Summer year one part 2

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer year one part 2

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Aimee smiled at all the food. She decided to make a fetachini alfrado dinner that night, so she had made the pasta that day, and began work oin boiling it, and makign the sauce with veggies and fish.
She had been missing a good italian dish.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:13 pm

Brenna smirked as she came up to Fili. "Cuaght me a descdnt sized river trout. Already cleaned it for eating and with its scrimshaw, I happened to make ya this. " the gnome presented Fili with charms that could be put together to form a complete charm of a jumping whale. " its no rare jewel, but carving sxrimshaw gas always been a sort of, valued sentimental pass time for me."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:17 pm

Drizzit was happy to hear that Gretchen liked venison. He never had it so it was good to take someone elses word for it. " with what we do not eat, we can smoke for later. " he looked over to his otger two guests. "Looks as though they have their own choice of dish prepared."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:22 pm

Aimee smiled.
"My first atempt at makign home made pasta," she said.

"You did quite well," Legolas said, taking a serving of it, along with some rabbit and vinisent.

"Thank you," Aimee replied.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:19 pm

Laniholm stalked through the night. Well he did love his home in the underdark the night sky with the stars and the Cool Breeze was a pleasant change that he didn't mind. As if he had no weight, figure or dimension, he moved through the woods more like you was just another Shadow until he got to the log he knew Shikrar would past messages to him. He read it with a smirk of satidfaction. Not bad. Keep up the good work. He thought as he sauntered back, glad of the redults Shikrar was making.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:46 pm

Laniholm left anoyher small note for Shikrar. "Find out more about them." Before he left again.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Shrikrar happened by Alicia on his way from collecting wood and stone, “Ah,” he said, giving her a charming smile. “Mind telling me where I can bring this wood?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:46 pm

Asphodel had just set dinner on the table when Kili came home. She smiled when he gave her the grooming kit. “So beautiful,” she said, examining the combs and hairbrush. “You are so good at wood carving. I think if we were on Middle Earth and you weren’t royal, you’d have a promising career as a woodcarver.” She gave him a kiss as a welcome home after the day. “And welcome home, my love.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:47 pm

Gretchen took the venison and helped Aimee prepare the Italian meal. “We should show Drizzt and Legolas all the different cuisines of Earth,” she suggested. “Have you ever had Ethiopian cuisine?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili looked over the scrimshaw beads, “these are very nice,” he said. “And speaking of fish, I’m making you a surprise so make sure you don’t go near my workshop. But if you want a hint… it will make you feel more at home.” As he walked he glanced at Brenna, “so how do gnomes court one another?” he asked. “I want to respect your culture so… I want you to tell me. And… I’ll share mine with you. My Uncle and Dwalin will throw a fit because we dwarves don’t share our culture but… I’m asking about yours so it’s only fair I am willing to share mine.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thorin came home later that evening and found Balin and Dwalin. He glanced at Balin, “you spoke with Kili today?” he asked. “Are they both well?”

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:35 pm

Alicia stopped as she heard someone speaking her way. oh it was the new guy. " Yes. They go under the porch way by the barn, at the side here." Alicia led him to the other side of the barn where fire wood was stored. "Just so." She said about the stack that had already been started. Now that she saw the small stack, it would be a good idea to add as much as they could to it before winter came. She looked at Shikrar in a quick once over. " How long have you been here on this new continent?"

Last edited by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:37 pm

Kili really loved seeing his hobbit so happy. He loved showering her with gifts. " Well, even royalty needs to have hobbies. It is like a requirement actually amongst dwarves that those of high responsibility get hobbies too my love."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Brenna's head tilted. " I thank you Fili. Though I too wish to respect your ways and would not have you share more than necessary with me since it is important to keep your secrets as such. But about my own ways of courting..." Brenna comfortably shared the ways that gnomes of her home would go about romantic endeavors.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Sep 26, 2017 9:43 pm

Balin tapped his pipe clean. "Oh aye. The lads and their lasses are doing well. They've adapted to having their own place quite well thus far. Although Miss Brenna and Miss Asphodel are already accustomed to it. Fili and Kili took on their roles like second nature." He looked up to Thorin and smiled. " You and Dis raised them well. You are proud of them and rightly so."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Sep 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Aimee smiled at Gretchen. "No, I would love to try it though," she replied.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Shrikrar stood there and talked with the human girl, “I’ve been here a few years,” he explained. “You see Laniholn’s colony is a bit older than this one. I know more about this planet than Drizzt does. You are right to prepare for winter, it is only four months away and it's quite harsh. The land resembles a polar tundra within weeks. That’s the most curious thing about this planet. The seasons are far more pronounced here than where you are from.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asphodel smiled, “well I love to see your work,” she said to Kili. She moved over to wrap her arms around his shoulders and gaze lovingly into his eyes. “I enjoy having hobbies too. In fact, I have another surprise for you.” She went over to the oven to pull out a freshly baked loaf of bread. “The grain harvest is upon us,” she said. “In hobbit culture, it's a very joyous time, a time to celebrate a good harvest after a long season of planting, sowing, and caring for the crops. Of course we’ve only been on this planet a few months, not a few years but I think the taste of this bread will be just as wonderful.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili listened to Brenna’s explanation of her culture’s ways. She mentioned something about gnome culture, how it operated. In gnome culture, the women were more dominant than the men. Like dwarves who considered stones and gems sacred, gnomes considered sealife and the caribou herd sacred as they represented their life on the cold tundra that made their home. The caribou gave them meat, fur, leather. Whales, shellfish, shark, they all gave them sustenance and a way of life. It was the sea itself that the gnomes considered sacred. Fili would have to remember that. He smiled to himself as he thought of the boat he was making. He thought how Brenna must miss being near the ocean and this boat would give her the ability to travel there every day if she wished.

“Thorin may not want to share certain things,” Fili pointed out, “but that’s because he’s formed very few bonds with other races. He’s never had the chance to become close to anyone else but other dwarves. Me and Kili on the other hand… I hope you realize what courting a dwarf will mean. We are a loyal, devoted people. We love deeply. We chose our friendships carefully and our lovers even more carefully, but once we’ve chosen, there’s no going back.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Gretchen smiled, “oh I’ll have to cook next time then,” she told Aimee. “Ethiopian food is delicious. I hope you like spicy. Injera is made out of wheat and teff flour and kantisha is a mushroom stew type of dish with spices and clarified butter. My favorite Ethiopian dish is kifto. It's a beef tartar dish with spiced butter. THere’s a blend of spices called berbere that Ethiopians use, it's delicious.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:55 pm

Thorin nodded, “I want Fili and Kili to honor our ways,” he told Balin, “I am very proud of them. Prouder than I could ever imagine. But… it’s still hard to get used to. And what if we ever get home?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:17 pm

Aimee grinned. "Oh, I love spicy foods, indian food is one of my favorites, place a chutney in front of me, and I will eat it all quite fast."
She smiled at the thought of it as they made the meal.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:21 pm

Dwalin nodded in agreement at THorin's words. "Aye, the dwarves will not want a gnome and hobbit in our sacrid halls. Our princes will be exiled for doing such a thing."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:09 pm

Alicia groaned inwardly. She was actually a little unsure of herself, just how well she might do in a frozen tundra. It was the exact opposite of her tropical life. She'd need to spend some time making extra warm clothes for everyone then. "I see. Good to know then." She said. "When does the tunda weather cease exactly? How many populate Laniholm's colony?" Alicia asked him as they set about the wood.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:23 pm

Kili followed her to the kitchen and his nose was filled with the smell of freshly baked bread. " Oh Mahal... Asphodel this is one of my favorite pleasures. Freshly baked bread. Whenever my mother made some I was always there, peeking around the corners, through the windows, sneaking bites. Heh, freshly baked bread is an all time favorite sentiment." Kili smiled in fondness at the loaf. He cut a piece to eat. " Mmm, my love, this is heaveanly." Kili pulled her into his grasp with one arm. Once his bite was finished. He turned to her and molded his lips to hers. He kissed her gently, grazing it as if to ask permission. Once she consented, Kili deepened the kiss. He wrapped both his arms around her, picked her up and put her on their bed that they shared. He climbed over her, kissing her lips again, then trailing down her jaw to her neck where he nibbled and gently bit at the skin playfully and lovingly.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum