Summer year one part 2

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer year one part 2

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:30 pm

Drizzit smiled to her. "This world, dangerous as it is, might be for the better foenus all in some way, shape or form. I do not pretend to say this place will be much different than where we all came from, but it is a new atart for the old wounds to try and heal." He smiled to the three others. " we might be able to heal each other.'
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:43 pm

Kili leaned back a little gazing at the sky. "Yes I will be telling them. They are my family even thoigh I do not agree with all their traditions. I understand them, but, I just feel like they dont all really mattee any more while we are here. And whos to say that Durin the First was even that strict about inter racial marriages? " Kili spoke. He smiled to Asphodel again. "Do not think that they hate you. They dont. We juat have tgese old traditions that the old farts think the world will blow if one is broken."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:11 pm

Alicia smiled. "Fantastic. All who are able sgall put a few extra hours into hunting and gathering. I don't want to put too much responsibility that the colony will need on Roy and Shikrar. In fact, I dont even want to tell them much of what we have been doing. I juat dont think we can afford it if... well you know. I dont even want to give voice to bad things. But I would like us all to even have personal caches in our own homes, hidden away for emergency purposes." Alicia continued in a lower voice. " oh! And I would likebtonareal all your jackets. " she paused a second to see everyones reaction to her joke. Then smiled. " sonthat I can use them as guides for making nee clothes for winter time....and wear them for the fun of it. Today I will be going to the river first." She said as she got up to go.
Balin chortled quietly.

Last edited by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:17 pm

Drizzit stood up then. " please excuse me miss Gretchen. I do believe I will go and find some way to add some contributions to the colony." He smiled and bowed to her. He did fins this human to be almost, a kindred spirit.

Kili smiled at Asphodel. " we will tell them later after work. It is time I get up and make myself useful."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Legolas looked at Gretchen.

"You mean to tell me that humans sale others as mere sex slaves?" he hissed, face quite cold and still.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:25 pm

Drizzit froze in his tracks, unsure of why legolas was hissing at Gretchen, but it made him wary as he slipped on his boots. He kept his drmeanor calm, not wanting to jump to conclusions.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:48 pm

"I am afraid so," Aimee said quietly.

"That is one of the most dispicable things I have ever heard of," Legolas replied. 'Especially when it involves a child.
When elves wish to mate, they are getting married to one another. It kills the very fëa if an elf is raped, and we do not have forced marriages. When an elf is violated, they begin to fade. Love making is a spiritual thing to us, and for humans to use it so casualy in such a brutal and barbarick manner is horrid."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:25 pm

Gretchen nodded in agreement, glancing from Drizzt to Legolas to Aimee, “we can confide in one another,” she said. “And rely on one another. As a community and as a household.” She looked Legolas, “yeah human trafficking is a big problem in Europe and in much of the rest of the world,” she explained. “In the UK it's more of a problem in the bigger cities, people luring young women with promises of an easy job and before they know it, they’re taken away forever. Usually, parents don’t sell their children but… my father isn’t a very good man and he must have already known some traffickers or got the idea on the internet somewhere.” Gretchen knew Aimee could understand, knowing she was the only other one here who came from Modern Earth. Gretchen didn’t know how slavery or servitude might work on Middle Earth or Faerun but as a historian, she knew it was relatively common in medieval societies which Middle Earth seemed to resemble.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Thorin nodded to Alicia, “I still do not trust either of them,” he said. “And I think we should monitor them, especially near my nephew or the hobbit girl. I do have to say that if Roy should get it into his head to hurt Kili, nothing will stop me from running him through with my sword.” Thorin sighed. He still wasn’t used to Fili and Kili not being under his roof. He kept wanting to check on them but he was trying his best to give them some space. He wasn’t exactly getting along with Fili right now, but he had a parental instinct towards them and no matter what angry words had been exchanged, and no matter what words were still left to be said, he still felt the need to make sure they were okay.

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asphodel smiled, “yes I should get to my animals and crops,” she said to Kili. “I have to milk the cow, collect the eggs, feed them all, and water the crops. I think another day or so and we should see the first of the grain harvest, then we’ll have a much better ale brew, and we’ll have freshly baked bread.” Asphodel leaned over and kissed Kili lovingly on the lips. “I shall see you tonight when my work is done,” she promised. “My betrothed.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Sep 25, 2017 6:26 pm

Fili meanwhile, headed to his workshop to work on his project. He was almost finished building a boat. Brenna was going to love it. With this boat, she’d be able to get to the ocean via the river. She’d be able to continue her profession as a sea fisher here on this planet. THis boat would be seaworthy and river-worthy, they’d even be able to take trips on it.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:06 pm

Legolas nodded. "I know that men in my relm did such a thing, but I was hoping, may haps foolishly that things had changed in your more advanced society, not that I am saying your society is perfect, I was just thinking that maybe they saw sense in treatign women and young girls in a better manner."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:07 pm

"In some parts of our world, womena nd girls are not treated right," Aimee said. "Some countries do not allow them an education."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:08 pm

Drizzit was rather happy to see that Gretchen was taking all this so well. She certainly had a good head on her shoulders, even after all the already traumatic experiences she had ben through. " I agree whole heartedly." he said to her before excusing himself to his own duties.

Alicia did not feel sorry nor afraid after hearing that Thorin would be so quick to kill someone like Roy. She took it very neutral. " See ya'll later friends. I'm off to the river now." Alicia had cleaned up whatever she used and left to go fishing. The islander headed down to the banks. Smiling at the tiny minnows at the edge, she set up her gear to catch some dinner.

Brenna pondered over what Fili said. if certain rocks and gems were precious to dwarves, what kind of gift could she give to Fili? she thought on it as she went to continue her work.

Kili's heart felt like it grew wings like a butterfly and just started fluttering everywhere when she called him his betrothed. " Yes. I await the moment, with bated breath."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:19 am

Balin waved at Kili as the young lad passed by. " Hello there ladddie. You seem to be in a chipper mod."
"Oh aye! Asphodel and I, we are engaged, officially now." Kili was so happy to talk about it. He felt as if everyone needed to know.
Balin's brows shot up. " Really now?" he paused a second before breaking into a smile again. " Well, good on you both. Going by rather fast if I daresay."
Kili shrugged. " As I thought at first too, but she is also fine with it. So it is. How do you think Dwalin or Thorin will take to this?"
Balin pursed his lips. " My brother is hard to say, maybe whatever Thorin might think. Thorin however, he may not be too happy about it, you and Fili being the next heirs and all. Right now he is both proud of you two and still a little miffed. He's trying to get used to the two of you not being under his roof right now."
Kili understood that. " Aye. I have carved a grooming set for Asphodel. Two combs and a hair brush, though, the bristles of the brush is harder than I thought."
"Bring it here lad let me help you." Balin said. The old dwarf snorted bemusedly at Kili's first attempt. He showed him how to do it right to complete the gift.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:26 am

Drizzit went hunting and successfully shot down two deer. He had asked Legolas what kind of animals were typically good to eat since he was still unfamiliar to it all. Two deer and a rabbit ought to be good. He cleaned them right there then took the meat back to the village. He smiled to Gretchen. " I hope you like rabbit and deer. I have never had either myself, but I hear they are a tasteful meat."
Alicia had shared with them her idea for creating more stocks for winter, though he did not wish to say too much out in the open like this unless they were in the privacy of their home.

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:39 am

Gretchen did her own duties for the day. As someone with an interest in history, she’d chosen never to rely on technology. Having lived on the streets, it's not as if she could afford a cell phone or car anyway, so she relied on her own skills. She knew how to sew and mend, how to build and shoot 18th century muskets, how to cook with a wood burning stove, how to make her own musical instruments out of wood and brass, she knew a little about medical herbs though not as much as perhaps others in the group, she liked art and writing, and many other things. So today, she went to Thorin’s blacksmith shop where she was happy to find the parts for her musket were finished. She took them and went to her own workshop to start assembling them and assembling the gun powder.

After the day, she was delighted to find what Drizzt had caught, “I love venison,” she said.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thorin spent the day working on various things in his workshop. Drizzt had said the fencing was almost finished so Thorin moved onto other projects. By now, in addition to more of the houses being utilized, just about everyone in the community had their own workshop to use for whatever they wished. Thorin, of course, was the main blacksmith, so making pots, pans, garden tools, mending wood stoves, making iron tools or parts, anything involving metal was his domain.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili was in charge of stoneworking in the community while Kili was in charge of woodworking. And although Fili’s boat project was wood, and he probably should have left it to his brother to do, he decided to try it out for himself just this once. After all, he wanted to make something for Brenna that she’d appreciate and it wouldn’t mean as much coming from Kili. So of course, he had to get a few pointers from Kili about wood carving, but this would be his one and only wood project, he liked working with stone much more. He’d made bricks for animal fencing and paths and he planned to make marble tiles for their homes. He’d also become the community jewelry smith because he could carve designs out of gold, silver, and any other kind of precious metal or gemstone.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:40 am

Asphodel, of course, was in charge of all the farmed goods. After milking the cow and collecting eggs, she fed the sheep, the goats, the pony, and checked on the piglets. The sow was doing great and the little piglets were growing. She thought she might like to fatten one up for bacon but it would be a few months before they’d be old enough for such things, and she didn’t want to kill any animals if she didn’t have any way of replacing them. She’d have to get a boar one way or another.

Moving on to the crops, Asphodel was delighted to find the wheat and barley ready to be harvested. She gasped in delight at seeing the wheat stalks. She’d spend the day milling the wheat and everyone would be so surprised to find freshly baked bread on the table for dinner tonight. She also found apples and oranges and other august produce ready for harvest. In addition to milling wheat into flour, she also spent the day preserving fruit in her own little workshop by the barn which she had turned into a place to store food.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:10 pm

Aimee smiled as she worked on some dishes for the community and their new home. Her favorite part was making and mixing the clay.
The artist in her wished she had some glazes to make it pretty, but she decided to make due until she found some way to make some. Dwalin was happy to fire the pieces she made for her.
He was also pleased to hear that the hobbit lassie had found some wheat. It was almost cookie time. All he needed to find was eggs and milk or water, Balin would decide which.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:43 pm

Asphodel spent the first part of the morning delivering basic food to each house. A small jar of milk, some eggs, some butter, and a small wedge of cheese for each house. Then, after spending the day milling wheat and harvesting vegetables, she mixed the barley for ale and set it into a barrel to ferment, and she set aside some of the flour for storage. Then, at the end of the day, she delivered flour, barley, oats, and some august produce from her fields and her orchards. The produce selections included avocado, blackberries, blueberries, carrots, cherries, corn, cucumbers, eggplant, greens, peaches, peppers, plums, tomatoes, and potatoes, as well as a few tropical fruits and some fresh culinary herbs. She made sure each home got an equal share of food. Their meat supply still came from hunting and fishing since none of the piglets were old enough or large enough for butchering and the hens were still laying eggs, and the rabbits she'd caught needed to be bred first.

This was starting to become a routine for Asphodel. Deliver milk and eggs every morning, and fresh produce every evening before she checked on the animals once more and hurried home to prepare dinner for her household.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:46 pm

Shrikrar spent the day out in the prairie. He decided to make himself useful so as to not raise suspicion. He collected wood, stone, and other raw materials for the community and brought them to an empty storage shed. He made a quick pit stop in the prairie to leave a message for Laniholn, wedging it into a log he knew the Drow would find. The message only read, 'making progress.'
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:59 pm

Alicia grinned with excitement when the dehydrators were almost complete. She couldnt wait to try them out. But now that it was getting late, she went for an idle walk before turning in for the night.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:05 pm

Kili hutried home. He came inside excitedly. " Asphodel? Ah there you are. Ive made something for you." He presented to her the grooming kit he had carved out for her.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum