Summer year one part 2

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer year one part 2

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:46 am

Balin shook his head. " this is your home. If you want to do the dishes, go ahead. As for the bread, it is Asphodel's doing, not mine. I just asked if I cpuld share it with you is all. I mostly came here to ask if you needed anything, though it appears you survivied the buffalo stampede well enough. Thats good." Balin wrote down some extra notes for himself, grunting in approval. " Aye then. Do call if you need anything." He greeted before taking his leave.

Kili slowly sat up, hesitant in case he might get anoyhrr wave of naseau. When he didnt he sighed in relief. "Finally. I can move slowly without everything spinning too terribly."

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:59 am

Aimee laughed to herself as she waved at Balin with a free hand.
Dwalin smiled at his brother when he saw him returning. "Well brother, i am glad those buffalo have disapeared.
Do you know how to make flour? I believe we have wheat to do it, that will get us started while we wait to get eggs and milk to make those tasty cookies." A gleam entered his eyes at the very thought of them.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:34 am

Balin sared bemusedly at him. " one track minded, cookie dough for brains." He mock grumbled. "Well you are one step closer then. Worry not, when you get the ingrediants, i will make those cookies for you."

Alicia played with the colt to get it tuckered out before taking it to the barn. Then she went to resume her own work, humming a song while she worked on clothing for the winter.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:55 am

Dwalin grinned at him. I do love my cookies as you well know brother," he replied.
"It does my heart well to see that Kili is getting better,' he added.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:18 am

Shrikrar smiled at Alicia, “ah, just trying to be of use, milady,” he said, talking about the male animals he’d found. “After all, if you planned on using your animals for meat, you’ll need a way to replace them. And most animal's mating season will start soon, that is if you’d like babies by spring. Do we have enough females?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:19 am

Legolas spent the day in the forest, meditating on nature. As summer was passing into autumn, as an elf, he felt the need to honor the passing with a day in the trees. The forest was changing. It had been a tropical jungle with banana trees, coconut trees, and thick jungle canopies with tropical birds and flowers. But the landscape was gradually changing and the tropical plant life was retreating into a more dormant state, being replaced with oak, birch, and maple. This was truly a strange planet, Legolas had never seen a world that could completely change it’s landscape from one season to another. It seemed the trees could grow much faster than they could on Middle Earth and when they went dormant, they shrunk and retreated into the ground, Legolas assumed they would simply reappear next summer.
It was late august by now and the change was gradual. The forest was a mix of quickly retreating tropical plants and quickly advancing temperate plants. The tropical birds and primates were becoming scarce, being replaced with birds and chipmunks. Legolas even encountered a small black bear which he watched silently as it passed by.
As an elf, very in tune with nature, Legolas felt deeply connected to this planet. The trees, the animals, the very rocks held importance to him. At the end of the day, he gathered some bananas from a shrinking banana tree and hurried home. He and Aimee shared a home with Gretchen and Drizzt, but the two had recently gone missing, along with Thorin so it was just him and Aimee now. When he arrived home, he smiled when he found Balin and Dwalin visiting. “The bread is delicious,” he said as he sat with the three of them. “The hobbit is an excellent baker.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asphodel hummed softly as she went about her work in the barn. Milling wheat to flour, harvesting barley and oats, picking vegetables, hanging herbs to dry, canning vegetables to make jam and preserves and pickles, checking on her batch of ales and cheese, cultivating mushroom spores and potatoes in the barn, milking the cow, collecting the eggs, feeding the horses, the cattle, the sheep, the goats, the pigs, the chickens. Every day she worked from morning to evening as their thriving farm demanded her attention. Every morning she would deliver farmed good such as flour, cheese, veggies, fruit, and milk to each household and every evening she would cook a fresh farm grown meal for her own family- Kili, Fili, and Brenna. While the others tended to other duties around the colony, this was her own duty and she did it gladly. The plants and the animals were hers to care for, she felt an almost maternal need to see to their care every day. She wondered if the first hobbits to have settled in the Shire had felt the same way.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili had finally finished his boat. He pulled Brenna aside, “I want to show you something,” he insisted, bringing her into his workshop. Inside, there were various stone works in process. Bricks for building, tiles for floors, even some gold, silver, and gems which he was carving into jewelry, but in the very center of the workshop stood a beautifully carved canoe. “I’m not one for wood carving, that’s Kili’s department,” Fili told Brenna. “But I wanted to try it this once so I could make this canoe for you. It can go up the river, you could sail it all the way to the ocean every day if you wished, it would make traveling to the ocean a very short trip.” He watched for her reaction. “You said you missed your home. You told me how you were a fisher and whaler so I thought this would be a way for you to continue that trade here in this world.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Alicia said, " well we have only one female of each so far. The barnbis big enough to be converted to an animal hospital should everyone start having babies. And each sow will bave their own pen."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Roy watched Asphodel do her chores for a minute. She was always so talented, even by hobbit standards. He took out his sleep drought, dabbing some on a handkerchief. Silently he crept up behind her, grabbed hee and put the handkerchief over her mouth and nose. " We have much to discuss my beyrothed." Roy said in her ear, catching her body when she went limp. He tied her up, gagged her and put her in a small wagon. From there he hitched the pony on it with a travel pack, and fled the colony.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:09 pm

Brenna atared at tbe canoe. She walked aeound it, inpsecting it with expert eyes. "You are right. Woodwork is not your forte'. But I love it Fili. Exactly the way it is." She smiled at him, and wrapped her arms around him. " This does make me very happy."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:50 pm

"I want everyone to be as prepared as we can possibly be. Forgive me of I may sound like a slave driver till the winter comes, but if those buffalo and Kili's injuroes are any proof, anything can happen on this new world." Balin explained. " we will never have too much fire wood for starters. Alicia's idea with food dehydration works well. So lets keep that thong going all day. We need not worry about water since we can boil the snow. Medicinal supplies is also something we can never have too much of." Balin instructed, particularly to the younger audiences. "The snow, goves us the advantage of hiding deadly traps against intruders." He said pointedly. "I do not expect you all to be warriors, but I expect us all to be survivors by the end of this."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:58 pm

Roy took Asphodel far from the colony. He found some old ruins in the direction he had chosen. Bemusedly surprised, he checked out the place, juat make sure tgere were no creepy things bigger than him in there. Luckily he found none. There werr many tunnels and dwellings that sremed only big enough for a hobbit to squeeze in with ease. He liked that. He looked at Asphodel, hoiating her intobone of the more cleanest shelters.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:04 pm

Alicia helped with getting the animals settled into thwir new home. "Hm, youre surprisingly good with animals. I once heard dwarves normally didnt have much to do with them other than for work or eating. Seems like dwarves like to eat anything that moves. On that note, there are these kids scary stories where Im from, ones that said dwarves would eat people. Has that ever been true?" Alicia asked Shikrar for comical conversation starter.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:14 pm

Laniholm wondered how the other new colony was doing. How was Shikrar and Roy adjusting to their current residence? He did get the note of making progress so he still had his confidence in the dwarf mage. He also started tuening his attention to the winter coming. Although he knew what winters were like here, he wondered how the other coloby might fare. Ir would not due to lose his new toys so soon. So maybe he'd send a little surprise to them, one that would double as fresh meat should they slay them. "Release a few of the owlbears on the opposite side if the river." He commanded one of his officers. The officer shuffled along to go do so. Three owl bears were released. They growled and squaked as they rumbled forth to where ever they might find food.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:24 pm

Aimee smiled at Legolas."yes, she is a good cook, I will have to make her something special," she said. "Maybe a vase for her flowers."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 pm

Shrikrar smiled kindly as he finished up with the animals. “Well, normally dwarves don’t keep animals, except for as you said, for work and sometimes we keep hogs for meat. But here in this colony, one has to learn to improvise.” He couldn’t help but laugh at her account of dwarves, “you’ve been quite misled, milady,” he said. “Dwarves are warriors, miners, crafters, and hard workers. Some call us unsavory because we may enjoy the ale and the pipeweed and we know how to host a celebration, but we don’t put other people on the menu.”

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:30 pm

(Let’s make sure we transition from one scene to the next smoothly. What I mean is we should make sure we account for where our characters are and who they are with. Like if your character is in their home and they are with their housemates, but then time passes and they are outside, we should make sure we explain that clearly. Like how Balin was having dinner with Aimee, Legolas, and Dwalin and then in the next moment he appears to be talking to everyone about winter, but it’s not quite clear where he’s at and who exactly is with him and how he came to be there. I kinda fixed it by filling in the gaps, but yeah. Just a little tid bit.)

It was getting to be evening when everyone gathered around Balin at the end of the day to hear him speak. It was starting to become a routine to gather in the town square to hear Balin talk about their progress as a colony at the end of each work day. Legolas listened as he stood next to Aimee. “I have been maintaining the health of the forest,” he said. “And as summer leaves, so do the plants and animals associated with it. I will collect the last of the banana and coconut tree wood and fruit before they wither away.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Fili listened to Balin closely. He was upset that Thorin had gone missing and that they were having to continue without him. Thorin, Gretchen, Zaylara, Drizzt, all had vanished without a trace. After Balin’s talk, Fili returned home with Brenna. When they came in, he was surprised to see the house dark. He glanced at Brenna with concern as he lit some candles. “Asphodel is usually the first one home,” he mentioned to the gnome. Almost every evening since they had moved into their new home, the Hobbit had taken it upon herself to hurry home after her farm chores and prepare supper for the household. Sure, lately, she had been taking care of Kili, but since he had been feeling better, she had been resuming her work and tonight, she was nowhere to be found. Fili went over to Kili’s bedroom and knocked. “Brother? Did Asphodel come home yet?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:31 pm

Asphodel groaned as she started to come too. Her head ached and she winced as her eyes fluttered open. She didn’t recognize her surroundings. She was in some kind of shelter. “Kili?” she called out. But as she turned her head, she gasped. “Roy…”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:43 am

(I had actually alreadt said that balin left aimee and legolas. I also said he went back to the durins home. Lets also make sure to read, and/or reread old messages Wink
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:29 am

Aimee smiled as she walked with Legolas back home. The meeting had gone quite well, she had been afraid that the dwarves and Legolas would go head to head, but was pleased to find that they had been civel to one another.

"What would you like for dinner?" she asked her companion as they neared the house. She was planning on making some nice and comforting soup, but sh ewanted to see what Legolas wanted as well.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:05 pm

Alicia chuckled along. " Good to know. Wouldn't that be a funny prank? To have the meat grinded up and molded into a person's body. Then we serve it to everyone here with it looking like it used o be a person?" Alicia laughed wistfully at the thought. " What about tea? Care to share a cup with me?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:09 pm

Brenna frowned to herself. " Yes, she is usually home by now. Wonder what's keeping her. I will go check on her." Brenna tossed the kitchen towel to the side and walked out to the barn where she had last seen Asphodel.
"Asphodel? Where are you? It's getting late." The gnome searched high and low, but could not find a clue relating to Asphodel. Her fists planted on her hips in frustration, she pursed her lips. " Now where had she gone off to?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Oct 15, 2017 4:50 pm

Roy's back was to her. He half turned his head, one eye gazing over his shoulder at Asphodel. " Why yes. It is me. Kili isn't here. Just the two of us as it should be." he said in an eerie calm voice. Roy slowly turned completely towards her. Truly he had spent too much time in Laniholm's colony. " I do hope you've had fun with the dwarves. Seems that way since he's all that is on your mind lately." Roy loomed over her, staring down at her with sharp, dark eyes that looked slightly glassy. " How much fun I wonder... Did he get to see you? Touch you? And if what I hear about dwarves are true, I'll wager the others did too. Gathered around your bed, watching the action, either taking in on it or getting themselves happy onw way or another." Roy continued on. His fists clenched. He ought to do the same thing right now and show Asphodel how no one does it better than a hobbit! He spun on his heels with an aggressive 'harumph.'
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top