Summer year one part 2

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer year one part 2

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:03 pm

Shrikrar nodded, “I would be happy to show you where the coffee and cacao beans are,” he said. “The tropical jungle will be overrun by oak and birch trees as autumn sets in, but there may be a few still left. And even if there isn’t, autumn has its own treasures. Acorns, chestnuts, hazelnuts, and of course, apples and berries. Almonds, figs, and even avocados.”

Shrikrar smirked, “I understand your apprehension,” he said. “And dwarves don’t trust easily. But those two brothers… maybe you need to worry about them more than myself. Unpredictable, quick to anger.” He was talking about Kili threatening him, and also, back when Kili was sick, how Fili had come in and manhandled him and threatened him too. He knew full well that the villagers didn’t trust him, and he was trying to turn their trust around. He was secretly glad that Roy had done this. He was beginning to consider Roy’s obsession with Asphodel to be a liability to his interests. That hobbit was bound to do something foolish sooner or later and he hoped that the dwarves killed him, it would make Shrikrar’s job a little easier.“That kind of attitude doesn’t do well out here. You either learn to work together or you don’t survive, those are the facts of life in this world.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Legolas nodded to Balin, “I do hope that the all remain unharmed,” he agreed.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asphodel screamed even though her mouth was taped up. She struggled so hard with her ropes that she fell off the bare mattress Roy had left her on. She wiggled herself across the room, trying to get her way to the exit, but with her arms and legs tied up, she couldn't. She lay there, panic threatening to choke her. She whimpered. She was hungry, thirsty, and cold. She shivered as the window let a drafty breeze in and goosebumps formed all over her skin. She was so scared. Would Roy leave her here to freeze to death? Or would he come back in here and force himself on her? So many thoughts filled her mind when she heard some scratching noises. A bobcat entered the room. It sniffed about looking for food and found the defenseless hobbit. Asphodel tried to remain perfectly still, hoping it would ignore her.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:13 am

Aimee bit her lip as she finished boiling as much water as she could They would need plenty of it, sense there would surely be enjured.
She hoped that they would all be safe. Aimee felt quite out of her dept in this strange world without cars or anything modern.
As much as she tried to believe it, this place wasn't home. She promised herself she would try and find her way back, she had family who missed her afterall. SHe couldn't undderstnad how the rest could simply give up on finding their homes. Did they too not have families back home? I will go back, she whispered to herself, even if I die trying.
She snorted to herself at the dumb dramatic line, but that was honestly how she felt. She missed modern music most of all, Jeff Lynn's ELO was one of her favorite bands. Then there was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers.
"Last dance with Mary Jane
one more time to feel the pain.
I feel summer creeping in and I'm
tired of this town again," she sang. THat was how she felt now, tired of this strange world, and longing to go home.
She felt rahter selfish for thinking these thoughts while everyone else was in danger, but she couldn't help it.

Dwalin frowned to himself as he searched for anybody who was missing. He found some bob cat tracks and decided to follow them, maybe there would be someone that way who needed his help.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Oct 21, 2017 7:49 am

(If you are going to have Dwalin try to find his way to Asphodel, remember thr previos posts. He is too big to reach her where she is right now. Really only Brenna can reach her.)
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:21 am

(Yes and remember Balin instructed Dwalin and Legolas to stay in the village until dusk)
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:46 pm

(but it's all cool if you want Dwalin doing something else in the meantime. For example, he can set traps around the perimeter of the village, he can blacksmith, He can have thoughts on other members of the village that are still there. Right now Balin, Legolas, Aimee, Alicia and Shikrar are the only ones at the village. And don't be shy about adding in some events of your own. Dwalin might start having rat trouble. Or so forth. Smile Laughing

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:50 pm

(Yep! We discussed having revolving plots like we take turns thinking up plots. We also discussed giving each household side plots that don't necessarily involve the whole village. Fili, Kili, Asphodel, and Brenna are one household, Aimee and Legolas are another, and Balin and Dwalin are a third. Alicia and Shrikrar have their own household so probably, their subplots will be tied into Aimee and Legolas's.)
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:01 pm

(Also, we phased Zaylara, Gretchen, Drizzt, and Thorin out of the story. We aren't bringing them back anytime soon, but to add a little mystery, we are saying that they have gone missing. Maybe Shrikrar had something to do with their disappearance? Maybe it was something else? Maybe Alicia, Legolas and Aimee could deal with that side plot?)
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:37 pm

Dwalin frowned to himself as he began some work on fordging weapons, the village would need them he was quite certain.
He didn't like how close ALicia was getting with that strange new dwarf, what if he turned her against them? He seemed the type who would do such a thing. She was a nice lass, but she liked keeping to herself. What if she secretly was turning against them?
He snorted to himself. You are getting as paranoyed as THorin, he thought as he checked on the sword he was working on.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Brenna was not a all ready to go anywhere. She felt more loopy than happy dolphins. And things did not move exactly when she wanted them, like if she wanted her arm to raise, it didn't move until two seconds later. She felt almost as if she had to consiously make herself breathe or she'd forget to. " Fili..." She breathed out. " I'm afraid I'm... down for the count..."
At least she could still think and talk straight for now. "You may need to let me stay here, and either check on your brother or try to find Asphodel."

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:21 pm

Alicia grinned wistfully at the sound of all those good things to bring to the colony. Something about being a provider for your friends just made her feel good. "Getting those things sound amazing. Yes we should go get some while we can. Though it might be best to wait for the others to get back, with or without Roy." Alicia honestly didn't care too much for whatever Roy's fate was. Roy would either die becuase he so wanted to kill Kili, or Kili might defeat him and decide to let him go into the wilds.

Alicia smirked too and side glanced at Shikrar. " I was just thinking about that myself. NOt much seems to bother you on a personal level, seeing as you tend to smirk it off all the time. And while I don't fully disagree with you on working together, the thing is that not everyone is willing to work together or someone, most obvious being Roy, is wanting to sabbatoge things for more selfish purposes. That tends to be a big worry for most people. Not you though eh?" Alicia half grinned. She had a feeling Shikrar was a guy who looked ou for number one. An opportunist much like herself. She knew what that spelled.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Roy and Kili stayed locked in their fight, hardly caring in which direction of the ruins they were in. Kili was stronger, Roy was faster. Kili fought like a warrior, Roy fought like a man who had nothing to lose. That was said to be the most dangerous kind of opponent.
Sweat flew from Roy's face when he jerked. Same with Kili. The hobbit ducked, rolled, pivoted, swung back. He displayed a surprising amount of skill for a guy who looked like he never fought a day in his life.
Kili was growing increasingly frustrated at Roy's easy dodging. "Hmph. You had to resort to dirty tricks like poison just to even the odds."
"If someone wants you dead, no harm in pissing them off even more." Roy replied.
Kili scoffed. " Would that you could have just let bygones be bygones! I don't want to kill you but I will if I must! There could have been another woman for you. One that you'd both be happy-"
"Preaching to me again boy?" Roy smirked humorlessly. "Is that what they train princes to do these days?"
Kili cursed at him. He swung at him in controls swings to at least knock him unable to fight. Roy however, was not of like mind. He swung to kill, forcing Kili to have to either stay on the defensive or retaliate in the same manner. He was torn however. Kili was not a murderer and had no wish at all to bcome one now. But Roy was just such a threat to them...Would it be justified?
The hobbit put in every last bit of energy into this fight, wanting to at least give the dwarf a wound he'll never forget. Neither cared to say any more to each other, until the winning blow came down at Roy. The hobbit grunted in pain, forced to drop his weapon from the explosion of pain. Kili stood there, panting in greedy gasps for breath. He still had that deadly galre on his face, yet he could not move.
Roy sneered. "Stupid boy. i'm going to kill you, and when I do, I'm going back to Asphodel. And I will take her as my wife once again. I will have her start a family with me and be the proper hobbit wife she is supposed to be!"
Kili screamed out, lashign out his sword at Roy. The hobbit barely blocked it, with his arm. His weapon having been dropped and sclattered out of reach. The hobbit cried out in pain too, reaching up with his free arm to vice grip Kili's soft throat. Kili was so stunned at the mortal audacity of the hobbit. Kili struggled to get away from Roy's killing grip. He followed with wailing punches that had both of them spinning to the ground. Roy was not relenting, even as his blood spewed out from his wounds. Kili had no choice. He mustured up all the last of his energy, then with a few last struggles. Roy had finally stilled under Kili's done deal. Kili rolled over, breathing heavily as he lay on his back staring up at the sky.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:08 am

Dwalin continued to mull things over as he worked, the sun was setting by the time he was finished.
THe next mission would be to find the missing members of their group. FIrst, there would be wounded to tend to.
Sighing, he put out the fire, and headed home to wait for any news that might unfold.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:58 am

Legolas returned to the home he shared with Aimee. He found her in the kitchen boiling water and walked up to her. The house seemed empty without their other housemates. “Still no sign of Drizzt or Gretchen,” he said. “Or any of the others that have gone missing. I hope the young dwarves will not become among the missing as well.” He watched her for a moment, “you worry for the fate of the villagers, don’t you.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shrikrar was enjoying his time with this human, perhaps more than he should. He wasn’t supposed to be getting attached after all. “I have a good feeling that the dwarves will return with the girl,” he said. “And when they do, we shall set out for the forest. We can make an expedition out of it.” He nodded to her other comment, “and no, I have nothing to gain by sabotaging this village. After all, I came here to escape Laniholn. Roy was my traveling companion but in truth, I care little for his fate. He is a fool.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili shook his head and hurried to Brenna’s side, “I’m not going to leave you here,” he said.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:59 am

The struggle with the bobcat was short but Asphodel did not come out of it unscathed. The bobcat saw a bound and helpless girl and went right for her, swiping her against her head. She fell backward, feeling warm blood drip down her face. She cried out loudly, both in pain and to let others know where she was. She could only struggle with her ropes and chains as the bobcat swiped at her again and again, tearing her clothing and causing more wounds. She managed to wrestle with it and as she fell against the wall, the weight of her body caused a pile of brick that had been perched on the shelves above to come crashing down on her and on the bobcat. THe bobcat received a few injuries and decided it wasn’t worth the trouble, then climbed out the window and disappeared. Asphodel cried out when a few bricks struck her hard in the side, bruising a rib or two. But when the dust settled, she lay there, gasping, wondering if she would die in this room. She screamed out at the top of her lungs, “HELP! HELP!!!” hoping beyond hope that someone would hear her.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Aimee smiled in Legolas's direction.

"Yes, I do," she replied, moving her final pot to the side. "I hope there won't be any wounded tonight. I am less worried now that you are back safe." SHe continued to smile.
"You are quite observant, I rather like that.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:44 pm

Kili couldn't believe it. He lay there, next to Roy's lifeless form. His own mind as blank as teh cloudless sky. For a moment he just lay there until he saw two birds fly by, reminding him of his own love. Kili pushed himself upwards. Wobbly legs moving slowly, he moved his way back to where he had last seen his brother and Brenna. Hopefully they had found Asphodel by now. " Brother.." Kili said when he finally saw him. He almos would have smiled had it not been for the worried look on Fili's face. Then he saw Brenna, looking far more pale than normal. Kili too frowned in concern.
Brenna shook her head, forcing herself up. " No way. I am not letting some rinky dink poison stop ne so easily." She hoarsed out. Her head whipped up when she heard the echoes of some sort of cry for help. " Asphodel!" The gnome replied and surged clumsily foward. " This tunnel. I can crawl through it." Without another word, she crawled inside the small tunnel. " you know i think this might have been a garbage shoot at one time.." she grumbled at seeing a few old stains. Asphodel? is that you?" She said as she finally crawled out through the end. " Oh thank goodness you are alright." Brenna rushed over to help the hobbit out of her bonds and take her back to the princes.
Kili was so happy to see her so well. he gathered her in his arms and looked her up and down. " Let's get back to the village." He said with a sigh. The four slowly but surely made their way back to the village where an anxious Balin was waiting. He broke into a smile finally when they returned. " Oh thank Mahal. Come let's get you all taken care of."

Brenna had to lean onto Fili just to continue walking in a straight line. Balin helped them over to their makeshift healing ward to be tended to. " Hmm. I am no healer like Oin, but since it is poison, our next bet is to use echinacea and green pine needles into a blended tea and have the three of you drinking that every chance ya get." Balin excused himself a moment to go to Aimee. " Will ya help me make these flowers and leaves into a tea lassie? Make a whole pitcher if you can for the lads and Brenna to drink through out the day will ya?" He smiled in gratitude to Aimee.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:54 pm

Alicia smiled brightly. " Ah, just so!" She aggreed when seeing the four finally make it back to the village. " They look like they've been doing more than a rescue mission though. Must've been a surprisingly fierce fight Roy put up. And not so surprising, he isn't there." Alicia said with a lack of sympathy. She pursed her lips. " I suppose it couldn't be helped."
She cleaned up the makeshift tea set they were using to enjoy the nice brew. " Weeell, if you're still up for it, an expedition sounds like a grand idea. Shall we away?" Alicia joked with a qoute from popular plays as she stood up. Alicia grabbed a few empty burlap sacks and a basket too. " You have any favorite dishes of your own? What do you like to do or eat when the big winter comes on this new new world?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:59 pm

Aimee smiled at Balin and began making the tea.
She hoped that they would be all right in time. I also hope we can survive this arctic winter, she thought. In Oklahoma, temps didn't get that cold, they barely even got snow most Winters. The last blizard she could remember was back in 2007, they didn't get snow the year before.
Sighing, she threw herself into making the tea. Staying busy was how she fought off any worry she was dealing with.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:03 pm

Balin hummed, pursing his lips. " With any luck, we'll have enough of this to last us the whole winter and even mid spring." He only really knew the basics it took for a soldier or warriors to patch themselves up and keep going. That and how to stave off the more common sicknesses out there. out of the corner of his eyes he saw aimee's frown. "What's troubling you lass? If I may be so bold as to ask?" he smiled. " Heh heh, the tea is too strong?" he joked for humor's sake.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Legolas tried to offer her some comforting words. “We’ve all been uprooted from where we came from,” he said. “It can be unnerving and the longing for home is strong. I know I long for my forest. I am most at ease when I am among the trees. But perhaps its important that we focus on the bonds of friendship that are forming here.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Shrikrar nodded, smiling at Alicia’s enthusiasm. “I’m ready when you are,” he said. “Don’t forget to invite Legolas and Aimee. I have never heard of an elf who isn’t fond of trees.” He thought about her last question. “Ah I am a simple dwarf,” he said. “I enjoy cooking over an open fire, the taste of the smoke on meat is appealing.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top