The Beginning

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Beginning

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:43 pm

Asphodel gasped when the creatures came up out of the tall grass. Balin doubted a young hobbit like her would have much combat skills. "I'll get the lass out of here!" Balin shouted as he shielded the frightened hobbit. Asphodel let out a loud scream (loud enough for Kili to possibly hear) as one of the hobgoblins jumped at her, but Balin was strong for his age and he swung his club up and into the goblin's face, knocking out in mid jump. "Come on lass," he urged as he fended off more attacks and urged her along, confident that the others might be capable fighters.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:45 pm

Fili and Thorin, meanwhile, waiting for Kili to return from his scouting. They helped each other clear out the rest of the dust from the house and had turned it into a rather nice place to live. All the tables and furnishings were still in great need of repair.

"Have you checked on the hobbit?" Thorin asked Fili.

"He's fine," Fili said nonchalantly. "We sent him out to do some herding."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:48 am

Alicia saw out the corner of her eye, The old dwarf take Asphodel's hand and dart away, fending off more of these rather pitiful creatures. Well, At least someone else is watching out for her too. "yuck.." she grumbled to herself. Dwalin had no trouble fighting back these things. He let out a battle cry as he fought them back easily. Brenna wrestled with one until she over powered it and pushed it to the ground. But this was the easy part. A second wave of many more came scrambling towards them.
"Fall back!" Dwalin order, urging the others to catch up with his brother. Small and weak as these things were, they were still pretty fast, and didn't have much trouble catching up to the others. The mini goblins jumped, stabbed, or screeched as they tried to deter the party. As they all regrouped, an arrow came flying out of nowhere, felling one of the creatures.
"Oi! Dwalin! Balin over here!" Kili cried out from his vantage point atop a boulder.
"Kili..." Dwalin breathed in both relief and worry. He steered the others towards the archer who covered them as they approached.
Kili hopped down from the boulder. " We've a house not far from here. Fili, Thorin and Roy are there." Kili said as he led the way.
The kobogoblins gnashed their teeth in frustration until the joining of Kili bolstered the party's spirits, and they fought back with gusto, chasing off any remaining enemies or felling them. The creatures were easily frightened.
Kili's eyes finally fell on another hobbit that Balin was tugging along. Brilliant green eyes, beautiful red hair. She was the prettiest thing he had ever seen since being on this strange land. Could she be Roy's betrothed? The young dwarf sincerely hoped not, but the likelihood was too great. He tore his eyes away in order to focus on taking them to the house. " Mahal but I'm glad to se some familiar faces!" He smiled at the others to distract himself.
"Likewise laddie." Dwalin rumbled.
Kili led them right to the front of the house. "Uncle! Fili! We've got good company!" He called out in glee. When they finally came to a stop, Brenna put her hands on her knees, gasping till she recuperated. "More dwarves, and hobbits." she said between breaths. " Place is starting to get crowded."
Alicia looked behind them relieved to see that they were not being followed. Thankfully they weren't. For some reason she couldn't place, she did not feel as happy as she probably should be at finding more people.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:41 pm

Brenna recovered her breath, looking out at the new faces. Three more dwarves. And they all knew each other. She made a side glance even at their hobbit lady. She ought to learn a few things to defend herself. Brenna thought. Even if it was closed range simple daggers, SOMETHING is better than nothing. Maybe she will start teaching the timid girl few tricks, something to toughen her up a little. Just a little. wouldn't want to go changing a person completely. Valar knows this unusual place would do that already.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:24 pm

Asphodel followed Balin as he led her away from the dwarves. When she saw Kili, she met his eyes instantly. He was a young dwarf, and there was something about him. But when he mentioned Roy, her heart fell.

When they arrived at the village Balin chuckled in relief at seeing Thorin and Fili, "by Mahal are we glad to see you!" Balin said happily.

Fili came out and happily exchanged embraces with Balin and Dwalin, "I'm fine," he said when they mention Azog. "I had a bit of a fall but that's all." He glanced over and saw the other girls, a human and a... he looked at Brenna, not quite sure what she was but he thought she was beautiful. "Welcome, Milady," he said with a bow of his head.

Asphodel stole a quick glance at Kili again but frowned when she saw Roy come over after herding some sheep. "Asphodel!" Roy hurried over and hugged her and she immediately tensed up.

Fili noticed that. He would have thought the girl would be happy to see her betrothed, but he noticed she didn't hug him back and the look on her face when she saw him coming into the yard wasn't one of relief but of tension and maybe even fear.

"We fixed up one of the houses," Thorin explained. "It's not complete yet but it's good enough so that we can sleep in a shelter tonight. We should think about fixing up some of the other houses too so that we have a little more room."

Fili steered them towards the house, "here we are," he said. "I fixed the stonework while Kili here did the wood. Uncle fixed the iron stove here."

Asphodel's face lit up when she saw the garden and the little kitchen. "Oh I know how to work this," she said as she ran her fingers across the stove.

"Good," Roy said, firmly. "It's about time you found us, there is some weeding to be done in the garden." Asphodel frowned. In truth, she really did like cooking, she was very good at food crafting. Anything from making cheese to milling grain, she was skilled at. And she quite enjoyed gardening. But she resented that Roy thought that was all she was good for. It's true she didn't have much survival skills, but she was eager to learn, but she knew Roy would never approve of her learning too much.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:35 pm

Kili smiled again, happily embracing his kin,he especially enjoyed squeezing Balin till he heard a pop somewhere. "Yes we fixed it up during our time here. It's big enough for everyone this far."
Brennan smirked at Fili. "I thank you kindly, my lord." Brennan said bemusingly as she followed them in.
Alicia too also heard the way Roy spoke to Asphidel, and openly glowered at him. She was torn between snarling back at Roy or holding her tongue respectively. She knew for sure though, she would not be leaving those two alone if she could help it. Alicia had little to no shame spying and eavesdropping on people, even more so with narcissistic people.How dare he... Alicia glared at Roy's back with slitted eyes.

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:42 pm

Dwalin paid no mind to the Hobbit couple and their conversation. Hos kin were well and healthy. He couldn't be more content unless they also found a way to get back home. He walked inside, approving of their handiwork "very good this. Only dwarves can do such fine craftsmanship from rubbish." He said proudly.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:46 pm

Alicia walked in, smiling kindly at the work too, admiring their projects. She watched the others next from the corner of her eye. The blonde haired dwarf seemed to like Brennan, well everyone seemed to like her so that wasn't much surprise. Him and the archer that helped them were the youngest of the dwarves and Alicia wondered if they were her age. "How long have you all been here?" Alicia asked anyone of the new four companions.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Fili shrugged at Alicia's question, "only about a day," he said. "We found ourselves out on the prairie and we just discovered this abandoned village." He took that moment to drop a few lines with a side smirk towards Brenna. "But we dwarves are master crafters, this village will be fast work for us. When we finish with this place, you will hardly know it was abandoned."

Balin gathered with Dwalin and Thorin to allow the young ones to talk amongst themselves. He glanced towards his kin, "what of Erebor?" he said. He was a little nervous about mentioning Erebor in front of Thorin, but it had to be said. Thorin winced noticeably. "The arkenstone..." he said, feeling inner turmoil at the mention of Erebor. He still felt the need for the gold very keenly. "We do need to get back."

Roy motioned for Asphodel to join him outside. She gulped as she slunk after him. He brought her to the weed-filled garden and closed the gate so no one would see them. "Don't embarrass me in front of these dwarves," he warned, his voice dangerous as he got into her face. "I want this garden cleaned out tomorrow. What took you so long and you should be more presentable, look you are in your night clothes and they are all dirty!"

"But I don't know how I got here!" Asphodel exclaimed. "I was in bed."

"I don't care what your excuses. Don't come back in until every weed is pulled." With that, Roy left and returned back to his herd, leaving Asphodel alone in the garden. Feeling upset, she knelt in the dirt and began to pull the weeds, feeling tears well up in her eyes.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:26 pm

Alicia felt a little put off that how easily brushed aside she was by the others. It was odd but she tried not to take it to heart. Instead she focused on everything around her yes indeed the others has really fix this place up quite nicely. She noticed the older people gathered huddled together in a corner looked at me talking about something very serious for now she ignored it. Fili and kili had their own attention turned towards the gnome, who in turn seemed to be enjoying the attention. But where had Asphidel and Roy gone? The woman so wanted to follow and find out. To be completely honest you wanted to know what everybody was talking about. But since no one seemed to be paying attention to her she took the opportunity to see herself out quietly and tour the place herself. Alicia walked around the outside idly to herself until she saw a Roy come around the corner and enter the home. She watched him out the corner of her eyes.
Brenna nodded her own head along to the young brothers showing off their talents at restoring the home too much more agreeable living space. She in turn told him about what whaling was and life on the tundra.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:57 pm

Kili though Brennan was an impressive little lady In her own way, but what he really wants do know more about was Asphodel. He looked around and noticed she was not present, nor was Roy. Where did they go? The young dwarf excused himself from the conversation, walking out to go search for them. Roy had gone back to the herd, but....Asphodel.... Kili walled the perimeter of the house, frantically searching for her. He almost missed her had he not seen something move out of the corner of his eye in the garden. "Asphodel?" Kili called out. He gingerly stepped around the garden to her side, a small smile on his face. But wait... something seemed off about her demeanor. "Ah, are you...alright?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:18 pm

Fili smirked as he showed Brenna around the house. It still had a lot of work. He and Kili had replaced the walls and the flooring, but the windows were still broken, the wooden door had been fixed, and Kili had removed the rotted staircase leading upstairs. All the furniture had been collected and brought outside for Kili to try to restore. For now, the bottom half of the house was one large living area, two small bedrooms, and a kitchen.

"You should really be impressed by examples of such fine dwarven craftsmanship," he said in mock arrogance. He gave her a charming grin.

As Thorin and Dwalin talked amongst themselves about Erebor and the Arkenstone, Balin found himself disturbed by the look in Thorin's eye every time Erebor was mention. He excused himself from the conversation and had a seat on a stone outside, needing some fresh air. At this point, it was afternoon.

Asphodel glanced up as she saw Kili come into the garden. She quickly tried to compose herself, hoping he didn't see the tears threatening to spill from her eyes. "Hello... Kili was it?" she gave him a small smile, her big doe like green eyes looking him up and down. "Thank you for saving us from those things... you were quite impressive with that bow."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Brenna twisted her lips. " Hmph. If I were born yesterday. I just see re arranged rubbish! At least it's less dusty. You've not even touched the two small bedrooms. Go get the broom and start sweeping the place up while I remove the broken things in it. We still have much to do." She said to Fili as she turned her nose up at the mess. The gnome started shoving a broken stool out the bedroom.

Alicia grimaced at it all. So people were happy to see each other, but were now very tense or arguing about one thing or another? If her and her friends were here, they wouldn't be wasting their time picking up old arguments when they still had things to solve and do here. The flowers blooming out in the meadow cascaded a beautiful array of colors that helped soothe her irritation. Then an idea came to her head too. She'd start a medicinal herb garden. Yeah, that'd be a great idea! and it would give her something to do too. "Echinacea for sure." She muttered to herself as she picked a spot next to the house that would do. Alicia heard someone open the front door and saw it was the old dwarf taking a seat on a stone also not too far. She smiled politely to him as he looked like he had yet another weight on his shoulder, but wasn't sure if he wanted to talk about it. The girl gave him his privacy while she planned out her garden, then looked back to his deflated face. "You okay?" She asked him.

Kili smiled, puffing out his chest. " Why thank you milady. I do try to keep up with my practice. I'm happy to see I've impressed you. Actually, if you'd like I could even give you a few pointers on it. What are you doing by the way? Need any help?" Kili saw her eyes had that glassy look that he had seen in other women's eyes. this look like they were about to cry or have already cried. he didn't like that one bit, and sought to take her mind off whatever it was that bothered her.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:09 pm

Fili was taken aback by Brenna's abrupt, brush off attitude. But slowly a smile spread across his face as he found her slightly alluring. "Ah you are hard to impress," he said. "Good, I like a challenge." He kept his bemused smirk as he bowed and then hurried to do as she had instructed.

Balin looked at Alicia, "Ah, Lass," he said. "I know it sounds strange, but I'm not in a hurry to get back to where we just came from. As far as I'm concerned, whatever brought us here can take its time bringing us back."

Asphodel brightened her smile a little more, "you'd teach me archery?" she asked. "Oh I'd love that," but she thought of what Roy said... "but... it is not my place. I am pulling weeds from the garden. I think I could grow vegetables in it. Tomatoes, potatoes, and some greens? Have you ever had roasted rabbit with potatoes and carrots? or minced lamb pies?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:26 pm

Brenna scoffed and rolled her eyes. " Don't get your hopes up." She grumbled as she continued to make this room a little more livable. The bed looked as if everything on it needed to be removed and replaced. " These sheets have to go. They'll only make good fire food. They're full of moth holes. This mattress.. well the case is still good enough, but all the old hay needs to leave. We should do that with all the mattresses here. Boy! When you're done sweeping get the wheel barrel around to this window and we will dump it all outside!" Brenna barked.

Alicia pursed her lips. Gingerly she made her way to sit on the rock too. " I don't know what you've been dealing with before coming here, so I do take your word for it, as you look over-encumbered with troubling thoughts." She paused for a second, looking at the sky. "We'll make this place a summer get away home." She added in an effort to add a little hope and cheer. Alicia looked back at Balin. " You want to talk about it?" She offered.

"Oh aye! I'd love to teahc you a new skill. Why not? It seems as though we'll have all the time in the world to learn it." Kili smiled his head tilted sideways and cheeks bunched up in a big smile. "I suppose, on this world your place is where ever you want to be. I'm not much in the ways of cooking, especially green food. But you sure sound like you know what you're talking about. I'd love to try those dishes you mentioned." Kili looked at the garden. "I don't know much about gardening other than making the frames for raised gardens. I can do that. And if you tell me what to get rid of I can help you clean up this place." kili offered as he kneeled down. " If you don't mind my asking, you're from the shire right? I was told hobbits do not like to travel much, do you?" Kili wanted to get to know this beautiful hobbit. Her bright doe eyes should always stay like that, never watery unless it is tears of joy. Kili thought to himself.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:59 pm

"Your wish is my command," Fili chided jokingly. He brought the wheel barrow around and peered in the window. "You know, who knows how long this place was abandoned. I wonder what happened to the people. It seems they were farmers which is fortunate for us. Although I'm not much of a farmer."

Balin sighed. He began to tell Alicia the long story about Erebor, Smaug, and their long journey. About the Battle of the five armies and about Thorin's dragon's sickness. It was a lot of information to dump on such a young lass, but Balin needed to tell someone. When he finished the tale he sighed, "he still yearns for the gold, Lass. That is why perhaps it's best we aren't in a hurry to return. It's for his own good."

Asphodel found she enjoyed this dwarf's company. He was charming and kind and gentle. And she longed to learn archery. "Oh how I wish it could be so simple," she said. She thought for a moment. Her impulsiveness was getting the better of her and she grabbed his hand. "Come let's explore," she said. "I saw some kind of storehouse. Let's go see it." She urged him to follow and they came to an old dusty storehouse. "You don't suppose it's haunted, do you?" she asked with a mischevious smile.

Last edited by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:08 am

"I know some, although I am more familiar with winter farming and ranching than this." Brenna jerked her head towards the outside. "Wish we could find out more about what happened here though. So maybe we can avoid repeating the same fate?" Brennan went on as they fixed up all the mattresses and bedrooms to a better living space. "Alright. Almost done, and just before dinner time."

Alicia listened intently to Balin's tale. This dwarf knew how to tell a good story. Even though this wasn't just a story, it was his life right now. "I don't think you're wrong for thinking that way." Alicia spoke when he was done. "I can see this place being something we might all need in the end. And well help each other out while were here." She wanted to raise the poor dwarfs spirit up somehow. "I was thinking of starting a medicinal and tea garden. Do you like tea?" She flashed a smile to him. "Heh, you know ice never actually met a real dwarf outside of fairy tales, and yet the first one I speak to sounds like a hero." Alicia complimented Balin in the hopes of making him feel better or at least smile at the ironic joke.

Kili happily followed Asphodel to the storehouse. " Do not fear milady, for if it is I shall protect you once again!" He chortled at the joke. "We mustn't allow our fair maiden any harm. It is getting late, so we must be back for the sun sets or Thorin will come looking for us."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:07 am

Fili helped Brenna clean out the bedrooms. "What we need are a few good hogs," he said. "Bombur always had a pig or two and we'd roast them on a spit on Durin's day. And some good home brewed ale."

Balin listened, "Ah yes I could quite enjoy a nice cup of tea," he said. "And if you know anything about medicines, that would be great. I think that young hobbit lass mentioned her father was a spice monger, she probably knows a thing or two about herbs."

Asphodel blushed at Kili's calling her fair. She nodded and pushed the door opened. Everything was layered in dust, but when she came inside, she gasped. It looked like some kind of sitting room with simple chairs. She saw a large floor loom in a corner, a spinning wheel, and piles and piles of wool, linen, silk, and cotton. There were cabinets and as Asphodel opened them, she found clothing, sewing items like needle and thread, knitting needles, embroidery tools, and color pigments. And just outside the room were large wooden vats, probably used for doing laundry or dying fabric with color. There were a few tools used to make hide and leather too, and equipment for soap and candle making. "They must have been master crafters," Asphodel said. "It's a good thing because I'm sure we could all do with a change of clothes. All of this stuff is in good condition, just needs some cleaning." As they explored some of the other store houses and barns, they found a butcher house with tools to smoke and dry meat, a dairy barn with cheese cellar, a grain house with milling equipment and a pile of unused grain, a storehouse used for drying, canning, and preserving vegetables and fruit, a potato and mushroom cellar, a storehouse full of fishing and hunting tools, a potter's shed, a shed full of wood crafting, stone working, glass blowing, and blacksmith equipment, and a room full of kegs and equipment for making wine and ales. There were chicken and poultry coops, barns for cattle and horses, hay barns, pig pens, goat and sheep barns, and the like. And of course, there were plenty of farming and gardening and ranching tools. There were also fields around the village that once seemed to be pastures for animals and crop fields for growing grain.

When they were finally finished exploring all the little barns, storehouses, and sheds, it was starting to get late and Asphodel walked along with Kili. "Most of these buildings are in need of cleaning and repair," she said. "But once we get them into proper condition, all we would need are the plants and animals. I think perhaps tomorrow I will look for seeds for which I could start gardens and crops. We need chickens and pigs. I think Roy found plenty of sheep and probably some cattle and horses that had gone feral. If we work together, we could thrive here." She looked at Kili and found she had really enjoyed spending the day with him. When they returned though, everyone was starting to gather at the house as the sun was beginning to set.

"Roy will be returning from his herds soon," Asphodel said as she and Kili walked back to the house. She said his name with a bit of sadness to her tone. She had truly wished that he hadn't found his way to this planet.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:25 am

Brenna finished up the rooms then with Fili. " a strong brew. Now there's a plan. Well need to get us some wheat, and we can make a barley. Yes. Well do that tomorrow. Now come, let's get a dinner started for eveeyone." Been a said pulling Fili along. "Your uncle has made us some decent kitchen were to use."

Alicia grinned. "Danadelion tea, with a hint if chamomile to promote a good sleep, coming up. Oh yes! We should find Asphodel
She was talking to me earlier about her knowledge of cooking and herbs and spices. Yes I believe the two of us can make a good garden. And I happen to be great with animals." Alicia grinned elatdely. "What so you like when it comes to homey touches? We can make this place both secure and comfortable for everyone." She jumped off the rock then, happy as she thought of other plans. Alicia offered her hand to Balin too, as it started to get late. " I'll make that tea for us to enjoy after dinner too."

Kili marveled at everything they had found. "This is perfect! Once we fix everything up this place will have everything we'd ever need and want!" He bounced on his heels as he walked with her. " it'll be like building our own town." He did notice though, that she looked a hint less at mentioning Roy. It didn't seem right with Kili. "You don't sound as happy to see him. Not that I know much about romantic relationships yet. I mean, I know what courting is, by dwarves standards.." He rambled a little.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:47 am

Fili followed Brenna and decided to make a dirty remark just to get a rise out of her. "Well dinner sounds nice and have I earned myself some dessert?" he asked with a smirk, raising a brow.

Balin smiled, "ah that all sounds lovely," he said as he took Alicia's hand and got to his feet. "As I said, I am not in the mood to return to Erebor anytime soon."

Thorin finished talking to Dwalin and glanced around to see everyone was returning from their afternoon activities.

Asphodel sighed and looked at Kili, "Well... if you must know, it was not my choice to marry him. My father and his father made the arrangement, that my father should give his son his first-born daughter... this arrangement was made before I was born. I've always known I was to marry Roy. But..." she wondered about how much to tell Kili. If she even breathed a word about Roy's cruelty, and Roy learned of it, she shuddered at the beating she would receive. "I... I do not love him. I don't imagine what it would be like to love someone and to have them love me back."

At that moment, Roy came into the house and looked around, spotting Asphodel and Kili chatting. Any normal man wouldn't suspect what seemed to be a harmless conversation, but Roy didn't like seeing the two of them together at all. He growled to himself as he strode into the room, glancing over at Thorin and Dwalin. "I rounded up a flock of sheep," he said. "I found cattle and horses out there as well, and some feral hogs and chickens. We should build fencing to keep them all in, don't those nephews of yours know about wood and stone?" Thorin glared at this Hobbit for his attitude. "Fili and Kili can't possibly put together an entire village in one day," he said. "You'll have to be patient and I certainly don't see your arms broken, you can help them."

Roy rolled his eyes and stomped over to Kili and Asphodel. "After dinner, you will retire to one of the bedrooms for bed," he said. "And in the morning, I expect breakfast and for you to carry out your morning chores. Just because we are far from the Shire doesn't mean you can slack off on your duties."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:38 pm

Brenna rolled her eyes in good humor. " And what desert exactly can we make? Wooden cupcakes? But I think you're onto something about a good strong drink. We'll get some wheat and maybe have a barley mix going." She pulled him along out of the rooms once they were completed and walked into what served as their kitchen. "Hmm... we got some oats...ground flour...cinnamon sticks and sugar. How about an oatmeal cake? Ah well we can turn it into a seed cake what with all the flowers about us. Seed cake for dessert it is!" Brenna grinned as she started to prepare it. The gnome picked up some of the pots and pans inspecting them. "Not bad master Thorin. Dwalin! Come move this big table in the center area. It'll make a good dinner table for us."
Dwalin blinked lazily. He shrugged and did so. not like he was doing anything else important. His talk with Thorin was done. ' I used to call you king, and you used to know that.." his talk with him echoed in his mind. ' Hopefully he will remember it this time.'

Alicia walked with Balin back inside the house. It looks like they made it in time for dinner to start. There was still some daylight out. "I'll just be outside to gather ingredients for that tea. It'll be one of the best teas you've ever had!" Alicia joked to Balin as she went to the back door where the garden was. She was excited to make a tea for everyone to enjoy and really elated to do something nice for everyone. Humming a song of hers she easily found dandelion. the Chamomile wasn't as easy to find. ' we'll have to cultivate this a little more since there doesn't seem to be a lot growing yet.' Alicia worked on making this homemade tea while Brenna and Fili worked on dessert and Dwalin helped re arrange the furniture.

Kili's smile instantly faded from his face. His whole demeanor dropped at hearing the way Roy was speaking to her. Was she a slave to be bossed around? Did she do something wrong or a criminal of any kind? Kili knew the answer to all these questions was no, and it practically made his blood boil to hear someone speak to her like that for no good reason. his jaw muscles twitched at how tense it had gotten. Even his fist had balled up. But for her sake he will not act out on impulse.... yet.

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:57 pm

As the sun started to set, outside the nocturnal animals made their presence known. Crickets and frogs, wild dogs out on the prairies or the livestock scattered about the ruins of the small town, all had a small chorus of their own that carried on the cool breeze.
"Hmph. We need smoke weed." Dwalin grumbled. His eyes fell upon Roy, sitting down on a chair as if he had no need or want to do anything any more. Surely he did not think that herding would be the only job he'd have to do? Well, Dwalin will fix that. If he though he might assume the princes can build a town within a day then this shifty hobbit can multi-task too. Dwalin knew some skill in glass work and pottery. " Master Hobbit." Dwalin rumbled as he fixed Roy with his signature piercing gaze. "What else can ya do besides play with livestock? We're going to add pottery to that list. Tomorrow I'm going to teach you how to do some pottery with me. That outta help our 'town' grow don'tcha think?" He grinned a toothy grin. " You want folks ta pull a large weight ye'd best be willing ta do the same aye?"

"Ah yes. Good point." Brenna perked up. " Asphodel. You've got many skills under your own belt, but let's see if we can add one more, like defensive training. You ought to know how to defend yourself in this new world since we don't know entirely what to expect yet. Maybe none of us may be able to help you and you might be on your own. So learning how to last long enough for us to back you up would be good."

"I got tea!" Alicia said happily. The first person she served was Balin, as she had promised him first after all. Then she offered to any of the others before lastly serving herself. " We could use some honey. " Tomorrow I will go out to find honey bee hives to harvest from."

Kili sat down by his brother, a little quiter than normal. He still did not like how Roy spoke to Asphodel and he didn't understand why it bothered him so much more than it should. ' I don't love him.' echoed in his head. Arranged marriages was not something he was unfamiliar with, but that didn't mean he liked it. Especially when he saw how unhappy it made people. Kili had to force himself not to glance too much at Asphodel during dinner. " This seed cake is not so bad." He said to his brother.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:51 pm

Fili raised a brow with a suggestive look on his face. "Oh I could certainly use something sweet," he said. "Although you don't strike me as the sweet girl type." He smirked as he helped her make the dessert. He'd have to remember to make his dirty jokes a little more apparent in the future. He'd remember how Kili's trouser joke seemed to have provoked a response from Tauriel. Of course, he was only trying to get a rise out of Brenna. Her hot temper and bold tongue were strangely alluring.

Thorin scoffed at Brenna. He did not need the gnomes approval of his fine dwarven handiwork. But he kept his mouth shut and rolled his eyes a little at Fili's attempts to charm her. He groaned and help Dwalin move the table.

Later that night, Roy was sitting with Asphodel when Dwalin approached him. He nearly dropped his meal! The audacity of this dwarf! but there was something about Dwalin that he probably didn't want to test. "Pottery," he groaned. "As you wish master dwarf."

Asphodel looked at Brenna, "Oh I am no warrior," she said. But she did want to take Kili up on his offer to teach her archery. But Roy cut in abruptly, "she has no need for that sort," he said. "She will be quite busy tomorrow. She has chores to do." Asphodel swallowed. She dare not say anything with Roy sitting right there. She hung her gaze to the floor.

Balin took the tea and sipped. "Ahh lass that certainly came out wonderful," he said. "Perhaps next we'll have to grow us some proper pipe weed."

Fili notices Kili's silence and glanced at him. "Something troubling you, brother?"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:17 pm

Brenna bristled, ready to slap at the blonde haired dwarf. She glared and Ivey look at him. " the only sweet thing you be getting is whatever your hand can offer you!"
Dwalin' s nose twitched as he sniffed. Good. He thought after he ate and went to find himself a place to bed down for the night. "Will we need to set a watch this night thorin? Now that we have a house?"

Alicia beamed in pride as she held her cup in a mock toast. "I've never tried smoke weed before." She mused. It didn't sound all that appealing but maybe just one time for the fun of it. Sure why not. The human found a chair and kicked up her feet to enjoy the evening relaxing completely for a change. Her own mind drifted to her own home, and their own problems with the sudden rise of orc slavers. Luckily thus far they had failed. Alicia hoped it would stay like that.
Kili sighed. "I do not.lile Roy. He is mean, and bossy to poor Asphodel. She doesn't even like him and yet she thinks she has no say in whom she get a to wed. We are not in the shore anymore, so doesn't that mean their rules do don't apply here?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Dwalin scanned around the room. He stoked the fire a little back to life before settling on the couch. " I suppose tomorrow shall be a busy day too. Glad to be sleeping on something more, secure than having to listen to the waves of the beach and sand everywhere. Tomorrow I will be teaching the hobbit lad how to make basic pottery."
Alicia passed him a blanket. " I will scout the area, and gather any sort of resources we might be able to use. Maybe even draw us up a simple map."
Kili smiled. "I will join Brenna and Asphodel in defensive arts training."
" hmm, sure why not? Maybe you can even fashions bow for Asphodel to use too." Brennan suggested.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top