Who's going to be where

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who's going to be where

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:38 pm

Hmm, I feel like the lands Zaylara calls home should be a swamp in a cold region. Reason being is I want it to closely resemble the geography she might be used to in my novel. Draoder, the vampires native planet, is a giant misty swamp and the Kutta moons where the wolf people live are generally cold climate places like tundras and taiga forests where your typical wolf might call home. I'll check the Forgotten Realm wiki for any such swamp lands.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:42 pm

Oh yeah and to give you an idea of how pale Zaylara is, she is as white as a Drow is black. Which would look quite interesting if she were to ever end up with perhaps a Drow lover or anything like that in the future.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:49 pm

Oh and to follow up with how I said I was going to be reading more about Forgotten Realms, I found a list of novels in order of publication date on Wikipedia, just the other day! The first one was written in the 1980s (the Moonshae Trilogy by Douglas Niles.) There are well over 100 going all the way to the present, with lots of different authors and I intend to read them all! When I finish, I expect to be very well versed in the Forgotten Realms and even have a greater understanding of it than my husband, and he has been playing Dungeons and Dragons since he was a kid. I never really played DnD, except maybe once or twice, I was more interested in the world concept and the stories than the game.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:42 pm

Okay, I see what you're saying. And like I said I'm honestly not too well versed in the lands and geography of Faerun. So yes that sounds good to me and that would be pretty beneficial to everyone in the role play too. She's a kiwi bushwoman Wink
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:05 pm

Okay so upon research, I did a little brainstorming, I put my results in the research folder. But basically, Zaylara is actually a vampire-wolf hybrid member of a race called the Kutmyre Vampires who live in the center of Faerun. Their society, what they look like, how they came to be, and a map of the region of Faerun they live on is all there.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:52 pm

oh wow. Vampire wolf hybrid. cool and scary.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:15 pm

Okay so I'm working 8:30-4:30 again tomorrow so I probably won't see your response until I get home, but I wanted to think up some ideas for what can happen today. I feel like we need a little action. Roy is going to kinda be out of everyone's hair, for now, we have ghosts but they haven't quite started doing anything yet. The storm has passed. I kind of like the possible tension with Brenna not quite trusting Zaylara.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:08 am

Hey there friend I'm sorry I've been in and out lately but I've got some hurricane issues going on on my side of the world. At least I'm off today but unfortunately have to work the weekend when the hurricane is supposed to hit us. Hopefully it'll flood too bad for me to have to go in..
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:09 am

As soon as I get things squared away at my grandma's house I'll be free again for the rest of this day since I'm off today too
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:05 pm

Oh my gosh I've been hearing about the hurricane. My sister lives in Killeen, Texas and she called us on her way to work earlier saying it was starting to rain but they were still having her work till 10. It's her first hurricane so she's kind of scared. Over here in Southern California, we have earthquakes, heat waves, and we have been in a drought for the past 10 years, last year it rained a lot, like so much that we had flash floods, but it was the first year in about 10 years that we had that much rain. We will see how things go this winter, it's supposed to be 108 all week this week! And my poor brother and his family had their air conditioning break so they might have to go stay with my mother and my husband. I'm heading over to my other sister's place this weekend (I have one brother and two sisters, I am the oldest) so it should be a little cooler since we'll be closer to the ocean.

Anyway, I'll go post and seriously, stay safe!
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:21 pm

Oh wow. I hear that! we all need to stay safe. It's either natural disaster or stampede of panicked humans. Ugh. I hope your sister here in Texas is stocked up for the weekend too. And yikes! living with no AC in the south part of America is rough! Gosh I hope you and yours will be able to get the ac working soon with no more problems. I'm stoked for the winter though. Yeah right now it's been raining but it stopped. supposedly we're in the eye of the storm now.
Yes, stay safe and I'll be praying for you and yours. Keep me posted.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:51 am

Hope you are doing okay with the hurricane by now. We haven't heard from my sister in awhile so I hope she's okay there too. We actually had a small earthquake the other night, not a big one, most of us didn't even feel it but my mother said her dogs going crazy.

So I was thinking of injuring or wounding asphodel at some point while she is out working. Nothing too serious although it might certainly seem serious at first. Maybe a snakebite? That could be good. Or maybe she falls down an old well. It could be anything really. It might bring a little action to the story by giving Kili something to worry about and zaylara a chance to demonstrate her medical knowledge.

Oh and this weekend I may be scarce. I should be able to get a few posts in here and there tomorrow but Sunday I will be out of town. I might still be able to write using my phone on Sunday but we'll see. I have Monday off though but will be traveling back home that day.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:05 am

Well, everywhere is flooded. but we sem to be doing alright. sorry i have also been scarce from here lately
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:35 pm

I had a nice little day trip yesterday out to Anaheim (where Disneyland is) to visit my sister and a high school friend of mine yesterday so I was pretty much gone till late. I'm glad you are okay with the hurricane, my sister is okay too.

So what do you think of Asphodel getting hurt at some point while they are all out playing on the river? And giving Kili a chance to play hero? I'm also thinking that Roy might leave the village for awhile and maybe team up with some bigger villains for some revenge.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Yes I think that's great, in fact for an even bigger challenge, nearly all of them could get hurt in some way. I was kinda going for mini rapids. If it's too coincidental then yeah, only a couple will be fine too. Smile
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:09 pm

Hmm well too many getting hurt might get overwhelming for Zaylara and be hard for us to keep track of. But yeah maybe a couple more. I was thinking of something more like an animal attack or maybe a fall or something. Maybe a snake bite? It wouldn't do if Kili got hurt too because he wouldn't be able to help Asphodel. And Zaylara can't get hurt because she's the healer. Maybe just Asphodel, Alicia, and either Brenna or Fili but not both of them?
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:24 pm

I really need to check this more often. sorry about my late replies too. I'm going to try to check this as often as I can. but yes, good idea too. Asphodel, Alicia and Fili. how's that?
Asphodel can get a snake bite.
Alicia can get some gashes
and Fili can get hay fever?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:52 pm

Okay sounds great! Zaylara is excited to test out her healing house, although three wounded/sick people aren't necessarily something to celebrate! I'm thinking Fili's situation may worsen to a mild respiratory ailment just to put him out of commission a little. Fili is not a very good patient either. He doesn't like taking things easy, he'll want to keep working even though he needs to rest.

By the way, I think it might be time to introduce the neighbors. Across the river, and near the foothills of the mountains, is another thriving settlement of races who settled from Middle Earth and Faerun centuries ago. Only thing is... they aren't very nice. Their leader is an evil drow named Laniholn.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:33 pm

oh jeeze, those neighbors. in that case, Alicia might start being able to use her energy abilities if that's okay too.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 pm

Yup sounds good. Roy might leave to go live with them but it's not like he'd be a big loss, no one likes him.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:35 pm

hahaha, true. he might wantto be careful too since its drow they're dealing with.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:26 pm

it took me forever to get that post! the site kept crashing on me and finally i gave up , typed it in wordpad and pasted it here.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:54 pm

That took me awhile to churn out too but there it is!
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:29 pm

Do you by any chance know where Killeen, Texas is in relation to the hurricane? I was wondering because that's where my sister is and I've never been to Texas. She said she hasn't gotten it too bad, I mean she is still able to go to work and such, but that there has been flooding and the hurricane won't go away.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:43 pm

i have not heard of Kileen Texas. I did just try to google maps it. it is about 3 and a half hours away from Houston, and an hour away north from Austin Texas. Harvey has gone east and so will not be doing any direct damage to that side of Texas. I am just now able to go back to work tomorrow myself and will be there 11am to 7:30pm. I'm pretty sure your sister will be fine as far as the hurricane effecting her side of town. (^_^)
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum