Who's going to be where

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who's going to be where

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Hey there. I know I've been dropping the ball here lately, or at least it feels that way to me. I'm still having a little bit of trouble with the site, so I might have some mispellings here and there until I get everything squared away again. But I hope to start replying back more often again and helping with our novels too.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Oh no ball dropping here! I figured that once we got over the thrill of this new thing and got into kind of a routine, the pace would probably slow down a little. I mean we both have other lives of course!

Oh, I was wondering though, since it looks like no one else seems interested in joining us, at least not at the moment, would you consider playing Legolas? At least until someone wants to claim him? I'm thinking that once I introduce Drizzt, that he, Legolas, Zaylara, and Alicia should become good friends. Of course, he and the dwarves will butt heads, especially Thorin, but I also think they will be good friends with the younger dwarves, Asphodel and Brenna.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:11 pm

I also want to play around with certain aspects of everyone's culture as we develop the characters. Since Kili and Asphodel are the first couple we'll play with them a little, but other races should be developed too. So for courting, sexuality, engagement, that sort of thing, I kind of wanted to make a brainstorming sheet about how each culture goes about it. Also, for things like friendship, family, and things like holidays, cuisine, things they find sacred, etc. I'm going to put that together in the little-shared google drive folder we have. I have four humans from modern Earth I'd like to introduce at some point, but not for awhile, not till after the whole drow thing settles down. But I'll add them to the brainstorming sheet too.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:33 pm

Heh, yeah, I have never actually played as him but I have as Thranduil, so it shouldn't be too hard right? I'll give it a whirl. Yeah they could be good friends. I don't see anything wrong with that. Balin is one of my face though, so I would still like intersection between the two of them please.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:35 pm

Oh four modern day humans? Hmm, heh I may add my own modern human, if it doesn't get too much to juggle.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Yeah, you definitely can. My humans are Aidan from Ireland, Gretchen from England, Daynah from New England, and Andrew from Tennessee. Aidan is into medieval history, Gretchen likes sewing, music, and history between the years 1500-1900, Daynah is a psychologist, and Andrew is a paranormal investigator.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:43 pm

Oh and Aidan, Andrew, Gretchen, and Daynah were all in this online group, that's how they know each other. Because they all come from Celtic Heritage. Aidan is Irish, Andrew has Scottish roots, Daynah has Welsh roots, and Gretchen lives in Cornwall.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:03 pm

Oh and yeah about Balin, do you think maybe you could take him over? I feel like you would be better at playing him than me.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:21 pm

I suppose I could. If I do though, then it would be like you playing both Asphodel and Kili. Though there is no romance for Balin or Alicia lol, I was just hoping for the grandfather relationship between the two. Since we are about to add more characters it would be best to distribute the weight as best as we can anyway. I'm game.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:32 pm

Yeah, although Balin has kind of a grandfather relationship between all the young ones, especially Fili and Kili since he helped raise them as children, so I don't think his relationship with Alicia is exclusive. He tends to form bonds with everyone.

So yeah it looks like if you take over Balin, the numbers will be 9 for me, 6 for you not including anyone you might add. Oh and that doesn't include villains, I figured they should be NPC characters meaning we could both play them.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:34 pm

When everyone gets here, one good way to break them up and make it easy is to have them live in different houses. They can visit each other and they'll be working together all the time of course, but at night when they are turning in, they can have their own houses.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Oh. Haha sorry, I had just had another idea. I was thinking that at the beginning of each day, we should start a new thread. And I'm thinking we should label the posts by day and setting so we can keep track? I think I might get rid of the other forums since I feel like it would be easier to just label our posts rather than have to move the entire thread to a new forum each time someone moves around. I'll show you what I mean when next I post.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:00 pm

Hmm, that's a lot of forums then if we go day by day. I don't quite know about that. But we can try if you think it will work.
No Ididnt want balin's relationship to be exclusive with her, but rather, 'the councilor finds a councilor for himself through her.' If that makes any sense.
yeah I like the idea with the enemies. We can share them.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 5:57 pm

Hmm, maybe we'll scratch that idea then. Maybe every couple of weeks or many a month or so in story time then? otherwise, the threads will get huge.

And for Balin, maybe we could share him too then? I understand the relationship now so I think I can do it but I'll have a lot of characters to play, not that it's not my doing since most are my own OCs but still, it'll be a lot.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:53 pm

Yes that is a lot on your plate. We may need to re a range a few others. I could take Zaylara if you'd like. And I got Legolas. I can get Roy too if that makes it easier.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:42 pm

Yeah, you can have Zaylara if you'd like, I may entertain a future relationship with her and Drizzt. Her background as a kutmyres, a vampire/wolf hybrid, might be good.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sat Sep 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Cool cool. And what about Roy?
I will finish replying to your last post, in all the rooms tomorrow. It is way past my bedtime, and the site is getting me frustrated a little so let me just call it quits for the day.
But does that even the table a little? I can take more if you'd like. I can be Thorin even if you need.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 pm

Yeah, you can have Roy, I've kinda been neglecting him. Although I kind of consider him a villain too so we could probably share him too. And yeah if you take Thorin too, I'd feel better about playing Balin myself. So let me see what the line up looks like

Me: Fili, Asphodel, Drizzt, Balin, Gretchen, Aidan, Andrew, Daynah
You: Alicia, Dwalin, Thorin, Kili, Brenna, Zaylara, Legolas

So now its pretty much even. And if you want to add a modern Earth OC too, you could too.

Okay yeah, I'll see you tomorrow then. I'm still trying to work out the kinks with this site too, I do feel like it works better on a computer than a phone, I tried to use my phone and it was really difficult, lots of typos.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:51 pm

Hey there friend! Oh my gosh I'm so sorry. i didn't se your latest text. I am not finished replying yet either but I will get back to it as soon as i can today. I sent a message to another friend about this too and hopefully they might wish to join us."
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Sun Sep 10, 2017 4:55 pm

Ok, it would be awesome if we got a new person to join us! And it's cool, I've been pretty busy lately too. Between work and my writing and research has been running around like a chicken with my head cut off! lol Okay, I should be able to do my posts if not tonight then tomorrow night.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:42 pm

Hello, I am kitcat12, I just signed up, and I am interested in joining this wonderful roleplay.
Adeleidhis asked if I wanted to join, she sent me the link, so I took a look and I am interested. She and I know one another from writing fanfics, and roleplaying on skype.
I love what you have going so far, and can't wait to get started. I hope you are having an awesome day. I am going to give you a list of characters I want to add.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:09 pm

Hi, welcome! Sorry, I'm just getting to your messages, I just got home from work (I'm in California so I'm in Pacific standard time) but I'm so glad you want to join us! I saw your character bio and I really like her so far. Also, just to let you know, if you are interested in playing any canon characters from Hobbit/LOTR or anything else, really, let us know. Even if Adeleidhis and I have already claimed them, it's mostly because we were the only two playing so it would be possible to redistribute certain canon characters. I love Fili and Drizzt (from Legends of Drizzt by R. A. Salvatore if you aren't familiar) so those are the only canon characters I have that I'd insist on playing. And also, my OC Asphodel. But other than that, all my characters are negotiable, and if you want to play a canon character not listed, you can do that too just let me know.

But yeah, jump in whenever you feel ready, the way the plot is set up, your character can really just drop in whenever, it's a 'dropped on random planet' kind of scenario so I feel like those are the easiest types of scenarios for people just joining. Just make sure you read the rules, which it looks like you already have, and also note the relationship sheet in case you are interested in anything like that. But yeah, I'm going to do my posts in a bit, maybe after dinner.

And welcome!
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by kitcat12 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:13 pm

Thank you very much:d, I am fixing to get started now. This is exciting.

kitcat12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Hey guys! How's it going? Glad to see we were able to get together this eve XD
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:40 pm

So my friend just went to bed. But we started her role play in the " a brand new day" forum. Right now her character slid down the mountain a little bit and there's a gargoyle stalking her
So if you'd like to jump into that too you are also more than welcome to add your own replies to that. She chose to start off in the mountains.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum