Who's going to be where

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who's going to be where

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:28 pm

Oh yes. Energy vampires. I remember hearing something on that too. I don't know enough about it to say it's the same concept though. But yes Alicia can be a trapper if your wolf kin character is not. Hmm, maybe Alicia could be a good textile worker too I believe.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:30 pm

Oh I'm sorry! I meant vampire. Yes, Zaylara.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:51 pm

Okay sounds good! Maybe we can make Dwalin get a few skills too besides just brute strength. We need a potter and someone who can make glass, maybe that could be him? And then yeah if Alicia does textile working then we'll have all the skills we need! And of course, they'll all help each other out. Except for Roy, but he spends most of his time with his herd so he's not much use to anyone.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:06 pm

Hmm. I like Dwalin being a glassworker
He gets to work with a different kind of forge. Very Happy
And potter Dwalin would be cool too. Yes I think that works perfectly! And later on, if they are curious enough, they can teach each other's trade for bonding or getting to know you scenes.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:10 pm

Sweet! Everything sounds awesome!
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:12 pm

Can Kaylara turn others into a vampire?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:34 pm

No. Unlike other vampires in other fantasy, Vampires from my world are not undead, they are simply another race. They have lots of characteristics of your typical vampire, they are pale, drink blood, have fangs, etc. but they can die and be killed. They look like elves and often go around disguised as elves so no one knows their true identity. They live on a planet called Draoder which is a planet of death, inhabited by zombies and undead so they are commonly mistaken for the undead. They have no central government, their society is broken up into clans that are sort of like the pyramid level hierarchy you might find in an organized crime ring like the mafia. Most vampires are pretty darn evil, but Zaylara, having been raised by wolf people, is not.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:14 pm

Ah, I see. Good to know for the future:)
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:23 pm

If you like now we can switch to House 1
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:31 pm

Do you think there might be a way to incorporate my Alpha Culture in here somehow? We don't have to if that's too much.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Yeah, it's certainly possible. I'm all for incorporating anything and everything. Sorry if I haven't been replying much today, I was cooking a lot (I made Cornish pasties, they came out awesome!) and I'm also having some computer and internet problems. Ugh...
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:02 pm

Oh no.. what a bummer about your computer and internet issues. Always happens when you need it most huh T_T

Cornish pastries? I never had that before. I may have to look it up and try it myself! Haha! Glad that it turned out so great for you though. Love it when that happens. I have been trying to cook at least once a week, a large meal so that my grandma can eat healthier for her heart.

Really? (^_^) Let's say that this new land is starting to have unusual effects on the cast. So the hobbits and dwarves start experiencing these things from my Alpha Culture. Alicia's energy working talents start getting stronger, and for Brenna , she can also share in the Alpha culture or if you want something different for her.
I am finally completely free, so I am able to respond more frequently.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:12 pm

They were really great, I love to cook. My stepfather is the cook in my family and when I moved away I missed my cooking so I figured I had better learn.

Well, I would have to learn more about alpha culture too and what exactly would change about the dwarves. Like their culture? Their personalities? The thing is I love different cultures. We have gnome cultures, dwarf cultures, hobbit cultures, etc. all coming together and everyone gets to experience what's different about each other. I wouldn't want them to end up losing the cultures they came from.

And yeah, maybe you could talk about what alpha culture is like? Is it similar to the Kuttas with their caste system?
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:30 pm

It would in no way take away from their original cultures, but rather it would just add onto it I'd say.
So for example, alpha beta and omega are determined by behavior and personality.
Alphas are natural protectors/providers.
Betas are the most flexible of the three, sometimes leaning more towards alpha, sometimes more omega. They are natural at adaptation.
Omegas are natural nurturers.
The person can change from one class to another either by impressive feats or winning a confrontational challenge.
Those who are a part of this culture have a better sense of smell because scents sort of have a language of their own. everyone, whether you are part of the culture or not has a natural scent like their thumbprint. and then the strongest emotion can give off a scent too. like fear, rage, love, bravado, etc. depending on the person it can be alluring, or intimidating.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:34 pm

some scents attract, some deter.
scent marking is like the same way a cat would scent mark something. By nuzzling or bunting and leaving their scent on another person usually is an act of endearment or even saying 'you're under my protection'.
Each person can transform into an animal but that animal does not determine their stats, their behavior and personality does. As an animal they cannot talk (naturally) but they communicate by body language or typical animal sounds for those outside of the culture and for those who are a part of it (hobbit to dwarf) they can communicate through telepathy or sounds.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:39 pm

in their animals form, if they are not careful, the animalistic side can take over because it is stronger when the are as beasts. They can become possessive, unpredictable and territorial.
there's something called the bite mark too. This is a magic that can only be delivered in their animal form. The beast would bite the other person just hard enough to withdraw some blood. Then that person and the dwarf/hobbit can now communicate telepathically with the human/elf that they bit. It is a permanent bond and is not to be done without serious consideration. Because through the bond, they have stronger influence over each other too. The one with the strongest will power might end up being too dominant and controlling to the other. But we don't have to use the bite mark part if you don't want to.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Hmm... I'm not sure how I feel about changing the dwarves, hobbits, and gnomes into shape-shifters or animal changers, or that they have certain physical characteristics that might change. Maybe only Alicia starts to inherit these traits since she comes from that world? I wouldn't one world fandom to begin to take over and overlap another, they should all kinda work together through the characters that come from those worlds.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:48 pm

something called Bonding becomes an important thing. Hobbits naturally have a better control over that urge than dwarves because in my story this gift was originally for the hobbits. It is when someone is attracted to another, whether it be romantically or platonic it doesn't matter. They just want to be with that person. They want to love on them and even cuddle. Basically puppy love. If a person does not do this often enough they can become irritable and even aggressive. Then when they find someone they can become possessive, even stalker-ish until this problem is resolved. And it usually is not that hard to resolve anyway.
the next step above that is called Sating. This is a little more intimate but not necessarily carnal. Pleasurable activities can be involved in this (foreplay) but as long as there is no actual intercourse then it's usually fine
Mating is intercourse. self explanatory and we already talked about sex scenes.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:50 pm

oh yes I totally understand. I'm not trying to take over, just thought I'd add something from my own fandom in. Never hurts to ask.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:52 pm

Alicia is already an energy worker is part of my fandom in regards to the Men in the fandom. Nearly all the humans on middle earth had lost touch with the gift, but because Alicia's ancestors sailed away to escape the war, they did not lose touch with the gifts nearly as fast. So energy manipulation comes much easier for her than with others.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:57 pm

Oh, I totally want you to be able to incorporate your own fandoms in, but the thing is that dwarves, hobbits, etc. have their own traits, their own mating rituals, that will come into play too. That's why I'm thinking the alpha culture should maybe be limited to a character or two that actually comes from the fandom, rather than moving it onto a character that comes from another fandom.

And actually, I've been doing some brainstorming lately and I'll post it onto the research forum when I'm done. It involves kinda of a study about certain rites of passage in each culture. Basically birth, marriage, death, sexuality and mating and courting rituals, stuff like that. So the other races will already have these kinds of traits of their societies and races that they should retain.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 9:59 pm

If we can incorporate it in a way that wouldn't alter the dwarves, hobbits, or gnomes in any way, I'd be up for that.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:02 pm

The whole idea is that the Alpha gift was created for love of one another to help thy neighbor from the Great Wars of the foul creatures. So the Alpha culture was created for love of all kinds. romantic and platonic. family and friends. So it can be used for both fluffy scenes and scary scenes.

How far would be too far of an alteration for you? You said transforming might be too far?
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:03 pm

That's kind of the beauty of a deserted planet theme. It's kinda a clean slate where you can pluck characters from any world, any fandom, and drop them on the planet. So we aren't in the Tolkien world, we aren't in DnD world, it's a totally neutral world with characters that come from each of these worlds that can intermingle and bring their origins to the plate.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:08 pm

Right, which is cool. I'm not trying to out boundaries anywhere by no means. this was just a long drawn out 'would you like to try this too?' question. lololol
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum