Autumn year one

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Autumn year one

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:20 am

Asphodel smirked and looked at Kili, “well when you are feeling better, I shall reward you for coming to my rescue.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Autumn year one

Shrikrar led them into the forest. It took a bit of hiking, but they finally found a copse of trees bearing cacao beans and coffee beans. “This is probably the last of the coffee trees for the season,” he said. “But the autumn trees are in full harvest.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Legolas nodded, “I understand, milady,” he said to Aimee. “This world is unsettling to all of us.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Nov 01, 2017 10:21 am

Fili came over and sat next to Brenna, “I’m glad we got her back safely,” he said. “How are you feeling?” He winced as his ankle began to protest his movement.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:54 am

Kli smiled tiredly. " Oh? And what kind of reward?" Kili said to Asphodel.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:58 am

Alicia gently plucked the coffee cherries from the tree to start filling the first basket. " This will be a huge advantage for the cold mornings and nights. Thanks for finding these for us Shikrar." Alicia said as she harvested. She glanced at him once. " Your house, is it set up for the harsh winter?" she asked if he needed anything he might be short on.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Nov 02, 2017 10:59 am

Kili sighed at Fili's question. "I'm.... tired. Tired of the unpredictability of this world." He said, now that his nerves and the adrenaline had died down, he was both physically and mentally exhausted. This place was beginning to lose it's charm.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:55 pm

Asphodel smiled. “Well you shall see when you have recovered and are strong enough to handle my surprise,” she said a little mischievously. “Until then, would you like me to bake you some bread?”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shrikrar collected cacao beans, “cacao beans can be processed into chocolate,” he explained to Alicia. He shrugged, “we still have a month or so before we can expect the first snows,” he said. “But it would be a good idea to make sure all the houses in the village are repaired properly to prevent drafts and that the fire places and wood burning stoves are in working order.” He glanced around the forest, noticing the two of them were alone. “It would seem that Legolas and Aimee have wandered off,” he said.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Fili sighed long and hard as he listened to his brother. He reached out and gripped his brother on the shoulder. “I know,” he said sympathetically. He tried to think of what he could say. Then, it dawned on him. He knew what might make Kili feel better. “Brother, come with me,” he insisted. He took Kili to his own bedroom upstairs. There, on the small wooden dresser, was a tray of uncut jewels. “I found these jewels, gems, and crystals,” he said. “I enjoy working them into jewelry as a hobby. I think one of them would make a great gift to Asphodel. Pick one out for her and I’ll carve it into something for you.” Fili knew Kili would understand the significance. Dwarves exchanged jewels as an engagement gift. This would symbolize in a more formal way that Kili and Asphodel are engaged to be wed.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:58 pm

While Fili and Kili were upstairs, Asphodel moved over to Brenna, “thank you for coming to my rescue,” she said softly. She wanted the chance to be closer to Brenna. They came from different cultures, but they were both women and they both lived with dwarves. She smiled at Brenna and glanced in the direction of the stairs where Fili and Kili had gone. “I wonder what secrets they are discussing,” she said to Brenna with a smirk.

(Adeleidhis, can you keep playing Brenna? Kitcat is taking the month off for writing and she wasn't feeling comfortable playing Brenna just yet so could you keep playing her until Kitcat feels comfortable?)
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Kili grumbled the whole time as he got up to follow his brother. He was a little happy to see the jewels. " Well, at least there are things that remind us of home. I'll pick this one." He said as he picked up the chosen gem. "Aye this one will be perfect. Hmm, but what do you think she'd like more? A hair clasp or a necklace?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:29 pm

Brenna smiled to Ashpodel. " It's no trouble. Just happy we made it all back in one piece." The gnome looked up stairs to where the brothers had disappeared. " Who knows...But I'm sure we shall find out in good time too. By the way, what do you think of this? I had Alicia work on the dyes and the fabric I wanted. Then we put it together to form this. It is a popular style in my home tundra. It's a pashmina scarf. I made it for Fili, and if it turned out alright I would make one for everyone."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:38 pm

Alicia was looking forward to making some chocolate for everyone to enjoy. "Yeah, that much is a given. We've been collecting firewood since we first came to this village, so thankfully we have a good stock on that at least. I assume you've investigated your own home? Did you happen to see if it needed anything fixed up for the winter? I can help with it if you'd like." She offered. Alicia turned around just in time to see a brown bear shuffling around. She pointed to it behind the dwarf. " Shikrar...a bear." She whispered a she stood up. No doubt it's already detected them thanks to it's amazing sense of smell. The bear grumbled, shuffling and swinging it's great head.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:45 pm

Fili handed Kili the beautiful green emerald. He nodded, “a hair clasp would be nice. She has very curly hair. I have been collecting gold and silver in my workshop, I could weld you something.” Fili looked around and his eyes settled on the dresser in his room. “You should continue with your furniture carpentry, brother, you are very skilled.” He smirked. “I tried to carve Brenna a boat and it didn’t quite come out as well as I’d hoped. I’m the stone carver, you are the woodworker. Maybe we can give this house and the village a dwarven feel. A touch of home.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Asphodel looked over the scarf Brenna had made, “it's very nice,” she said. She smiled at the mention of Fili. “Do… you have feelings for Fili? Romantic ones? I’ve seen the two of you spending a lot of time together.”
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Nov 02, 2017 6:46 pm

Shrikrar whirled to see the bear. Quickly, he put a hand on his weapon. “Be careful,” he said slowly, “back away slowly.” He watched wearily to see if the bear became violent, and had his hand on his sword, prepared. He even moved a little protectively towards Alicia, intending to defend her. He realized that he was starting to enjoy her company a little too much and now, the idea of her becoming injured was unpalatable. In reality, Shrikrar didn’t really care what happened to the other members of the village. He had no love for any of them, especially the two brothers. But he didn’t want anything to happen to Alicia.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:41 pm

Kili chortled quietly. " Aye a hair clasp would be something different. Perhaps I should make jewelry boxes for al of us in the colony. And don't worry about the boat. I'll see to the monstrosity and fix it for her." Kili said with a tired smile. " You know, I think I am going to sleep for a while before I do anything else again."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:43 pm

Brenna shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly. " Eh, I suppose I am growing fond of him. Don't think I'd be adverse to a few dates."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:54 pm

The bear grunted and rumbled about, sniffing at the ground, eyeing the two 'strange creatures' ahead of it.

It looked as if it was a young adult male perhaps intending to feign a charge to see what they would do.
Alicia watched the bear with fascination and wariness. She silently did as Shikrar had instructed, slowly backing away. She was a little surprised at Shikrar putting himself between her and the bear. She appreciated his chivalry, but if that bear chose to charge, what was he going to do? That bear could toss him about like a ball. But he did bring his sword, and she a dagger...but still. Her eyes snapped up when the bear growled loudly and did in fact charge at them. Alicia pulled out her dagger, in case the bear wanted to fight or just spook. If Shikrar wasn't going anywhere, she certainly wasn't going to leave him to take on a bear by himself! What if he got severely injured?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Nov 07, 2017 9:09 am

Fili nodded, “thanks, brother,” he said. “About the boat. I want Brenna to be able to use it to get to the ocean when she wants to. She’s used to being out on the ocean in her homeland and I’m sure she misses it. With this boat, the trip down the river to the sea would only take an hour or so.” Fili agreed it was time to get some sleep.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asphodel smiled, “well maybe you should ask him,” she suggested. “I’m sure he’d say yes.” Asphodel assumed that courtship was probably initiated by women in a female-dominated society like the one Brenna came from. And in a gender equal society, like the one dwarves came from, it probably didn’t matter.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shrikrar saw the charge and had his sword in hand in seconds, ready to defend himself and Alicia. He swiped at the incoming bear thinking that if anything, he might look forward to fresh bear meat. He was an expert with the sword and if the charging bear kept coming it would certainly have a fight on its hands.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Brenna mulled it over in her head as she held the gift in her hand for Fili. " Aye. Why not?" She agreed and went up to talk to Fili. She knocked on the door, even though it was open, just to announce her presence. " Good evening elder prince." she started. " Sooooo...." she drawled as she walked in. " I made this for you." She held out the styled pashmina scarf to Fili. " We wear them often where I'm from. helps keeps icicles off your face." She chuckled quietly. " AH and, I wanted to ask you, Could I court you?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Nov 07, 2017 12:28 pm

Alicia wasn't sure what to do yet, as the bear pulled up short when he saw the swipe of the sword. He roared and grumbled, feigning its own swipes. The creature was just a young bear still however and was only showing off. Until it saw that neither SHikrar nor Alicia was moving, the bear had given up easily and lumbered off with a huff. Alicia was able to breathe easy now that the potential threat was gone. " Thank goodness that didn't get any worse. Would have been a shame to end it when it's not even full grown." Alicia said with a half smile. She looked at Shikrar then and smiled bigger. "Don't you think I would have let you suffer, or have all the fun, to yourself." Alicia half joked. "Would that have even been the first bear you ever fought?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top