Summer year one part 2

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer year one part 2

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:06 am

SOrry for the long delay, I just got a new computer, and I am still working through the grief caused by the death of TOm Petty, so I haven't had the motivation to do much writing, so here goes.

Dwalin made a quick dinner. He frowned to himself as he flipped the ham, something in the air didn't feel right.
"Balin, I am going to check on Fili, Kili, and the lasses," he said to his brother.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Shrikrar raised a brow, “you have an unusual humor,” he said, finding he was enjoying her company. “I will enjoy some tea.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Fili watched Brenna leave to look for Asphodel and came into Kili’s room, “Asphodel hasn’t come home,” he told his brother. “With all the dangers around, it’s alarming.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legolas sat down in the house he shared with Aimee. It was quiet since Gretchen and Drizzt had gone missing. It was just the two of them now.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asphodel glared. “Don’t come near me,” she demanded, scooting away from him. “And what Kili and I have shared is none of your business. He is my betrothed now, not you.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:18 am

Roy snorted. " Of course he is. He's got you wrapped about his finger, and other members, since he seems to have charmed you with niceties about how well you can do things, which by the way has always been a given. Hobbits can outshine a dwarf in nearly anything but brute strength and metalwork and battle. Dwarves were only built for warfare after all. Thy get jealous and envious of what other people have and thus try to take away from them however they can."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:14 am

Alicia smiled wrily at Shikrar's opinion. "Keeps things interesting, to have a wide sense of humor. What are some of the most outlandish stories or rumors you've ever heard?" She asked him while pouring tea for him and her. "We don't have sugar at the moment, but we've got a little honey if you like yours sweetened."

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:15 am

Brenna looked at Fili in worry. " Wait, where is Roy?" She asked slightly panicked.
The gnome ran out of the barn, her eyes searching this way and that frantically. She moved as fast as her little legs could carry her searching for any signs of Roy or Asphodel. Alicia noticed her zip by and asked her what the trouble was. " Asphodel has gone missing, and I'v a notin it was Roy that stole her away!" Alicia's smile faltered to a serious stare of her own. She glared at the house that Roy and Shikrar were residing and with a short 'excuse me', she left to help Brenna search the area of the town. The islander called out for Roy and couldn't find him, confirming the suspicions. Alicia went back to the table where she left Shikrar again. A suspicion in the back of her head growing, wondering if he was involved in this heist. It would not due to jump to too many conclusions with no evidence though. "Well, that's unfortunate...for Roy. Can't believe he'd go so far..." Alicia shook her head.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Brenna was stopped by Balin. " What is it lassie? Calm down and talk to me." He said placing a hand on her shoulder. Brenna explained the situation, and now too Balin was concerned for the hobbit lass. " You and Fili go with Kili. I'm not even going to bother trying to talk any sort of sense into him. You two must go with him to help keep his impulses somewhat under control. The rest of us shall stay and watch the town I'll have everyone get some medical supplies when you all return. Do not take too long however, as I will send a search party if you are still gone by night fall." Balin inwardly cursed. He had a suspision that this could happen and he gritted his teeth at not acting on it. He was not Thorin's best councilor only becuase of his good looks. Balin mentally made it his goal not to ever be so easily taken for a fool again. He scowled at the ground as he went to gather the medical supplies first.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Kili was so rageful, so angry that he sloppily threw on his bow and quivers. he strappedon his boots and clothes, a stream of colorful hateful khuzdul coming from his mouth like lead blocks fired from a sling. His inner fire burned with a blaze as if someone threw oil on it. Never had he ever wanted to wring someone's neck so bad as he wanted for Roy. Truly wantd to cause him to suffer. He did not stop to talk to anyone, as everyone surely knew where he was going. When his eyes did find Shikrar too, he did not hold back his scathing glower or his accusations. " You will be next! If you cannot prove that you didn't have a hand in this I will cut that hand right off myself! This village has been all too kind to strangers. Soon we cannot afford it else it cost us our own lives. Perhaps we should cut our losses and toss out those who only mean us harm." He looked at Alicia. " You best not get so close to him either!" He ranted as he left.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am

Alicia had a deadpanned look after him. " You best watch who you're ordering around like a dog." She growled back. She knew he was upset but she was tired of being peoples' punching bag when they did not appreciate it. She flashed a thin smile to Shikrar. " I hope you and Roy weren't close friends. I've a sour feeling this is a deadly love triangle. Asphodel loves only Kili though."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:22 am

Brenna zipped off after Fili. " Come on boyo. Kili's is going to leave us in the dust and Asphodel is counting on us." She grappled her crosssbow and whatever travel gear she had time and dashed off with Fili to follow his brother.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:03 pm

Kili did not stop for anything more than reading the tracks, relieving himself or trying not to over due it to the point where he'd be exhuasted once he reached Roy. "The bastard. Never have I ever thought I'd wish ill upon a hobbit, of all creatures. Mahal spit on him. Yavanna crush him back into the earth." The archer continued to grumble under his breath. He was happy though, that he wasn't going along and thanked his brother and his soon-to-be wife no doubt, for tagging along.
Eventaully he came across old ruins. Large stone obstacles that looked like ancient and primitive style homes even for dwarves. Trees grew over some and moss dotted about the other surfaces that were more exposed to the elements. He actually kind of liked the old look and would have loved to explore it more when his wife was not in danger any longer. Even the air had a slight rainwater tinge to it. " Where are you hobbit?.." He rumbled as he pulled out his bow and arrow notched.
"We'll fan out and cover more ground that way." Brenna said preparing her crossbow and going left. " You try right Fili."
Kili walked along the path, eyes scanning for any signs of life other than a lizard or frog. Then suddenly he heard Brenna cry out and whirled to face her direction. Brenna was holding her shoulder as she ran back the way she came. Kili only caught a couple of wooden darts hit the ground and nearly missed them had he not been paying attention.
"There's traps all about!" The gnome cried, examining her shoulder scratch.
Fili had fallen into a trap of his own, one that wrapped around his ankle and pulled him upwards upside down. Kili went to go cut his brother down, until suddenly the ground gave way under him. Only his quick reflexes saved him from the dead fall. His face twisted in rage. " ROOOY! Come out and face me and stop with your cowardly tricks!"
Roy gagged Asphodel so that she couldn't scream out. He had his own odd facial expression that He'd surprise himself if someone showed hima mirror. Roy knew from the beginning, one of them was going to die today. Not like this new world had really been very promising to begin with. He'd wished, not for the first time that he was back in the shire and could just say Asphodel got lost and presumed dead. It would still hurt becuase at one time, he was truly in love with her.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Dwalin ran to Aimee and Legolas's house.
Once Aimee opened the door, he entered. "Asphodol is missing," he said to Legolas. "COme elf and be useful, help me find her. Aimee, lock the door, and do not let anybody in, stay here where it is safe and boil some water, there may be injured among us. we shall return as soon as we are able." Aimee nodded.

"Stay safe," she said. "I'll make a big dinner for everyone as well." She did her best to hide her concern as she began her work.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:52 pm

Balin saw Dwalin and Legolas pass by and he flagged them down. " Good you heard what's happened. You two are the rescue team. I do not know where or how long they shall be gone but I told them they had till dusk and I would send people to hunt for them. That's you two. I shall stay here with the lasses and Shikrar when you have to leave. They still have time though."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:29 pm

Asphodel glared, “you’re wrong about dwarves,” she said. “Kili is the most honorable, kind, and brave people I know. And he’d never hurt me the way you did.” She was frightened but she tried her best to hide it. She tried not to shiver, but she continued. “I’ve allowed you to beat me and hurt me long enough. And if you put your hands on me again, Kili will kill you.”

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shrikrar watched her prepare the tea. He was pretty handsome for a dwarf, sandy brown hair and piercing green eyes and a beard he kept braided in a number of intricate beads. “Rumors?” he asked. He pondered. “What would you like to know? About Middle Earth?” he smiled. “Ahh, you haven’t searched the jungle thoroughly enough,” he said. “I know where there is sugar cane growing, but it only grows in summer. Tell me, have you not taken advantage of this tropical summer on this planet? I’ll bet you’ve never had coffee or chocolate, or even tasted fresh vanilla from a vanilla orchid. Unfortunately, all of these things can only be harvested in the summer. We may still be able to find some cacao trees.”

Shrikrar watched Brenna and Alicia and sighed inwardly, “that vile hobbit,” he muttered under his breath. He had better not ruin my plans… he thought. “I never trusted him,” he told Alicia.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili stayed with Kili, trying to keep his brother’s rage from getting the best of him. He got his weapons and armor on and watched his brother do the same, “we’ll find them,” he assured him. “They couldn’t be far.” He ran after Kili and listened as Kili threatened Shrikrar. He couldn’t help but make a few comments himself. “I’ll hold you down for him,” he warned. “And if you have had anything to do with any of the other disappearances, I’ll rip out your spine.”

Shrikrar smirked as the dwarves left and glanced to Alicia, “your friends don’t seem to like me too much,” he commented.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Fili met up with Brenna, “I’m not going to be able to slow him down,” he told her as he gripped his sword and tried to keep Kili’s pace. “I doubt I’ll be able to stop him from doing what I fear is going through his head. Kili’s never taken a life before… besides orcs of course.” He caught up with Kili and listened to him spit out curses and insults. They got to the ruins, “Kili try to keep a clear mind,” he warned. “Don’t do anything you’ll regret.” he started to search the ruins as Brenna instructed and he whirled when he heard her cry. He was unprepared for the surge of emotion that the cry brought him. “Brenna!” he exclaimed, “are you alright!” He grunted in pain when the trap shattered his ankle. He gritted his teeth and gasped out when Kili fell “Kili!” he hurried down through the ruins, following his brother’s voice, making sure Brenna was with him.

Asphodel tried to scream and struggle when Roy gagged her. She managed to bit him on the hand before he gagged her.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:30 pm

Back at the village, Legolas listened to Dwalin and glanced at Aimee, “I’d imagine the young dwarf is quite displeased,” he said as he hurried with Dwalin and listened to Balin, “give them the chance to find her themselves first before we try to rescue them ourselves,” he told Dwalin, agreeing with Balin. “I’d imagine the young dwarves would not welcome our premature interference. I only hope that Kili does not commit a murder.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 am

Roy grimaced at Asphodel's bite. He should have seen that coming really. Ignoring it as best he could, He finished gagging her and tying her still. he continued to watch as Kili and his friends ventured further into the ruins. It was amusing to him to see them waddle about like lost chickens into traps only he knew were there. Roy wathed it all indifferently.
His brother, Fili, would not be able to reach Asphodel, but the gnome was about the same height as a hobbit and so would be the only of the three to be able to. Roy was at the point where he truly didn't care. He just wanted to go out in style. And if Roy was anything at all, he was a hobbit of fine taste.  They triggered another trap, one that rained sharp wooden darts down on their heads that could puncture shoulder or even skull. He snorted as he watched them scatter like scared ducks. Asphodel triggred another trap, The 'fly swatter' that folded over with spikes on one side, impaling it's victim to the ground. She got clipped again, but not mortally wounded. He could tell, it was starting to take a toll one their pschycology. They were paranoid at every turn. While he had the time, he even considered telling Asphodel the truth about Shikrar, but that would ruin his plans. Roy may not be there to see it, but he knew Laniholm wanted to bring that colony under his thumb somehow. 'Even when I'm gone, your troubles will be far from over.' He thought. Finally, the main trap that he was hoping they hit had been sprung. Darts flying about everywhere that even Roy ducked behind a wall to make sure he wasn't hit. These darts were coated in the drow poision that made one sleepy and weak. He knew darves would need more than one dose to feel it's effects and so he made sure to deliver enough. Brenna, being a gnome, didn't need as much, but she got plenty of hits that made even Roy unsure of just how it would effect her in the long run.
'I don't, something's not right..." Brenna moaned, leaning up against an ancient tree.
Kili had also stopped to look at her, despite his tunnel vision for only his bed warmer.
Brenna fell to her knees as if struggling to breathe. " I think...those were...dartsss..." Her spech had begun to slur. Roy squinted his eyes in morbid curiosity.
"Poisioned darts." Kili said, flicking off the few that hit him. As if on cue, he and his brother started feeling it's effects now too. Their movements were slower, on a hobbit's level. About time.
Kili shook his head, obviously trying to fight it off, but the damage had been done. "Your friends had fallen into nearly every trap I set up." Roy turned back to tell Asphodel everything that had happened. " The gnome seems indesposed now. Fili is fumbling about, even worse with his damaged ankle. He can barely stand up. Kili too has been brought down to a more even level with me." He looked back at the plight of the dwarves....and saw no one. All must have gone into hiding? Roy stood up, peering over the ledge on both ends. He couldn't find a trace of them. There was a tap and a scraping of stone, thanks to his own sharo hearing, he turned around then dived right with not even enough time for a gasp of surprise.
Kili was there in an instant, his sword clanking loudly against the stone catwalk. He swung again, and again, one relentless hit after another, metal ringing against stone, four boots shuffling along the green tinted walkway. Roy thought of nothign else but staying out of range until finally the dwarf's rage had been quelched short thanks to the poison. Roy gasped, greedily catchign his breath from his beating heart and assessing any damage done to him. For now it was but cuts and bruises. He looked back up to Kili's shoulder slouching form.
"Where is she?" Kili demanded in a hoarse voice. " What have you done?"
"Hmph. But can you ask...What have I done indeed." The hobbit straightened up. "I evened the playing field shall we say. I picked up a few tricks from the strange drow in the other colony, which by the way, is big enough to crush you all for years before they get tired. I lived a good life. Never bothered anyone. Was a good neighbor and very respectable. All the lasses used to compete for my hand as I competed for the ones I favored. The makers spit on dwarves, the whole lot of them! Mahal created you lot in secret becuase he knew you were not meant to be, not meant to last.-" Roy ducked.
"Be silent!" Kili yelled as he swung. " You know nothing of the world!" He almost smirked at the ironic words. " Nothing at all. You know not even how to treat those you love. You are supposed to treasure them not hurt them. Perhaps it was not entirely your fault, having been raised to believe you better. But you are old enough now to see that you're not." Now it was Kili's turn to backpedal. His movements were hindered still. Roy had pulled out a rather wicked looking short sword and swung for Kili.
"Don't preach to me boy! You may out live me by a few years but I am older in soul and maturity!" Roy yelled back. " Listen to your hypocracy! Tellign me what you think is right by your own culture. So I should follow it too? A Culture that was a mistake and therefore never meant to last. You know the old prophesy. The seventh Durin marks the end of you. You and your people will die off, while mine will still be around for ages."
Kili and Roy traded blow after blow. Roy mostly backing away to keep a good distance between the two. Kili trying to close in to keep Roy on his toes and slip up.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:54 am

Brenna had never felt so helpless in all her life! even when the few times she as sick as a child. SHe could at least pour her own cup of water. Now she feels like she can't even do that. "That hobbit...has not spent his time idly..." Brenna half walked, half crawled to a small alcove for cover. "Roy was up there...could aspho...be there..?" Her words were still slurred. If she were honest with herself, she was scared. What was this poison going to do to her? She loathed things that she had no answers for or knew nothing about. SHe tried to climb the stairs, but had to stop twice before reaching the top. She was confused on which way to go, trying the one ahead first. But it lead to a crumbled porch, so she doubled back to take the left. The dark tunnels made her nervous when she couldn't see what was ahead. At that moment she didn't care how she looked crawling on all fours to get ahead.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am

"Chocoalte? Coffee you say?" Alicia lit up, rubbing her hands. " I admit, I have not had a chance to search the jungle very well at all. But what a delight it would be if we could get some cocoa for chocolte, and coffee to keep us warm during the winter too. You wouldn't happen to know where they are? I would so like to get as much as we can before the ground turns white. You like coffee and chocolate too?" Alicia asked. "Ah really just anything you might have heard that was humorous in your opinion, rumor or not is fine by me.
Alicia's jovial attitude was deflated at watching the trio leave. She was for a moment, torn betwen going with them or staying here. In the end, she chose to stay here. The islander looked at Shikrar when he said he never trusted Roy. For some reason, that was hard for Alicia to believe fully. SUre they may not have gotten along, but they both came from the same place before coming here. Why did she feel like there was more to this then what was letting on? Alicia had no reaction outwardly to how Shikrar felt about Roy. But as far as her friends not liking Shikar, that much she smirked a little to. "Well, I don't need to tell you why or where it's coming from. They've already made that much clear too." She knew she shouldn't be so quick to trust Shikrar either. She was beginning to like him, but knew that she had to keep conviction. She instead chose also not to reveal too much ether.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:55 am

Balin's face was stony. " I don't know laddie. Anything could happen. We can only pray for them and prepare for the worst just in case." Balin was honestly, no longer liking this place as their home anymore. 'Perhaps we ought to consider relocating.' Balin thought to himself.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:02 pm

Fili limped along and saw Brenna stumble about and felt fear course through him, “poison…” he gasped. He didn’t know anything about Drow, he didn’t know if the poison would kill them or not, but Brenna was going down fast. She’d been hit multiple times and she was much smaller than him. But the effects were starting to get to him as well. He tried to pull her along, but his ankle screamed in pain and he could barely stand himself. The world was spinning around him and he blinked, shaking his head to clear the fog.

“Come on,” he told Brenna, trying to help her crawl. He pulled her along with him. He’d lost track of Kili but he heard shouting from somewhere else in the complex and he worried that Kili had caught up to Roy and the battle had begun. The poison didn’t affect him as much after a time and so he was able to keep going, but he wasn’t going to leave Brenna behind.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 14 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum