwarf analytically. " Drizzit. Gretchen. Meet Roy. Asphodel's first betrothed, but he mistreated her, talked down to her and hit her, so we seperated the two. Then Roy left completely and we didn't know where he went till Laniholm came to visit us."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:52 pm

Brenna glared right back, refusing to even be told what to do by this cock leading dwarf. " Do not presume that I am some girl you can just order about dwarf. If you cannot take an order do not give me one."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:54 pm

"THe only orders I take girl are from my king," Dwalin growled, glaring at her.
"You need to learn to give your commands in a nicer way, you are rude."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Gretchen looked down at the new hobbit. She was not impressed, but actually a little more, unimpressed. He didn't even lok as cute as Asphodel or nearly as pleasant.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Sep 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Drizzt listened to the introduction and glared at Roy, "a male who would mistreat his betrothed is not worthy of respect."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:01 pm

Shikrar stood beside Roy and addressed everyone, "we barely escaped with our lives," he explained, trying to be as charming as he could be, "Laniholn will want our heads for leaving."

Thorin looked over the new dwarf, feeling suspicious.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top