Who's going to be where

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Who's going to be where

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:39 pm

Where would you like Brenna to be? Or would you like it to just be the 'team' in the valley, and the 'team' on the shore for now?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Who's going to be where

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:47 pm

Hmm, Maybe Brenna can be on the shore so she can meet up with Asphodel and then the two of them can make their way north. I figured they could meet up with the dwarves at the ruined village which they should probably come to some time in the next day? Both teams should both probably camp for a night first.

I feel bad about leaving Alicia all by herself! But you can have her meet up with whomever as soon as she's ready.

I'm thinking of some plot and conflict issues. Things are probably tense between Thorin and his nephews at the moment since they haven't really talked since the whole dragon sickness thing went down. You could even throw in another member of the company if you felt like doing so.

As for Asphodel and Brenna, Asphodel is a shy, sweet hobbit who is way out of her element. She doesn't know anything about the world. She doesn't know how to hunt, make a fire or anything. But Brenna, being raised on the high seas, and on the icy tundra, has good survival skills. She is the daughter of a chieftain and will naturally try to take charge. She can be overbearing and Asphodel isn't confident enough to stand up for herself which is the only way to get Brenna to back off, so there is some conflict right there. Once Asphodel gains her confidence though, as we've seen in the movie, hobbits can be tough!
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:54 pm

oh I see! ha very cool. yes I do like the idea of everyone taking a night to themselves for once. And maybe Alicia can meet Asphodel first on their way to meeting the dwarves. I think throwing in Dwalin and Balin meeting Brenna would be a nifty idea too before everyone meets. I can play Dwalin. As I'd really like to see Alicia and Balin's interactions if that sounds good to you too.
Yes I totally forgot about the dragon sickness. But I can re arrange Kili's thoughts a little. I can make him be a little hopeful that it would seem Thorin has overcome the sickness for the most part.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:58 pm

Yeah, I'm down for Balin and Dwalin and for meeting up with Alicia. I can play Balin.

Yeah, Fili is probably feeling a little defensive of Kili and he's still a little upset about how Thorin left Kili behind in Laketown so there are definitely some frayed nerves and hurt feelings. Thorin is back to himself, especially since Erebor isn't there to tempt him, but he has some damage control to do with both his nephews.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:00 pm

Oh, and another thought I had was that Fili and Kili are probably feeling a little shell shocked. That was their very first war after all and the whole quest itself probably had an impact on them.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:01 pm

ah. very good points. Ten four! Thanks so much!
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:25 pm

By the way. How am I doing with Brenna so far?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:32 pm

You are doing awesome, that's exactly the way she is supposed to be played. She's tough, independent, and in charge. Oh, and since she comes from a female dominated society she might kinda have a superiority complex when it comes to dealing with men, heh. I mean females gnomes aren't as mean as drow but they are definitely in charge. I'm trying to make hobbits a little more male-dominated and dwarves and elves a little more equalist in my novel, I like playing with the different dynamics and seeing how they interact with one another.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:36 pm

oh hooooo.. hahaha. good to know! I'm glad I'm not butchering her character. She is fun to play thus far. Heh, that ideas for when they all meet on the beach XD.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:55 am

So I'm thinking of introducing our first bad guy soon. Roy is Asphodel's betrothed and he is a hobbit but he is unlike any other hobbit. He'd mean, manipulative, abusive, and cruel. He's a sheep shepherd by trade and he starts out nice enough but Asphodel is afraid of him. So I kinda think Kili and Asphodel are going to be soul mates so they will begin with a secret affair at one point, right under Roy's nose. I'm not sure when or where I will introduce him just yet, what group do you think he'll shake up the most, the beach group or the prairie group? He starts off nice and seems normal enough but I'm sure Alicia will feel he's a little off. He's kind of a creep.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:22 am

(Sorry I was driving from my home back to my grandma's it's about 45mins to an hour drive.)

That sounds great with me. Let's see...
With the prairie group, I think he'd get along with them pretty well so long as there's not another female that shows up. I don't see as much conflict happening with them immediately.
With the beach group, yes. I can see tension building up in an instant. Alicia tries to have patience with every one at first though. But when she gets upset, it isn't pretty. She thinks differently than a lot of people and for that she is often a mystery to folks for a while.
So it all depends, would you like a slow build of conflict or an immediate discord? I'm good either way.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:44 am

Hmm, maybe he will meet up with the dwarves. They won't be aware of what a jerk he is, they'll think he's just a lost hobbit looking for his betrothed. And he won't be a jerk until he finds Asphodel anyway.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:47 am

Works for me Cool
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:53 am

Oh and I will probably be in and out all weekend, and probably all week with work and all, so don't worry if I disappear, I'll be back! Oh and by the way I fixed everything up so it should be suitable for newcomers.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:00 am

ah, good. Thank you. I do look forward to some newcomers joining us Smile
The same goes for me. I might be in and out due to my job more than anything else. Thank you for the communication, I really appreciate good communication. I usually work 8 hr shifts. today I won't be getting out till 10:30pm (Texas time.) And I can still drop lines here along with you.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:28 am

I'm eager for the two groups to meet up, how do you think that should happen? Thorin's group have reached the village and are probably going to stay there, the beach group should meet up with them if they choose to head north.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:32 am

I'm thinking Thorin's group will stay where they are and refortify their 'new home'. That would be good for everyone.
And for the beach group, yes they are going to have to move, and they can start by exploring, then run into some predator animals that makes them pick up their speed a little till they make it to the village. Though which specific animals I'm not sure yet. How's that sound?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:39 am

Okay yeah, a predator might do good. The planet has all the animals you would find on Earth, and unlike Earth, certain animals aren't confined to certain continents, so you might see lions, giraffes, etc. alongside bears and stuff, depending on the season. It's like if someone took Africa, the Americas, Europe, Australia, and Asia and crammed them all together into one land mass. But it also has monsters you might find on Middle Earth or Faerun. I might have to consult a monster manual, I think my husband has one.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:58 am

Ooooh I freaking lavas me some giraffes! Just for the fun of it, I'm going to have Alicia pet a giraffe. I did that once on a safari tour, it was sooo cool. Alrighty. So I'll get c
Some typical predators, like maybe a bear or two.
AH, the monster Manuel. Very handy thing. I don't want anything too life threatening yet unless you want to go that route. I remember hobgoblins, were animals and snake men, and yetis..
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Oh yeah, a little note. When they start exploring the houses more, especially upstairs, they might get a surprise. Some of the beds have skeletons in them, skeletons of former occupants.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:48 pm

Ooooh. Heh good to know! On that note how are you like things so far?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:06 pm

I'm loving how things are going so far!
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:16 pm

Awesome awesome!
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:51 pm

I put some pictures of what I picture the houses to look like in general. They are in the research and brainstorming section.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:59 pm

I get off at nine thirty today. Then I will be able to check out the cool pics Smile
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 10 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum