Autumn year one

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Autumn year one

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:04 am

Fili was just getting ready for bed, his ankle ached a bit and he was eager to get off of it. He perked up when Brenna came in though. He smiled at the scarf, “a thoughtful gift,” he said. “Thank you.” To her question about courtship he only smiled more, “I thought you’d never ask” he said jokingly. “Yes… I would like for us to court.”

Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Asphodel finished her talk with Brenna and went to bed herself. She yawned as she crawled in beside Kili and curled up next to him. “I hope my animals are okay,” she said. “And my crops. I haven’t been able to care for them during my captivity.”

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shrikrar shook his head, “no I’ve encountered them before,” he said. “Most times, they are not aggressive, but you should never approach a young cub because mother bears can be very aggressive. Bears are common around this time of year and, well… they taste pretty good.” He smirked at his last comment.

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:59 am

Brenna smiled. " Well then. That settles that. You think Balin and Dwalin would approve? Maybe we ought to start planning a wedding for your brother and Asphodel eh?" She half joked as she stretched. SHe grabbed a few pillows to set them at the edge of the bed. " here. We will keep your ankle elevated for a while and we will keep an eye on it."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:01 am

Kili smiled lazily. " Oh I'm sure they're alright. Not like we've been gone for very long. Dwalin doesn't know a thing about crops, Balin might know a few things, but for the basic watering, they can take over when you're busy."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:22 am

Alicia balked at Shikrar. " Do they really taste good? Ha! I can imagine that being some of the toughest meat one could ever have. Perhaps if here are any in the oceans, I might catch us some listupon. I guarantee you've never had a meat like that before. By the way, I think I'm ahead so far on our harvesting." She held up the sack in her hand. " How do you feel about being beat by a girl?" She joked again for the light heartedness.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Fili sighed, "Dwalin might not approve," he said. "If Uncle were here, he'd certainly not approve... of his heir courting a gnome... but we are a long way from Erebor. We may never get back and maybe we need to start thinking about our lives here in this world." He smiled at Brenna, resting his throbbing ankle on the pillows. He'd been trying to keep his full weight off of it, but it had been impossible to avoid it all together and now it was certainly hurting. "Don't worry about what the older dwarves might say about us. It is their choice to approve or disapprove, but this is our household and under this roof, you, me, Kili and Asphodel are the rulers."

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:27 pm

Asphodel snuggled with Kili, enjoying the warmth and feeling content. "I'm eager to resume my duties," she said. "There is much to do before winter comes."

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:33 pm

"Bear meat is very gamey," Shrikrar said. "But good on a cold night. And I would be interested in learning what this listupon might taste like." He hauled their harvest onto the ponies and shrugged at her last comment, "is 'being beat by a girl' considered a negative thing in Human society? I'm afraid I've never heard that expression before." Before he prepared to leave, he ducked behind a log real quick, leaving Laniholn a message updating him on what has happened so far before returning to her. "Shall we return? Do you think Legolas and Aimee went back to the colony ahead of us?"

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:01 pm

Brenna flopped down on the other side of the bed. " Oh I wasn't saying we needed their approval. Just that things are nicer when everyone is in agreement about a very important choice." She exhaled as she stretched her sore muscles. " Doesn't seem like we have much choice other than looking at lives here. Though, I would like it if we get to explore the world a little more and see if there are other, friendly neighbor about." She yawned.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:19 pm

Kili played with Aspohodel's hair. " Aye. there is much to prepare for. Tomorrow we will all get together, and we'll sort out everything we need to get done amongst each other first and foremost. Then we can have everything we need to survive a winter here."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:45 pm

Alicia made a small smirk. " Listupon is like a very large shark, with many, many more teeth." She grinned, imagining the looks on people's faces if everyone here had the chance to see one. "One day, if we can go back to the beach, aaaaand a good sized boat would be a nice advantage. Then I can make a popular family dish from my home island. " She kept out the hobby they did with the animal's teeth and bones, which was fashioned in various tools or jewelry. If they caught one, she would try to make some of these things for everyone including Shikrar. " And no, being beaten by a girl isn't necessarily a bad thing. Depending on how much pride you have it a be, which is common amongst males in most cultures." She looked around, having seen Shikrar stoop up from the ground. He must have been fixing his boot laces or something. She looked around the land. " I really don't know what's happened. They never even said a word. I can only hope they did. We don't have much time to spare to look for them. All's we can do is stock for them for winter for now." She said with disdain.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:55 pm

When SHikrar had left with his companion, Laniholm disconnected himself from the shadows behind a boulder. He smirked darkly to himself. Seems the dwarven magician was making decent progress after all. He never gave the dwarf a time limit though. It would not due to ruin one's new play things too soon. Once they had finally disappeared far enough not to notice him, he quietly drifted towards the little spot Shikrar indicated to leave his note. Laniholm smiled to himself. " Perhaps, I shall monitor their progress over the winter, and see if they need help, or action." he said to himself, tilting his head with intrigue.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:52 am

Fili nodded, “well Kili agreed to fix that monstrosity of a boat I tried to make,” he said with a smirk. “When it’s done, maybe you and I can take a little river cruise. See where it leads.”

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Asphodel yawned, “good,” she said, as she began to drift towards sleep. “I’m so glad I’m back in your arms…”

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

“Strange,” Shrikrar said as they hauled their harvest back to the village. “In dwarf society, men and women are pretty equal in strength and ability and women generally share the duties as far as mining and battle. Being beat by a woman would mean nothing if you were a dwarf.” They made it back to the village after nightfall and Shrikrar walked Alicia to her house, “I enjoyed my time with you,” he admitted.

Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Dec 01, 2017 4:32 pm

Brenna smiled as she lay outstretched, sleep already falling over her making her voice slur. "mm hmm. Good. Yes a little excursion does sound like a fine idea."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:46 pm

Kili smiled to himself, as he laid down completely, getting himself comfortable for a long night's rest. He was planning on sleeping in.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:52 pm

"Hmm." Alicia nodded her head once in understanding. " Did you have a family, before coming here I mean?" She asked him as she helped take their finds back to the little town. The islander smiled, from her genuine happiness a pleasant energy was reverberating from her body that she was not aware of. " I did enjoy my time with you too Shikrar." She smiled to him. " I suppose the winter will have us stuck in our homes for the most part, but I hope to see you around unless dwarves hibernate like bears." She smirked jokingly as she gestured to his beard that got a little messed up. " Right now your facial hair makes you look like a bear."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:08 pm

Aimee walked with Legolas, carrying her share fo the harvest they had gotten. It was a cool fall day, the wind whipped through her hair, and a weak sun beat down on her shoulders.
Winter would be soon upon them, and that meant making plans to celibrate Hanukkaa. She sighed. How was she going to celibrate one of the most important jewish holiday in this hell hole? WHere was she going to find a menorah? SHe had no idea how to make one, she had her grandmother's one. She entered the house with Legolas,a nd stuck her stuff on the counter.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2