Summer year one part 2

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Summer year one part 2

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:01 pm

Gretchen smirked, “I’m not particularly violent either,” she said to Aimee, “but some people… some people deserve it.” She thought of the orphanage she lived in and the man who was in charge of it. She looked towards Drizzt, “some people cannot change. I hope he doesn’t do anything to Asphodel… she seemed terrified the moment she saw him.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Shrikrar rolled his eyes, “your business with anyone is no concern of mine,” he said irritably, “so long as it doesn’t interfere with my plans. If at any it does, I won’t hesitate to make you pay.” He walked over to the window of their house and noticed Alicia walking back to her home. He watched her for a moment, silently contemplating their next move.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili gasped at seeing the setup too and his eyes went wide when he saw the pipeweed. “Pipeweed!” he exclaimed with delight. “I’ve never seen a more welcome sight!” He hurried to his room to retrieve his pipe, the one he carried with him everywhere. He glanced towards Brenna, “have you ever tried pipeweed?” he asked a little shyly, “the experience is best shared. If you aren’t too busy,” He’d set up some chairs in the front of the house so they could sit and watch the sunset.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asphodel gasped at Kili’s words. She grinned ear to ear, “I accept of course!” she said. “Perhaps we are moving fast, but I don’t care. If we were at home on Middle Earth, perhaps I would, there would be more to consider but…” she realized then what she truly wanted in life. “I… I hope we never go home. I’m happy here. I miss the shire but… this is my shire. I have everything I could possibly want here. So yes, I will marry you.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:33 pm

Brenna smiled. " pipeweed eh? Sure. I think i dhall try some for myself." Brenna said as she followed Fili to his chosen spot for smoking. She mimicked him in taking the first puff and already coughed a little. " and why is this considered enjoyable?" She joked.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 23, 2017 7:38 pm

Kili felt like any second now he was about to cry the biggest tears of joy he had ever let loose. He wrapped Asphodel in a big embrace, right off the ground and twirling her as he spun. "You have made me the happiest dwarrow in both this world and middle earth. Only others that could be as happy as me are those who happened to propose the same time as myself. Heh heh heh. Oh Asphodel! I knew you were my one! I want to spend the rest of our lives together, i dont care where we are. Even if the valar and morgoth's realm both put up the no vacancy signs on their door, i will follow you to the dark."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:06 pm

Drizzit smiled kindly to Gretchen. " true words spoken my friend. I can vouch for it. As I havr spent tge first hundred years od my life with people who would not change even after a centuey or two."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:35 pm

The next morning, Alicia got up early this time, thanks to her natural alarm clock. She went to the kitchen and realized she didn't have much food in her own stocks. How embarrassing. The islander peered down to the main house, wondering if Balin and the others have woken up. She got dressed and went over to visit. To her relief, Balin was up, even making breakfast.
"Good morning Balin." She greeted.
"Ah, a good morning it is my lass. Come and join me aye?" The old dwarf smiled.
Alicia did help set the table and helped with breakfast he was making. " What's on your agenda today?" Balin asked as he sat down with her.
" I will be restocking my own food wares, and I've a small project, if Thorin has the time to make it, I'd like to test out. So for me, all about getting my pantry restocked." Alicia answered. "And you?"
"I've a few leathersmith projects to complete that I started yesterday. And whatever else I might be of assistance to others in the process." Balin answered. "Have you no food at all in your home? Silly girl why did you not say so earlier?" He gestured to their pantry. " Come and take what you want."
"Kind of you Balin, I might take you up on that offer but first I'd like to try to restock on my own."
"Fine fine. If you must but you'll come back if you've not sufficient wares aye? That goes for the rest of our colony too I daresay." Balin dotted.
Alicia got up to help clean the mess, thanking Balin with a hug before leaving, she grabbed up her fishing gear and started for the river first.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:38 pm

Kili fell asleep with dreams of crafting a ring for Asphodel. But his dreams tended to skip a lot and so in the morning he didn't have much ideas to go on. No matter, he can ponder it for the rest of the day. In the kitchen he had a little of the ale Asphodel had made them. " What kind of wedding traditions do hobbits have or like? We dwarves use the braids and beads in our hair, and during courting we each trade gifts throughout the courtship until the official day of marriage. Some of us don't even really have a big ceremony like others. It's just done with one simple braid and done."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:43 pm

Brenna found herself smiling more around Fili. She really liked how he had stood up to Dwalin's flirts and grumblings about her. " I think, your brother and Asphodel may be on to something. I would not be adverse to the two of us courting for a while, see where it takes us." The gnome grinned to the dwarf prince.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Laniholm sipped at his wine as he watched two trolls wrestling for his entertainment for the day. By now the halfling and the dwarf should have made it into Drizzit's colony. Of course getting there was the easiest part. Now all he merely needed to do was wait. Drow were patient attackers. He could wait for years if he had to. Once the troll fight was complete and the victor declared, Laniholm enjoyed the rest of his wine before retiring into his bed chamber for another kind of entertainment of a more, private means. He felt like he had already won. The bugs across the river can enjoy crawling in the mud as long as they liked. Laniholm fantasized about them being his personal slaves. He'd transform them into other creatures to do his biding even. Or play with their dreams. It felt so good to be on such a high right now.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:58 pm

Gretchen sat down in their home and glanced at Drizzt, “tell me about where you lived?” she asked curiously. “You said once that it was a female dominated society, but it was different than a gnomes?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Fili smirked at Brenna trying out the pipeweed, “it's an acquired habit, I suppose,” he said. “You don’t have to bother with it but I hope you don’t mind if I partake.” He sat there with her, talking about growing up in the Blue Mountains and her life on the tundras of Faerun. They sat there and talked pretty much most of the night. “Whaling, deep sea fishing, caribou hunting” he commented. “You’ve led such a life of adventure. I hope life here isn’t too simple.” He heard the last part about courting. “I’d like that,” he said, looking her in the eyes. “To see where things lead us. I like you, Brenna. I enjoy being with you. You’re bold, courageous, independent, and kind. I know you are used to taking care of yourself and not letting others rule over you and for that, I admire you.” With that, Fili reached into his pocket and pulled out a beautiful piece of sapphire that he had carved into the shape of a fish, “here,” he said. “I found a bunch of mineral deposits in the forest and I’ve been working on this for you. Dwarves give jewels like this to those they court because precious gems like sapphire are considered sacred to Mahal. So… please accept this jewel.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:59 pm

Thorin came out of his room that morning to find Alicia and Balin, “Dwalin isn’t up yet?” he asked as he helped them with breakfast.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:00 pm

Asphodel made breakfast of eggs and potatoes and sat down next to Kili, “do you think the others will approve of our engagement?” she asked. “Including your Uncle? Are you going to tell him?” She thought about Kili’s question, “hobbit’s lives center around agriculture,” she explained. “Our courtship and bonding rituals reflect that. And Hobbits never give up a chance to have a celebration. During courtship, the couple exchange gifts of plants and animals. On the wedding day, the entire shire gathers while the couple celebrates their bond by planting a tree. The spirit of the tree is said to represent our eternal bond. It’s usually a fruit or nut tree so that the entire shire can benefit from the couple’s love for one another.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:51 pm

Dwalin dreamed of Bilbo's fish and chips as he slept.
He snorted awake, seeign Alicia waving a plate of food in fronto of his nose. Grinning at her, he took it and began to eat.

Legolas helped Aimee prepare a veggie omlit feast. He quite enjoyed watching her cook. She was quite skilled at it.

"Who tought you the art of cooking?" he asked her.

"Oh, I kind of tought myself," she replied. "My parents devorced when I was really young, so it was my Dad who raised us all."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:33 am

Drizzit's lips had a small smile gracing it as he sat down with Gretchen. He wasn't entirely sure just how much he wanted to share with this kind girl of his dark world. He glanced once even at Legolas and Aimee, knowing that they would not be happy to hear of his heritage either.

" Aye. It is different than that of gnomes, by far." he started with a sad sigh. "The Drow's Goddess is the spider queen demoness. And as you might guess, it is not a peaceful society. We live underground, deep under round where it is difficult, even for dwarves to get to. Our diet is more carnivorous than vegetarian. The Houses are ruled by the matriarch and one of their favorite past times is torture. To tell a lead female not to torture is almost like telling a bird not to fly. Thanks to our ways of having gown used to the Underdark, the sun and bright lights blinds us easily." Drizzit sighed forlornly to himself. " We do not get to choose our lives, but we do get to choose how we live them."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:15 pm

"Your species of elves is far different than mine," Legolas said.
"We had kin slayings in the far past, but we do not torture one another, that is foul play done by orcs and their ilk." He flipped the omlits onto a serving platter, and brought it to the table.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 1:58 pm

Alicia smiled at Dwalin in kind as he sat down to enjoy his own rations. " sleeping in every once in a while is recommended for adequate slumber. Thorin, Ive a new idea I wanted to present for everyone to chew on. Ever heard of a dehydrater? Basically a copper or aluminum box with removable trays. We can use wood, but metal would make the process much faster. The idea is to dehydrate foods to last us throughout the winter. Same process as making jerky, but we can do it with vegetables and fruits too. I drew up the schematics laat night if youre interested." Alicia shared with the three dwarves in the room.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:00 pm

"Aye, that sounds like a smart idea," Dwalin replied. "I do not see how it would not work."

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:02 pm

Balin nodded. " aye. We can at least give it a try." He smiled.

Alicia clapped her hands together. "Wonderful!"

Drizzit took a pull of water. " yes. As I have forwarned. All the good rhings you might know of elves, recerse it to bad, and you hace a drow. By family, I am one, but by heart no. I never developed the same, tastes, as most drow. Thus I am The infamous renegade.'
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:27 pm

Thorin nodded, "that would be a very useful thing to have," he agreed.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:31 pm

Gretchen listened to Drizzt, "a renegade," she said. "Well, I know what it's like to be seen as unwanted by your family. My mother died when I was 13. My father remarried a woman he'd been seeing behind her back. The woman had a daughter and the two of them became the favored ones... I was treated as a servant. My step sister's personal slave, until my father sold me into human trafficking so he could pay for my step sister's new car. I was 17 when that happened and I had to live in the orphanage."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:31 pm

Drizzit frowned even more so. " i am afraid i am unfamiliar with the term 'car'. But, you mean tobsy your fatger sold his own flesh and blood for a tool essentially?" Driizits thin brows went up in surprise, then slowly descended back down in his usual stoic face. He didnt feel the need to say sorry for her, as Gretxhen did not seem like the girl who had a high appreciation for pity. "Your farher, were he female, would fit right in with the matriarchs in the drow society it seems."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:24 pm

"It's a mechanical thing used for transportation" Gretchen explained. "And yeah... my father and I never really got along. You see, my mother come from an ancient line of Cornish miners and farmers. Cornish hasn't been spoken in Cornwall for 200 years, but there are a few who are part of a revivalist movement. My mother and grandmother were among these revivalists and they made it a point to only speak Cornish to me. My father resented it because he never learned it. He feels those of us who are of Celtic origin are inferior. I don't know why he married my mother but I'm not sure he really loved her, he thought of her as beneath him. Because she was Cornish. When she got sick... he started seeing this woman from London. That's how it all started..." Gretchen sighed, "at least I'm away from him. And it's quite nice here."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top