Summer year one part 2

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer year one part 2

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:23 pm

Fili helped Brenna lay down on the bed in the healing ward. He felt nauseous and weak himself but struggled to stay awake, wanting to make sure Brenna and Kili were okay. He was just glad to be back and he was glad that Asphodel was alright. “How do you feel?” he asked Brenna.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:24 pm

Asphodel whimpered a little as she clung to Kili. She lay on her own bed. She hadn’t been poisoned, but blood trickled down the side of her face menacingly and the wounds on her body stung. She’d been in that room exposed to the elements and she shivered. “You found me,” she said softly, wincing in pain. “He… is he gone? Is he going to come back after me? I never thought he would go so far. He wanted to…” Swallows, “if you hadn’t have come when you did, I don’t know how far he would have gone…”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:21 pm

Aimee sighed as she put down the teapot.
"Look, I like you all very much, but I need to get home as soon as it is possible to do so.
My family back home are probley worried sick about me, I don't even know how much time has past sense I have gotten here. If there is a way for me to get back home, I am sure as hell going to try. I can't leave my family thinking I am dead ro kidnapped. In the meantime, I had a thought I have been pondering. I think we could make life here simpler by installing solar pannels. That means taking energy from the sun to power our homes. It will take tiem and patience to do, but I think it can be done."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:23 pm

Kili helped Asphodel back to their home, still wobbly as he was, he did not stop until they were both safe in their homes, then collapsed on the couch. "No love. Roy will bother no one ever again..." He sighed out. "Don't worry. Nothing is going to harm you as long as I have something to say." Kili sighed.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:32 pm

Alicia excused herself from Shikrar to knock on Legolas and Aimee's house, inviting them to the expedition to search for the last of the summer/fall crops before the winter sets in. She went back to Shikrar to wait for them if they wanted to come.

"Smoked meat? Good that you like that then. I believe that will be our main method of cooking so that our meats can last us throughout the winter." Alicia replied with a small smile. She wondered more and more about this dwarf. Even if he didn't like Roy, didn't mean to say he didn't have qualities similar to him. Alicia was perhaps more curious about their newest guest than she should be, but she did want to know more about him before she opened too much to him. "How about we make it a game? Who ever brings back the most crops wins?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:39 pm

Balin nodded at Aimee's words. Though he did not feel any more moved by them since they were all feeling that way already. EVERYONE wanted to go back home. The problem was that it didn't matter how much wishing they did, they just did not have the means yet to make that happen. No one was even sure just how they got there to begin with. Balin was always good with nearly everyone though and he knew it. He simply smiled kindly to her. " As we all lass. No one here would stop you should you actually find a way back home. Now that solar power you mentioned, I think I rather like that idea. but for what would we use the power on? we do not need it for cooking as we have ovens." Balin ran a hand through his long beard. He did remember one time just playing with his eye glass idly, then the bright spot on a leaf started to smoke and burn into a small fire. his white brows quirked up. Now that would be an excellent defensive measure to add to our system. He thought to himself about how they might make a large eyeglass to burn enemies. "Yes, we would appreciate the solar power methods while you are here with us."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:56 pm

Aimee smiled at him.
"For one thing, we can use it to heat our homes, we can bueld little heating box type things that run on solar power. It would be way safer than fire places, less of a chance on catching the home on fire.
We can also buels stoves for cookign that use solar power. You will be able to cook much faster because they run on the sun, and you don't have to worry about lighting fires." She smiled at the thought as she finished making her next pot of tea for the wounded.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:05 pm

Balin did like these ideas for the most part. " To heat our homes and cook food in more ways than one is a good idea. Though let us not completely deter from using fire lit stoves eh? We still need fire for some things. especially at night to keep our homes warm since the solar power will only work for day time. oh, Alicia just came by. SHe asked if you and Legolas wanted to go on the little expedition with her and Shikrar."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:22 pm

"I would like to come, if Legolas wishes to as well," Aimee replied, nodding in agreement at Balin's suggestion.
"It could be fun."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:48 pm

Balin pointed to the barn. " They are waiting for you there then if you want to go."

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:20 am

Legolas nodded at Aimee, “I want to get home too,” he said. “Mirkwood is in trouble and I’m not there to help. No one knows how we came to be here or how to get back but I assure you, if a way exists, we will find it and we will all get back to where we belong.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:21 am

Asphodel made some tea and came back over to the couch and put her head on Kili’s shoulder, resting in his arms for a bit. “Thank you for rescuing me,” she said.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:22 am

Shrikrar gathered some baskets, “I do enjoy challenges,” he said. “Should we take a pony? To bring our findings back?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legolas listened to the solar power idea too. Being from middle earth, he didn’t quite understand the concept of electricity so he tried to follow Aimee’s words. “How would we get this… electricity into the village?” he asked. He glanced at Balin, “expedition?” he turned to Aimee, “I would love it if you would accompany us to the forest.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili returned home with Brenna and found Kili and Asphodel on the couch, “is everyone alright” he asked. He helped Brenna sit down too. “Does anyone want anything to eat?” He was incredibly exhausted from the whole ordeal, but his housemates were shaken and distant so he wanted to do something to take care of them.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:09 pm

Kili nodded once slowly. " You ought to know by now, I wouldn't not leave you to any undesirable fate if I could help it. " he tried wiggling his fingers. They felt like each had some extra lead weight on them that made it more difficult to move. " That poison... I cannot wait yill it finally wears off."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:14 pm

"Yes. Pony would be a great idea." Alicia agreed. Alicia went to get a pony ready while Shikrar got the baskets and any other supplies they might have needed. She smiled to Legolas and Aimee when they came to join. " we are having a friendly contest. Who ever brings back the most provisions is the winner. Just for funzies. Our pony friend here can help carry the supplies back in case our own hands get full." She headed our of the barn, looking back ovee her shoulder. "Ya'll coming or do I get a head start?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:25 am

Aimee smiled at Legolas.
"The electricity comes from the sun," she explained. Solar panels convert the sun's rays into electricity by exciting electrons in silicon cells using the photons of light from the sun. it then can be used to suply renewable energy for our village." She looked in his direction as they left their house.
"I am also sorry for snapping at you earlier, I know you were just trying to help. I've just been feeling on edge lately, everything about this world is vastly different to my own."

Just to let you guys know, I won't be able to roleplay during November, I am doing National novel writing month, so I will be quite busy with that. You guys can continue without me if you want to, and I will see you when the month is done.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:19 am

Ok. Can we say that Aimee and Legolas are joining the other missing people for now? That way when you come back we can say they managed to find their way back. Also, I'm starting a new thread since this one is getting full.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:22 am

All right, that sounds like an awesome idea to me. I will see you all later.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 14 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic View next topic Back to top