On the shores

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

On the shores

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:31 pm

Late spring

Asphodel had never seen the ocean before. She'd heard stories of far away shores, but to see it for herself was something she had never imaged. After all, the shire was far from the nearest shore and father would never let her stray that far away.

But this wasn't familiar and she felt frightened. One minute she'd been fast asleep in bed and the next, she'd woken up on this beach and still in her white night gown! She got to her feet and her brilliant red curly hair danced about in the wind.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: On the shores

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:14 pm

Alicia Blinked her eyes clear. This beach was nice, but it wasn't any coat she was familiar with. And she was supposed to be meeting her other friends to decide where they wanted to have their little holiday trip. She thought they didn't want to go camping?
Alicia picked herself up from the ground, reality starting to set in. How did she get here? She should have been walking back home from her stroll. She had sat down on a bench just for a moment to get off her feet and close her eyes. suddenly this feeling of floating then she pitched backward to lay flat on the ground!
"What?...Hello?" She called out to no answer. What if there were cannibals on this coast? Alicia gulped and decided to lay low as best she could. But she couldn't just sit and do nothing. To help keep her nerves calm, she busied herself clearing around the space she was in, hidden by the tree line, to form the base of a makeshift shelter.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:13 pm

Asphodel wandered along the shore, staring at the ocean, trying to figure out what had happened, where she was. She'd always wanted to see the world but she felt so lost. She was alone, she didn't know where she was. "Father!" she called to which there was no response. "Father!"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:07 pm

Alicia had just finished trying to strap together a bamboo spear, well it was more like a staff for now, but if she had a way to make a point, then that'd be great. Her ears perked up suddenly. Someone was calling for...Fergan? Slowly she got up, crouching in the bushes to see if she could find the source. It was also then she noticed this was a coconut tree. Alicia decided to save he victory for later though. Alicia peeked out, waiting for the source.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:11 pm

Brenna grumbled to herself aloud. All she wanted was for a simple and fun whaling trip, but noooo! Things had to get complicated all of a sudden as she grabbed up her harpoon and started out the door, suddenly she felt dizzy. things went black, and now her familiar snow had become dirt in a tropical forest. " Nothing can just be simple." she grumbled aloud. But if she made for the shore maybe she can get her bearings better. Brenna checked her harpoon, it was locked and loaded. Then she marched off to try to find a better vantage point perhaps by the sea water.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:23 pm

"Father!" Asphodel shouted louder, trying desperately to scan the shores, the water, and the tree line of a forest ahead for any signs of movement. Panic welled up inside her. She didn't know what to do. What if she had to stay here? what could she eat? It's not as if she could rely on the fresh farmed produce and food she had grown up on the Shire, she felt so lost here. How would she survive? She felt tears well up in her eyes, but as she sniffed, there was one thing that occurred to her. If her father wasn't here then neither was Roy. The Hobbit she was being forced to marry wasn't here, his cruel words and the secret threats and beatings... they were gone.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:34 pm

Alicia gaped at what she was witnessing. This tiny little girl, with rather big feet. looking lost and frightened. Was this some sort of trap? It was a really good one then and this girl ought to teach Alicia her acting tips. Alicia sighed a long breath. it wasn't right to just leave her like this either. Carefully she eased out of the woods, resting her bamboo staff on a tree. " Hello there." she said waving a hand. Alicia flashed a smile. "Good morning...afternoon." She had no idea exactly what time it was but judging by the shadows of the trees it had to be between those two. "You alright?" she asked, unable to think of anything else to say yet.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:08 pm

Asphodel was started by Alicia's appearance. "Hello?" she said meekly, feeling uneasy. Her father once told her that not all humans were to be trusted and some apprehension welled up inside of her. "I... I'm lost..."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:15 pm

Alicia blinked down at the little girl, unsure of how really to react to this...this kid. Who would leave a kid in their sleeping clothes out here by themselves?! Alicia frowned. Either it was because a jaguar got to the parents, or someone can punch the irresponsible couple. She smoothened her features for the child again. "Hello. I'm lost too." she admitted with a small shrug. "I'm guessing you haven't seen anybody else round here either then?" She asked more of a rhetorical question. Alicia lowered herself on a fallen palm. Maybe her smaller height might help put the girl at ease. "Well, I'm Alicia. Nice to meet you. I was working on a shelter for the evening and you're welcome to join. What migh your name be?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:19 pm

Dwalin sat up with a gasp in a cold sweat. "Thorin!" he rasped. Bright sunlight stung his eyes at first until he turned away for them to adjust to the sudden brighter day. "What in Mahal's name?..." He looked around. on one side was an odd forest. not that he knew really the difference between one and the other was. and on the other side was blue. blue as far as the eye could see! Dwalin had never before seen the real ocean before. He gaped open mouthed at it, scrambling up t ohis feet violently. " where on earth am I?!" he cursed as he spun around. This was NOT the battle field. No Erebor or anyone. " Thorin?" he yelled out. " Lads? Balin?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Brenna gritted her teeth as she stomped and hacked at annoying brush that wouldn't get out of her way in time. " Curse all this confounded foliage." She was already missing her ice. Brenna did know how to get by even in this green tangle, but that didn't mean she wasn't allowed to complain when she wanted. Soon she'd make it over to the opening, but then she heard the sound of some other foreign voice. A gravelly male voice calling out to whomever. Brenna narrowed her eyes, going on high alert as she stalked forth up to a small rock, harpoon ready. She crested it and saw the weirdest man she'd ever seen. Who was crazy enough to get tattoos right on top one's head? " Hey! You there!" she hefted her harpoon trained on the man. " Who are you? Where are we?" She demanded.

Dwalin spun around, fists raised defensively. He scowled at the smaller woman with a harpoon aimed at him. " Dwalin." He answered first. " And I coul ask you the same question lass. WHo are you and what is this place? Why did you bring me here?"

Brenna scoffed. " Bring you here? Do I look like I could carry your beluga whale arse? I've been kidnapped too and I'd like to find out who did it and why." she raised her harpoon to make a point. " Best not try anything fishy. I've got good aim and I can't miss from here."

Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:43 pm

Asphodel watched the human for a moment as she spoke. "I'm Asphodel Cottar," she said hesitantly. "If it wouldn't be a burden... you see I was in the shire, up on my favorite hill, and then Roy... that's my betrothed... he was displeased about dinner not being done properly so... I went to bed early. When I woke up, I was here. I... I'm sorry for staring, its just I don't see very many humans..."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:48 pm

Balin hurried over at the sound of the raised voices and saw the little... child? she looked about the size of a hobbit, but... she didn't look like much of a hobbit. Round ears, small feet, wavy blonde hair... strange. But she did have a harpoon aimed at his brother. "Ah Lass let's not doing anything hasty now. We don't mean you any harm."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:57 pm

Brenna started a little, jumping and aiming her harpoon at the next intruder. She glared at him in both irritation and surprise, not at all wanting to admit that she was caught off guard. " Who are you now?!" She demanded. looking at him she did feel a little guilty at aiming a weapon at an elderly and lowered it an inch. Seemed a little unfair. But wait... that ridiculously long beard...Those big noses and ears...were these dwarves? Bah! nuts to elderly! even old dwarves were strong warriors! She rose back up her harpoon, not going to be fooled again. "aye well at least you've a good head on your shoulders. Not wise to mean any harm ta someone who's got both the higher ground and a weapon trained on ya. Best keep your hands, and your feet, where I can see them and explain yourselves. What in the name of all that's pure is going on here and if another one of you jumps out like that again I may not catch my twitchy fingers again!"

Dwalin harrumphed. " don't you go pointin' that at my brother..." he growled out. He wasn't sure exactly what 'that' was, but judging by her stance, she knew how to use it well. Some kind of, crossbow perhaps.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:43 pm

Balin held up his hands to show his sincerity. "Ah, now there really is no need for that now, Lass. We're all in the same situation, it would seem. It makes sense to perhaps... work it out together? I'm Balin and this is Dwalin, at your service," he took a bow.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Brenna pursed her lips, giving both the brothers a once over from head to toe. They were wearing armor, as if they'd stepped off a war zone, or possibly going into one. "Hmm.... Brenna. Nice to meet you." she said lowering her harpoon. " What kind of service you boys trying to offer me?" She rose a brow.
They did seem genuinely lost as she was. Did some joker decide to just pluck the most random people they could find and throw them on this random....chunk of land? Her eyes darted around their surroundings. Well, she was a fisher, and so staying by the ocean was the way she knew how to catch food best. She looked at the dwarves analytically. Maybe they could cook and do guard duty. "If we're going to be stuck together then we're going to make this foreign land work to our benefit. One of you scout around. See if you can find other folk around here. The other start gathering anything that might be useful to us. Like firewood, rope or the like. I'm going to see if I can catch us something to eat."

Dwalin stared at her like she had three heads growing out. He glanced at his brother for affirmation to see if he was hearing right. " You hearing this lass?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:15 pm

Alicia planted her fists on her hips proudly. "Not too shabby if I do say so myself." she said, smiling proudly at her handiwork. She grinned at Asphodel. " These her are old coconut tree leaves. Even the dead ones make great coverage for the shelter see?" Alicia placed one on the side. " If you wouldn't mind, weave these into the wall of the shelter here. It will help keep us warm. I am going to scour the beach to grab us some seafood to eat. I don't suppose you might have matches or an eye glass, or tinder box on you? Eh no worries, just have a shallow hole dug out and we'll get a fire started the old 'fire bow' technique. I'll be back soon." Alicia said as she scooped up her spear and headed out to do some spear fishing. " Might even c=snag us a lobster."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:25 pm

Balin couldn't help but let an amused grin spread across his face as he watched the girl lay out orders to them and get to business. He glanced to Dwalin, "ah, I admire a strong lass," he commented. "Why don't you scout the shores while I gather up some firewood."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:32 pm

Asphodel watched Alicia work on the shelter and tried to follow her instructions, sitting down to start weaving the leaves as she was told. "Lobster?" she wondered what kind of creature that was and how it tasted. If they were in farm country, she'd have no trouble finding something to eat but everything around them seemed so foreign she didn't know what she could eat or not.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:41 pm

Dwalin grumbled. "Aye. strong lasses are good." he agreed as he turned to go do just that. A beach. Just what exactly was he supposed to be looking for, or looking out for on a beach? Dwalin went on stalking down the coast line for any signs of, anything.

Brenna walked down to the shore. " hmmm..." she said aloud as she looked the place up and down. "If anything, crab ought to do us for now. or better yet some real fish." Brenna spent the next couple of hours hunting for edibles. Eventually she snagged some crab and shot a few seagulls with her harpoon. NOT an easy thing to do, as she had to be very patient with that. But all birds were edible after all.

Meanwhile, Dwalin had found tracks. Tracks of a small person, but still very fresh. He ducked into the shadows of the tree line, following the tracks as quietly as he could manage.

Brenna came back with her kills. " Not much, but it'll be something in our bellies. No anything about how to eat these?" Brenna waved the crab and seagull in Balin's view. " Know how to prep them at the very least?"
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:55 pm

Alicia hummed to herself as she skirted over a few rocks, peering into the waters to see if she could find anything. Well, no lobsters. Actually not even fish, and she really didn't want to bring back urchins if she could help it. Alicia glanced out at sea, wondering if she might get by with fishing somehow. The water was so clear, she ought to try. So Alicia stripped down to just a tank top and shorts, putting the rest of her attire aside to grab later. In Alicia waded, getting used to the cold water as she ventured further. The water hardly got much deeper than four feet for a while though. She huffed. must mean there's a reef somewhere...Well, if there's a reef, there's fish. Alicia continued to wade around, until she saw something floating in the water. her eyes narrowed on it and found that it wasn't floating, it was moving. And as it moved closer Alicia finally identified that dorsal fin. " shark....Shark!" Most sharks can still attack people even when the water was only three feet deep, and she was five feet, nine and a half inches tall so she was still at a disadvantage speed wise unless she could get to shallower water.....
"Asphodel! Hey Asphodel!" Alicia panted as she made it back to the camp, dragging along a three and a half foot shark behind her. " Ever had shark before?" She grinned happily as she panted for breath.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:03 pm

Dwalin followed the tracks right up to where he saw what looked like some sort of hut. Hmm, it's man made so definitely more people here. But why is there only one? the warrior stalked closer, wanting to see if anyone was living there. He heard another voice and saw a human woman dragging an odd looking fish up to the hut. Just then from the other side he saw another woman, a hobbit lass, come from behind, gazing at the thing warily. He would be too if he was up close to it. The human had a spear on her but the hobbit lass seemed unarmed. Dwalin decided he'd go back and tell the others instead. The warrior crept back to the camp where his brother and Brenna were. "Down the coast, I saw a hut, and two other women, a human and a hobbit lass, caught their own dinner." Dwalin told Balin and Brenna.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Asphodel gasped when Alicia lugged back the largest, and strangest creature she had ever seen. It's teeth were jagged and there were rows and rows of them. "Shark?" she repeated. "I've never heard of such a creature!"
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:36 pm

Balin listened to Dwalin's report on the young lassies and he glanced over at Brenna. "What do ye say, lass?" he asked. "I think perhaps we ought to ask if we can join them. They are probably as lost as we are."
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:11 am

Brenna's face pulled into a frown. She wasn't sure about showing up with their game to a stranger's camp, it was the only food that they had. But if it was two women then perhaps they might be more friendly and trustworthy. She flicked her gaze back at the dwarves, wondering why Balin seemed a little happier about this. She'll be keeping an eye on these two for sure. She got up again. "Might as well. The more the merrier." Especially if they were female. They might help keep these two guys in check. SHe grappled up her harpoon, tossed their catch of the day to the brothers to carry. "Let's go meet the neighbors."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum