Who's going to be where

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Who's going to be where

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:18 pm

Okay, yeah we'll hold off on it. I mean I don't want you to think I'm against other fandoms being at work or anything, especially since we were trying to combine elements of our own novels and stuff, but I think we should leave the dwarves, hobbits, and gnomes as they are for sure. I mean if you think about it, I'm kinda adding elements of my own elements into the Dwarves and Hobbits and gnomes because I am going deeper into the societies Tolkien created and adding elements of my own dwarf/hobbit society with the whole gender differences dynamics, and how I am mentioning a darker side to Hobbit society. It's kinda a work in progress so that's why I want to kind of leave them alone and let them evolve on their own.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

View user profile http://fandom.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 pm

I just realized I missed Fili, Kili and Brenna.
Fili- beta- lion
Kili- Omega- Hawk
Brenna- can be anything you'd want her to be. even another energy master.

But again, no pressure. If you don't like it we don't have to use it. I never actually made another world or characters having this other than The Hobbit cast. So I don't have any other people who we could just drop into this Unexplored Land that goes by these characteristics. No worries though. Yeah we can leave it out.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:26 pm

You know what would be kind of cool though is that I've always thought of Fili as a lion and Kili as a wolf, Asphodel the fox, and Brenna the lynx and in another fic I did, each of the four of them received animals that kind or represented them and these animals were kinda connected to them, kind of like Drizzt and his panther, Guenhwyvar. Or kind of like a spirit animal. This planet has a very mixed eco system so all these animals migrate to the area depending on the season at the time.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:28 pm

That's fine too. If you want them to have animal companions you can do that too.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:33 pm

So they other thought I had was... how do we stand up to Roy? Maybe someone needs to put him in his place? He won't be happy if Asphodel and Kili start their thing but, well, Kili is bigger than him, lol.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:42 pm

It all depends on what kind of confrontation you want. We have some pretty strong personalities, both male and female. either Brenna or Alicia can put him in his place if he tries infringing his beliefs of a women's place on them. Or Alicia or someone sneaky like even Dwalin can eavesdrop on hearing and seeing Roy's brutality, and step in himself. Then Roy is never allowed to be near her and Asphodel can speak her mind now that she no longer had to be afraid of him.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:08 pm

Well, heh. you have options to choose from. Decisions decisions. It's time for my bed time though. So I shall return to this tomorrow. Goodnight/morning.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:44 pm

Hmm, I'm kind of thinking some kind of combination could happen. Like maybe he tried to tell Brenna or Alicia what to do and they tell him where to go, and then later, Kili catches him red handed abusing Asphodel so he runs to tell Thorin and then Dwalin and Thorin call off their little engagement. I mean they normally wouldn't have that kind of power over another realm, like the Shire, but Roy isn't in the Shire anymore and there are more of them than there are of him and if he steps out of line, he gets to meet some dwarven axes. At least that is what the threat is. And then Thorin will personally tell Asphodel that she can speak up and that if Roy tries to boss her around she can go to one of them. That might go a long way towards Thorin making amends with his nephews as well because if he was still under the dragon sickness, he wouldn't have cared about what Kili said and he wouldn't care about Asphodel, but as time starts to go on, he can feel the dragon sickness slowly fading away and Fili and Kili will see that he is becoming their uncle again.

Okay bedtime for me too now. My husband and I stayed up late talking about TV shows we like and stuff so I'm just going to do my posts real quick then go to bed. I work 8:30 to 4:30 again tomorrow so I'll post when I get home.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 12:17 am

Oh yeah and real quick before I go to bed is I wanted to remind you since they are now getting into the upstairs, there are skeletons in the beds of all three bedrooms upstairs. The former occupants. And in the other houses, there may be skeletons there too.

Oh also, I wanted to say that you should check out the research and brainstorming forum but this is that this world is like. Every season, the landscape completely changes. There are two temperate seasons: spring and fall. During the temperate seasons, the forests and grasslands resemble something you might see here in North America or in Europe. Oak forests, berries, orchard trees out in the forest, that kind of thing. Then there is the tropical season, which is summer, which is the season we are in now on our plant. During the tropical season, the landscape resembles a combo of Africa, Asia, and South America. Lots of tropical plants, things like coconuts and banana trees, coffee trees in the rainforest, giraffes, and lions out on the savanna, that sort of thing. Then, there is the polar winter. The landscape will look like Alaska. Polar animals, lots of snow and ice, polar bears, caribou, things like that. So it's a very unusual planet.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:02 am

Alright, we can go with that too. Your plan about Roy and Thorin with his nephews.
Today I work 2:30pm to 10:30pm. At least I get an hour of lunch! That's when I can do the most rping. My lunch hour is usually either 5pm or 6pm. Thursday and Friday I am off though.
Alicia thrives in the tropics, so it won't be so bad for her until the winter. She's only ever seen real snow once. I would like for Alicia to start having some companionship with someone. Mayne one of the dwarves like Balin or Thorin. She is also the kind of girl who, if no one says anything to break the awkward silence, she will.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:17 am

one more thing, On your story Plight of the dwarves. You might want to try rebooting chapter 11. This happened to me a few times too where the chapter gets so messed up that it starts showing the coding for the whole page too. I had to skip that one since it was really hard to read. as for Chapter 12.
Really nice to have some lighter content. What I mean by that is it is not so dramatic with people rushing against time to save lives. Really nice to have that break. I feel excited to see how the dwarves cope and are accepted in laketown. I bet Dori ould be a fun co worker. I'd always be messing with him and I doubt there'd ever be a dull moment with him! HAHAHA!
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Okay, I fixed the fic thing, I don't know why it does that sometimes.

So yeah Alicia should form a bond with someone, but I don't know who. Thorin is kind of a loner, he doesn't seek people out, the ones who he really confides in are Balin and Dwalin. Hmm, I'm thinking it might be time to bring in Zaylara. The thing is Zaylara is closer to Alicia's age too so that could be good. I was going to wait until someone had a medical emergency, but maybe I'll bring her in sooner so she and Alicia can hang out.

By the way, since the town is starting to be complete, I feel like now we should think up some actual plots and stuff. The skeletons upstairs will provide mystery, I feel like we need some kind of danger for them to overcome.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:28 pm

Yeah, we should. I threw in a night storm for the start of it. Balin happens to be one of my own favs. So until Vaylara shows up, Alicia can hang with him if that's okay with you. Even a confidant could use their own confidant, and since he already told her of what he's been going through, she would be equally as trusting to him with her problems. This could also be good for if Alicia decides not to tall about something but he suspects something is up.
We can say the storm wither starts an infestation of animals trying to come in for shelter, or maybe a hole breaks in a part of the roof.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Oh dang, it I forgot about the storm when I did my post. But yeah I already kinda took the initiative with Zaylara, I hope you don't mind. But yeah Balin is a wise old dwarf so he'd probably be everyone's confidant, but maybe Alicia in particular kinda forms a bond with him.

Yeah, the animals in the storm could be good. There are lots of storms in the tropics that can be unpredictable.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:33 pm

Awesome! Awesome! Yes I love all of that!
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:37 pm

So I had an idea about how it could play out with Roy, Kili, and Asphodel. Roy is going to have a 'talk' with Asphodel and he'll probably slap her or something and Kili will see. She'll go running upstairs while Kili confronts Roy and then probably has Dwalin and Thorin put him in his place. Then, while that is happening they hear Asphodel scream from upstairs and think she's in trouble. She had gone into one of the unexplored rooms and found a skeleton. Do you think this environment would mummify a body? Or do you just think it should be bones? Oh and... the village may or may not be haunted. Lol.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:05 pm

Oh man of the place is haunted Alicia would be hella excited and even go ghost hunting! She's a kid at heart still lol.
Yes I do like that idea too. This environment does not provide a good mummified body though. Do you remember the scene in DOS where they're running from Smaug and ended up in a room where they saw all those mumafied kin? It would have to be in an enclosed space like that for mummies. The house is open and broken down where moisture and decomposed could get to it. Vultures, bugs etc. And natural decomposition of the body would have left it looking more like road killed animals.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:12 pm

Okay, yeah so it will just be a skeleton though. I still haven't decided what happened to the inhabitants yet, or how long ago they died. The ghosts of the inhabitants may be able to shed some light on everything, but given the state of decay of all the buildings, it's safe to say they have probably been dead a few years.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:21 pm

We can say they were humans and elves too. We can even add to the mystery and say that they even worked together with Orcs if you'd like. Yes I do like Asphodel going up and discovering those bones. And I am going to make Alicia want to try to make contact with the ghosts once that becomes a possibility. The ghosts can even be sort of pranksters themselves since they know what's going on lol.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:36 pm

Yeah, maybe Alicia can be the one to communicate with them. Maybe they can be the ghosts of people from other worlds, like Middle Earth, and Faerun, and anywhere else that was transported the same way our characters were. By a tunnel, they fell into. That could shed some light on how they got there. The dimensional tunnel only goes one way, so there really isn't a way back home for anyone, so the former inhabitants had to build a new life for themselves, but, as fate would have it, maybe they never had any children, and thus, died out. Or it could have been a disease or natural disaster. That will be pretty devastating to hear for Thorin, knowing he can't get back to Erebor, but for everyone else, they might be able to cope with their new lives here.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:47 pm

Hmm, yes, that'd be a heavy blow on everyone except maybe Fili, Kili, Alicia, and Asphodel.
That could lead to possible fluff/bonding scenes too when some might fall to despair. Maybe the ghosts did not realize that they were getting too close to finding out how to get back home and so whoever coordinated this, caused some kind of devastation to happen.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:56 pm

Yeah, there will definitely be bonding over it, maybe it will be a chance for Thorin and his nephews to heal their wounds, and of course, now that Roy lost his power over Asphodel, she and Kili are free to explore their relationship.

Ugh okay, I'll probably post one more time after you then go to bed. I am beat! Long day at work. I am off tomorrow though, so other than the fact that I might run up to the convenience store for a bus pass and maybe some junk food, I should be free to respond at a decent pace tomorrow.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Wed Aug 23, 2017 10:10 pm

whew! man i understand! sleep is so hard to come by these days XD XD. i am off tomrrow, so we can pick this back up any time again. Sleep sounds amazing right now too. I will still read your last post, then also hit the hay and respond later.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Truthful Nomad on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:23 pm

Hmm, do you know anything about Faerun? I'll admit, all I know is from the Drizzt books (although I am ordering more forgotten realms books to read soon!) so I am studying a map so I can decide where Zaylara's people come from. I think her people should live above ground, not in the Underdark, in a place where there are a lot of undead things, like zombies and such. I'll have to do a little research to see where I can kind of place my vampire civilization at. Remember my vampires are not undead, they just live with a lot of death, and if you want to get technical, they are not 'true' vampires, since they are alive.
Truthful Nomad
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Adeleidhis on Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:27 pm

I really only know little of Faerun outside of the Drizzit series myself. I don't know the names of places and cities very well at all either. Guess we'll both have to do some research on this one.
Adeleidhis
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum